XCOM Declassified interviews

An interesting read, SV. :)

Not having all the answers can be a positive thing. Just as long as such indefinition isn't an excuse for not caring about the loose ends left about.

Plot holes you can incidentally always drive a truck through will ruin any illusion of a complex but coherent narrative.

::

We spoke with the Lead Narrative Designer on the project, Erik Caponi, about what players can expect when The Bureau: XCOM Declassified arrives this fall.

Has the conspiracy started already? Last I checked August 20th is still Summer. In this dimension at least. ;)

Ok - so XCOM evolved from TB to Space Arcade Shooter (Interceptor) to Third Person Shooter (Enforcer), we also "have" FPS (Alliance), now we have RPG Tactical Shooter.... I am only afraid that what next comes is XCOM MMO.... though I wouldn't mind an adventure game :P or rougelike :P

There was this flash game - platform shooter - pretty old from somewhere 2006-2009... Can't find it though - Cybergirl or something like that - thought I saw it here in flash games topic but no.

Nevermind - found it :)

https://www.freeworldgroup.com/games6/gameindex/cyborg.htm

Now I would definitely want that kind of platformer with X-Com theme ;)

"Player agency and pacing come from optional missions — side quests, in RPG terms — available from within the base, and Caponi says that's what distinguishes The Bureau: XCOM Declassified from other shooters."

::

More from Erik Caponi in this article at Polygon.

• 4 weeks later...