Weapon Fire Mods Editing.. how?

drages

Hey ppl..

I am searching for editors and mods but cant find a way to edit the fire mods or creating new ones.. I saw a mod for heavy laser for ufo that you can use 2 different fire mod and it was very creative..

So i want to create different fire mods as i said, like a chain shot (10 shot version of auto shot) or some aoe ing..

and is there an option to add different clips for weapons..

any help whould be usefull.. i wanna create a super heavy gauss with sonic type dmg clip for example..

thx!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Here you go, friend. Just extract this into your X-com directory, make sure its in with engine.dll, and you can change anything you want about the game.

Should there be an engine.dll included in this RAR file? I don't see any engine.dll in my X-Com directory.

Basic weapon stat editing is easy, it's changing their behaviour to do things beyond what's capable of the game that's hard. However, the brilliant folks working on the respective Extenders for the Windows versions of UFO and TFTD have means and ways to do some interesting things with the weapons, like giving them ranged based accuracies and I think the new firing mode for the heavy laser was featured in UFO Extender.

- NKF

Seb created the two special fire modes in UFO Extender. It wasn't a simple change of values in any database. He had to write a lot of special code to create both fire modes and add them to the weapon's menu. All of it specifically for the Heavy laser. Another problem that he had to overcome was there are only so many slots available for the weapon menu: He had to replace the Aimed shot option with one of the special fire modes so he could leave room for the stun option if that mod is enabled. You can customize the Extender source files, adapt the code to other weapons, if your comfortable writing and compiling c+. The source files are available on the ufopaedia.org site.