Mercenary Diaries - Arulcan Rebelion.

silencer_pl

I'm a mercenary. I kill people for money. Fight someone else fight. Am I proud of it? Sometimes I wish I was gifted with other skills, but then I come to realize that world needs people like me. Few years back then I was called to some tropical island called Metavira. There I met two scientists - Jack and his daughter Brenda. They said that on this island there is a special tree, that produces a very special sap. This sap possess some very special medical powers. The only problem with those trees is, that they can't reproduce. They also had an assistant called Lucas Santino. He persuaded Jack to create a second laboratory on the other side of the island. Then all went wrong. The Richards goal was pure - to create a cures for different sickness, help those in need. Santion however was only interested in making money. He made some arrangements and created an army and then threatened Richards. Somehow they knew I had special contacts, a powerful contacts. I've made some calls and with the help from Association of International Mercenaries, we took care of Santino. Now when I look at the occasional postcards from the Richards I know that I did the right thing to become a Mercenary.

Few days ago I got a strange e-mail. Some fellow heard about my talents and wanted to see me. At the meeting the man revealed that he is Enrico Chivaldori. A ruler or monarch or whatever on the exile. He comes from some god forsaken country called Arulco. From what he says, his wife (or ex-wife) made him flee from the country. Now she rules with iron fist. Normally I wouldn't care about such petty things, but gut feeling tells me I should look into this. I told him that I will need some money. He said that he will need some time.

Upon returning home I've used my contacts in Recon Intelligence Services to give me as much information about this Arulco country as they can gather. I've also dug up some intel in The Internet. Looks like the man was telling the truth. Some live leaks show some civilian execution, just as an example of disobedience.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Two weeks later, somewhere in Czech Republic I've met Enrico again. He gave me his wife photo and diamonds (as payment).

003.jpg

So it is official. I'll be going to Arulco.

The guys from R.I.S. have sent their data.

Arulco - Small third world country. Capital - Meduna. 2 Airports in Meduna and Drassen. Since Meduna is a capital guess starting point will be Drassen. The country lives mostly from mining gold, silver and occasional diamonds. It's army is divided into regular army and "Queen" Deidranna (as she calls herself) Guard, which are suppose to be a very elite forces. Air force is very limited and there are sightings of old Soviet tanks T-54's or better, so reaching her palace may prove difficult.

Little is known about Deidranna herself. There are however some clues about a rebellion lead by Miguel Cordona. I probably should meet this guy. Maybe he will help me, helping him.

I've prepared some operation map. It should be helpful for the soldiers I will take on this mission.

004.jpg

Again I will be contacting with A.I.M. Lately I've heard they had some staff changes. Some of the mercs I worked with aren't available any more. Also the Metavira job gave me some discount and now I can hire for entire mission with one single payment. I've exchanged the diamonds for cash. I got 25 Grands for it. Either I was cheated or the price of diamonds is really low these days.

Checking the list of available guns for hire I see many talented faces, but with the amount of cash I have I can only maybe hire one or two. I'll be needing a reliable good merc. Someone who will take care of himself all by himself or herself. Wolf was always a good rounder, and it says that he lost over forty pounds. Looks like the guy I need for starters.

005.jpg

I've also heard that he and Fox have some kind of relation ship. But unfortunately A.I.M politics don't allow me to hire a merc without equipment. Looks like I am short on cash. Maybe after taking foothold in Arulco I'll scrounge up some money.

006.jpg

In the mean time, Wolf is on his own.

Day 1, Time 03:00.

Wolf has been successfully inserted into outskirts of Drassen Airport. Being only man in this action Wolf will have to rely on his instincts and scout the surrounding area. There is a desolated tower. Maybe from higher ground he will see something.

007.jpg

On the tower he spots a small rubble containing a silencer. Too bad he pack shotgun. From the tower he noticed that there are 2 guards patrolling outer rims of the airport. Also the queen is too busy counting money, that the fence in the airport is in poor condition and in some places there are holes that will allow for easy entry.

But first let's make sure our backs are covered. Although he is not skilled in sneaking, Wolf manages to creep close enough to waste this poor guy.

007.jpg

By the looks, this must some kind of conscript militia. Probably forced into service through conscription. You can tell by how they walk, what they wear. Mostly it's axes and if they have a gun they would probably shoot themselves.

In the fenced area there are 3 barracks. Two of them looks like housings for the soldiers, the third one looks like canteen. In one of them Wolf find some basic military clothing. Flack jacket, Kevlar pants and shirt both in wood type camo pattern.

009.jpg

Being closer to possible enemy position, Wolf climbs the ladder and tries to spot something from the roof. Not much to see. There are two guys on a patrol route around the barracks and some fuel containers.

010.jpg

He climbs down and prepare for ambush on one of them. When he takes care of him, the other guard looks like heard the gunshot and rushed to investigate. Not being totally stupid like it seems, he stopped at the corner. But he didn't realize there is a window at his back, so Wolf enters the house again and peppered him with 12ga in the back.

Having dispatched those two guards, Wolf moves towards a hangar that looks like a mechanic place.

010.jpg

There is a guard over the corner. Not taking any chances he moves from the other side.

012.jpg

Just to make sure, he moves into the hangar. But suddenly a loud sound appears. He turns around and see a man charging with an axe. Axe vs Shotgun - who will be the winner?

013.jpg

The axe-man was swept away fast. Now he can move closer to that red building which looks like some kind of officer housing. There he finds two guards. One of them must be the lieutenant of this camp. Without any hesitation he kills both of them.

Now only the last building remains. It looks like cargo deposit hangar.

014.jpg

Inside there was a guard chilling out, so Wolf makes sure that he will be chill for ever. This got the attention of some guard that was unnoticed until now. Wolf dashed behind sandbox cover and a small firefight occurred.

015.jpg

It would be real miracle for that guy to win the fight, but miracles don't happen that often.

That made sector liberated. A man suddenly approaches and congratulates the "team". He also says there is a guy who can sell some stuff.

016.jpg

There also was this odd fellow, Skyrider he was called. He had a problem that we could solve and earn some cash in the process. All we had to do is find some diamonds he lost some time ago.

017.jpg

Having sold few guns and small items, I've got enough cash for another merc. Since they are a pair, why not make use of that.

018.jpg

A little picky are we? Considering that you don't have much to offer I am quite surprised by the answer. She will arrive in 33 hours or so.

Rearming and resupplying Wolf starts to head towards Drassen city.

019.jpg

Day 1, Time 4:52.

Wolf arrives to Drassen. Immediately he spots a guy armed with axe. No problem.

020.jpg

After quick kill, he checks surrounding huts to check if someone else wasn't alerted. Fortunately not. He then proceeds first strategic place. Near some kind of warehouse or something, he spots 3 guards.

021.jpg

When trying to take cover behind trucks Wolf is spotted. One of the guards hides behind the ramp, the other runs towards palette and the axe man has no option but to charge bravely. We already knows how it ends. Not risking further 2 on 1 fight Wolf sneaks from the other side. He there spots another opportunity to "free kill".

022.jpg

Peeping around the corner he then spots that one guard behind the ramp. Though a bit far for shotgun, he manages to "clean" that guard. And the guy behind palette? He was to stupid to turn around.

023.jpg

Inside the building there were 2 more guards that were dispatched with little difficulty.

This building is some kind of manufacturing house full of children, but we don't have time to think about it though. So checking surroundings Wolf moves south, getting closer to building that looks like a local church. There are some homes on the way that can be used as cover.

In one of said houses (or rubble of a house) there was a guard. Without hesitation Wolf fills him with some 12ga.

024.jpg

However this brought the attention of his nearby buddy. Rushing before he can react, Wolf also brings him to the ground.

Now he can move towards that church.

025.jpg

When he reached the frontal door, two guards pooped out from the corner. He quickly dashed around another corner and awaited if the dumb guards will chase him.

026.jpg

And yes they did, and now they are gone.

Following further the churches wall where the guards popped out, Wolf meets another guard at the back. He is unaware of his presence.

027.jpg

The guards patrol route led to the small cemetery. There Wolf jumped on him and made quick work out of him.

Checking the corner of the cemetery, two more guards were spotted.

028.jpg

Their line of sight allowed him to move unnoticed, close enough to end their miserable lives.

With those kills it looks like Drassen is under our control for now. Since town is secure now it is a good time to ask some locals about the rebellion. The people here are so scared, that only a priest from local church could at least tell who can help us.

029.jpg

Some local girl called Ira might help us, so let's talk to her. Unfortunately Ira is a dick (without balls).

030.jpg

031.jpg

For Christ sake woman, we didn't come here just to shoot people! Calming my nerves, we asked her what will we need to do, to make here believe us, that we are here to kill the bitch queen..... She kept yapping about the miners working to the bones, so we agreed to liberate local mine west of Drassen.

But before that Wolf had to return to the Airport to restock and guns and ammo, since clearing the city he used all of the shotgun shells.

Nah, this game couldn't handle Chuck Norris... on the other hand no PC could handle Chuck Norris.

Day 1, Time 13:02

On the way to Cambria mine, Wolf spots some hostile looking road block.

032.jpg

After sneaking closer he spots 4 guys chilling out with some beer.

033.jpg

Being very careful he sneaks a little closer to the road and empties almost whole magazine of his SCAR. It was very effective.

034.jpg

Moving on, he reached the destination.

035.jpg

Day 1, Time 14:52

Carefully scouting ahead, Wolf finds 3 guards patrolling on the mine rooftop.

036.jpg

In few seconds there were only corpses. Moving ahead he stops and takes a peek from the roof. There he finds another 3 guards, but they were looking at his position, so this time it wasn't sneak attack. But head shooting with pistols is very difficult job.

037.jpg

Some wannabe hero rushed at wolf position with a machete. But Wolf has good reflex and the guy just dropped dead few just few meters before him. Following further in, another patrolling guard was spotted. It's not a secret that he didn't live few more seconds.

After that all is left is to storm the mine operation building. The entrance was guarded by a vigilant guard. He spotted Wolf before he could reach any good position. So he hit the dirt and crawled behind some rubble to get some protection. Then using it he moved around the guard and shot him in the face. The last guard that was guarding the place panicked and rushed Wolf's position. But he was ready for him.

038.jpg

Oswald the head miner in Cambria mine was so happy to be free from Deidrana clutches, that he promised some pocket money and a diamond gift worth 4 grand.

039.jpg

He also asked to liberate other mines too.

040.jpg

Back in Drassen, Father Walker had some problems that we should help him with. It appears some Rednecks, called Hicks gone insane and started to eat people, like playing with cows or goats or whatever rednecks do wouldn't be enough.

041.jpg

Reporting back to that bitch Ira, she tells us that she is sorry and she tells where to find Miguel.

042.jpg

And also asks to help Drassen one more time.

043.jpg

That action in the mine has cost all the 5.56 ammo for the SCAR, so Wolf buys from local merchant Thompson SMG. Armed and preped to go, he moves towards that pump station.

Day 1, Time 21:25

And it is still sunny. Wolf arrives at the pump station. He sees a little house that has a very good defensive position.

044.jpg

Circle navigating around it, he spots 3 guards on the top. It is almost impossible to storm it from the front, not at least without any backup or some explosive.

045.jpg

He moves to the back and spots 2 guards there. No time to waste, he switches to full auto and wastes them. That made enough noise for one of the guards from the top to check what happens. Maybe he would have more chance jumping down. But using ladders is just death trap.

046.jpg

Peeking inside through the windows, Wolf spots 3 guards. He then uses his brains and strafes from one window to other killing the stupid guards.

047.jpg

After few rounds the house was clear.

048.jpg

But that got the attention of the last guard from the top. Which was a blessing because if he stayed there he had better position. Now he is pushing up the daisies.

049.jpg

Upon returning to Ira, she is very happy and wants to join our crusade. You'll be our pack mule bitch.

050.jpg

In the pump station Wolf found small quantity of 5.56 ammo, so he can go to Cambria without worries of ammo shortage.

During his journey it seems that queen begun to make retaliate action. The fight for the road block starts again but this time it is we who have better position.

051.jpg

After the first battle Wolf gave his shotgun to some local militia guy. With his help now he can now safely murder the intruders because the enemy is focusing on the militia guy, but being constantly wounded by some 12ga pellets they can't get a focus. But Wolf can and that is what matters.

052.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Day 2, Time 02:30

Wolf arrives to Cambria University and Hospital.

053.jpg

His first objective will be securing University place. He moves to the back side and finds a ladder to the rooftops. A perfect place to scout for enemy movements. There was also option of blasting through wall, but Wolf is not skilled enough with explosives to use that C4 he is carrying.

On the roof he catches some guard through the roof windows (or whatever it is called).

054.jpg

The guard was stubborn enough not to die after 1 headshot, but the second one made him die. That got the attention of the guards down below. Wolf spots massive movements on ground floor.

055.jpg

He manages to dispatch 2 guards before the others were beelining towards his position.

056.jpg

After clearing this batch of enemies, Wolf moves towards the western part of the roof. There he spots 3 guards and swiftly puts them to rest. Having no further visuals on guards he climbs down the ladder and proceeds towards the dorm like houses. There he got ambushed by 4 enemies.

057.jpg

Though cornered, he pulls a miracle and kills all of the assailants without a scratch.

058.jpg

But that is not over yet. Unfortunately that depleted most of the SCARs ammo. It's back to Thompson SMG again.

While sneaking through the University corridors, a lone guard was spotted patrolling one.

059.jpg

Wolf dashed back to the corner and dive jumped near the flowerpot. The guard didn't stand a chance and ate few round of .45 rounds.

The last room where some guards could be is looking well defended.

060.jpg

Wolf dashed towards the table. He spots 2 guards. If it wasn't the table he would be put in a crossfire situation. He manages to kill both of the guards taking one shot, but the Flack Jacket he was wearing helped reducing the damage done.

After that there was only the matter of a single scared guard hiding in the kitchen.

061.jpg

In the University Wolf finds a small cache of weapons. They will come in handy after Cambria will be liberated. Some militia men will use those.

062.jpg

But the time for celebration has not yet come. There is still the Hospital area to clear.

063.jpg

Traditionally storming through main entrance is always the bad idea. So Wolf goes around and enters through the back, using the delivery garage. Upon entering there were 2 guards. He took them by surprise.

064.jpg

In the main hall of the hospital there were 2 more guards that didn't know what hit them. After that there was only one more place to visit - the morgue. Again traditional way was out of the question because of the heavy barricades. Near the garage there was a ladder leading to the roof. Wolf took again the path of attacking from behind. Unfortunately there was a guard patrolling the place and before he was sent away, he manged to alert others.

065.jpg

Wolf had to empty all of his Thompson ammo and use his sidearm to clear that infestation.

066.jpg

Upon entering the morgue and by the looks some part was changed to be a prison Wolf spots 2 more guards. This time he used his gunslinger skill. He burst through the doors and killed all the guards with very quick shots.

067.jpg

That cleared whole area. There were however two doctors that had some tasks for us to do. The first one is Doctor Willis. He says that the hospital is running low on antibiotics and stuff. He gave a lead that a guy called Fredo in Grumm was smuggling some.

068.jpg

The second one, Doctor Vince have some patients with critical condition. We need to free the airspace by clearing some SAM sites. He says that there are 3 of said sites. One somewhere east of Cambria, one in Meduna, and the last one somewhere in the southeast area.

069.jpg

Having that take care of, Wolf goes straight to the Cambria downtown.

Day 2, Time 3:22

Wolf arrives at Cambria. After initial surveying of the area he finds his first 2 victims.

071.jpg

After silently wasting them, another 2 guards appear in the corner.

072.jpg

With some difficulty and 2-3 more guards in local housings Wolf is free to roam the area. The probably main part of the enemy concentration will be this jail area.

073.jpg

So instead of mad rushing, Wolf moves around and his first visit is the local bar. It is obvious that some guards will be there, and because there is only one entrance, storming this place will not be that easy.

074.jpg

But at the hospital Wolf found some gas grenades, so that gave an option to flush those guys out of the bar and set the weapon on Full Auto. Nothing beats Full Auto in close combat.

075.jpg

Closing in to the main guarded area, Wolf spots a lone guard, patrolling some area. After some stalking he wastes the guard at some shady corner.

075.jpg

Now what should remain is the jail. Upon sneaking in, he spots a guard patrolling the courtyard and one inside the building. Both got killed without a fuss.

077.jpg

But that got the attention of some other guards, who took place around the corner and didn't think of moving in. It's time to use that gas grenade again. Once their position was broken Wolf put few rounds in their guts.

078.jpg

After cleaning house, Wolf moves to the local bar, where he finds Carmen - International Bounty Hunter, that is looking for some bounties, but can't handle the shooting. First victim to find is Slay.

079.jpg

Day 2, Time 5:26

Wolf arrives at Hillbilly (Hicks) farm. Since they are Hillbillies, their shooting skills will be probably better than those conscript guards. But Wolf is still better than them.

080.jpg

First he grabs those Diamonds Skyraider was talking about. Then he closes in to a shed or whatever it is called. There he spots 1 guy in the barn and 2 in the other room. After a brief shooting, three of them lie dead and Wolf got hit by 1 or 2 lucky bullets. Nothing a medkit won't help.

081.jpg

Sneaking by the barn Wolf spots two more Hicks by the truck. He closed in to the point where Full Auto was again the best solution he downs them fast.

082.jpg

The outside of the farm is clear. Now the tricky part would be to get inside the bunker. It is guarded by 3 or 4 Hicks and both entrances are covered.

084.jpg

No gas grenades this time, but some distraction made some of the Hicks move outside where they were given loads of bullets. Then it was rush in take one guy guarding the front door, duck behind some cover and finish off the last one.

085.jpg

If only Wolf could carry so many guns. Well Ira will come in later grab some and distribute to local militia. Hicks armaments were some AK-47s, some M4 carbines, some shotguns, some H&K rifles.

After clearing the Farm, some locals send a warning that Deidrana army is closing in to Cambria. The report says 10 rookie soldiers.

086.jpg

Well in Cambria we have 11 militia, 10 of them are rookies themselves so I think I should spend some money on training some of them a bit. And Ira is in the vicinity so she might well be of use. Don't know how - probably flashing her bum and leading enemy to guarded district.

Day 2, Time 07:00

Ira and some militia try to defend Cambria. As strange as it sounds/look - enemy soldiers first rush towards the bar.

087.jpg

Vastly outnumbered 2 guards in the bar fell quickly but killed few guys in the process.

088.jpg

Outnumbered Ira does what she was planned to do - flashing her butt and running towards secured position. Some of the enemies fell for it and are gunned down by local militia. The others didn't know what to do and stood right there in the open. With the right push of Ira's butt, they moved too towards the main militia garrison.

089.jpg

090.jpg

Then it was the militia who lead the charge at the bar where last of the soldiers remained.

091.jpg

While Ira was fending of some soldiers, Wolf arrived at Rebels hideout and met the man in charge - Miguel.

092.jpg

Arulco is a strange country. First they have cannibal hillbillies, then the rebel leader turns out to be of Hispanic origins....

093.jpg

But before Wolf goes to San Mona to meet this Kingpin, he will go liberate Grumm and secure second mine.

• 2 months later...