OK thats quite frightening

dwilkie

I just started a new game on Novice (don't laugh, I wanted to try piracy as a career :laugh:) and about 12 hours into the game I got my first alert. I sent two agents thinking "well it the first mission, two will handle it easily". Imagine my surprise when I was faced with the following (bear in mind I hadn't even seen any UFO's yet, and the infiltration graph was empty)

4 Multiworms

3 Brainsuckers

7 (!) Spitters

2 Anthropods with Disruptors

A Skeletoid with a Dimension Missile

My andriods managed to survive (god knows how, though the power swords I'd retrieved in a marsec raid and the shields from Osiron helped) but I had to let half the aliens escape while my androids cowered inside a room with only one door blasting anyone who came in.

Is it just me, or does this seem a bit OTT for your first investigation?

The first time I played through the game (well, as far as week 2 anyway) my first investigation was a spitter, and an anthropod with a brainsucker launcher (and I still lost half my 8 man team - thank goodness for practice!)

Sorry it was a bit of a long post, just thought I'd share this with everyone :power:

Just out of curiosity, what was your overall score like?

Most of the more advanced alien technologies are only enabled after you've reached a certain score level. I hope you didn't go on a massive raiding spree! :laugh:

I had something similar happen to me a long time ago. I thought I'd start a new game (novice too -- was just starting out myself) and then stock up on some of the better weapons through numerous raids and whatnot before getting to work on the aliens. Raided (mostly stun raids) all sorts of people constantly, at least several times within the span of a few game minutes. Needless to say, I went a bit overboard. Surely enough, when I next did a proper mission with the aliens, they were already using disrupter guns and shields. Decided to restart the game from scratch and thus ended my life of crime! :power:

- NKF

Ah ha, thats the answer then, did stun raids on Osiron (twice), Marsec (4 times), Megapol (twice) and the Government (once)

Not sure what my score was like, but that would certainly explain it. Oh well, I'm going to attempt to persevere (I know, I know, I'm mad!)

Methinks you'd have to have had a lot more missions than that. The dimension missile launcher shouldn't get unlocked that quickly.

I suppose it could have been a glitch. Can always blame things on random glitches y'know! :power:

- NKF

• 4 weeks later...