Hello world!

dimovski

Hi guys, just registered!

Seems Silent Storm is an awesome game! Ive bought it after looking through one of jefmajors lets plays for it.(okay, I havent watched the whole series, only the 30 1st episodes, couldnt wait any longer smile.png )

I have some problems with the game tho.1st)Panzerkleins - can you remove them ? I saw the no PK mod, but does it remove those wich arent manned from start on?

2nd)LAZORZ!Does any mod remove them aswell?

3rd)weapon loadouts:Im playing the axis campaign, with a custom main (he is a sniper with that austrian scoped gun...some carcano I *think*), in my team I also have Mike,Alex,Carm,Dani(or whatever the name of the german medic is) and Olli.Now, I would like to know what would be most historical for them to wear.Who is supposed to have heavy weapons?The engineer or the grenadier, or even the soldier?! (tho alex did like the MG34,I tell you smile.png ) And which kind of rifles are the other team members supposed to have?A scoped rifle for the sniper is pretty obvious, sure, but what about the others?Currently Alex got a G 41 W, Olli got the unscoped Carcano which uses normal Mauser ammo, and Carm got a M1 Carbine (found it in my 1st random encounter...I scavenged it together with xyz worthless Sten II and Lee Enfields...),cause I thought the low snap-shot might come in handy...she also has the silenced MP41.(all others have submachineguns too, only Alex has the MG34)But I was thinking, would it be better to take the MAS 1936 on some of them (again, I took 5-6 of them with **** loads of ammo, not that it matters, as the french MG uses the same sort of ammo so I can have as much as I want of it)?Also I was able to capture some russian carbines and a Mosin-Nagant (nice looking gun...smile.png), with plenty of ammo for them...should I use them?The M-N has 1AP higher snap-shot and less range then the Mauser, but it dishes out more damage...but the handling is "Hard"...Im confused on what to use for these...

EDIT:and also, how exactly do HE grenades work?Mike threw on several occassions light Breda HE grenades on people and instantly killed them, but it says the damage these dish out is only like 30?!

1. Yes there is no PK mode that removes all PK's and replaces them with regular soldiers.

2. I think there is mod for that.

3. Carcano I thing is Italian weapon :P

As for weapons per class - you can't think "historically" here since there is no such thing. In general soldiers were mostly using rifles and SMG's, but if looking at game specialization then soldier I think has most of them? Rifles, SMGs, LMGs. Grenadiers - SMGs, Grenades and Rocket Launchers. Engineers - Rifles and SMGs - the only explosives for him are his own specialty items such as dynamite for example.

Okay some new questions popped up...I went into a mission called Russian Military Factory, I managed to find the witness and knock him out, problem is, there are WAY,WAY,WAAAAY too many locked "bunker style" doors, Im not sure how I can open them...everything except grenades failed, and those have the bad habit of destroying the floor on which they explode...Also, my grenadier tried opening the big hangar door to the 2nd part of the map, and after throwing 3 heavy ones some laser cut into the hangar door!It hasnt destroyed it, but wtf is behind the door?!

You can use lockpicks to open the locked doors.

As for the hangar door on that level, it's mostly likely a bug on the Axis campaign with that laser animation cutting through the door. I just tested it by throwing grenades at it and a piece of the door falls off. There's nothing interesting behind the door. It's mostly likely a bug on the Axis campaign because If you play the same level on the Allies campaign, you'll see why that laser animation occurs.

Lockpicks arent really an option...my engineer s got poor engineering skillz, so I wonder if its reasonable to just take a light MG and shoot some bursts at those "bunker style" doors, cause frag grenades destroy floors...well thx for the reply,anyway :)