UFO Extender

Tycho

No more crashes! Thank You!

Also MAX FPS: 70 works beautifully in conjunction with Battlescape Delay=22. It slowed down the flames, now the bullets are fast as well. Awesome!!!

You might want to check out the Extender's ufopaedia page again. I reformatted the entries to match the INI so it's easier to understand and find things.

Hi Tycho

Love your work so thank you for making my annual run through exciting each time.

I'm using v1.30 so hope this is the place to post.

Small bug found. Any number above 50 I place in the General Store Capacity line of the ini file results in the store capacity shown in Base Information, in game, as 'Stores 0:1' and all items I have in the stores show '0 Space used'. This worked as intended when I used v1.29.

Thanks again for all the hard work.

Hi Tycho

Love your work so thank you for making my annual run through exciting each time.

I'm using v1.30 so hope this is the place to post.

Small bug found. Any number above 50 I place in the General Store Capacity line of the ini file results in the store capacity shown in Base Information, in game, as 'Stores 0:1' and all items I have in the stores show '0 Space used'. This worked as intended when I used v1.29.

Thanks again for all the hard work.

hmm. I'll look into that. Strange that this should come up now. I know mercy uses this option too. BTW, the newest version is 1.31. Check the first post in this topic for the latest update.

Check the beginning of this thread for the latest version 1.31.2. It should fix the problem.

Thanks for the answer but still have exactly the same problem with v1.31.2. I am using 5 components of XcomUtil as well so maybe something there is causing the issue. Never mind, at least I can play and on the bright side, no store space to worry about this game.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the answer but still have exactly the same problem with v1.31.2. I am using 5 components of XcomUtil as well so maybe something there is causing the issue. Never mind, at least I can play and on the bright side, no store space to worry about this game.

Thanks again.

Check back in a day or two and see if I can isolate the problem.

Thanks again.

I found the problem. I'll have a fix for this and some issues with production of the laser cannon and tank/laser soon.

Hi Tycho

Been playing with v1.13.2 and found two oddities in video section. Posting here just for your information.

I always run the game in full screen mode.

1. If Screen Ratio =1 or higher (as set in 1.31.2), I get no video (ie. a black screen) but anything below 1, even 0, gives me full screen. This is opposite to what I needed in v1.30.

2. Slow Geoscape Clock=1 really lags my mouse on the Geoscape. If set to 0 all is fine. It was Set to 0 in v1.30

Thanks

Hi Tycho

Been playing with v1.13.2 and found two oddities in video section. Posting here just for your information.

I always run the game in full screen mode.

1. If Screen Ratio =1 or higher (as set in 1.31.2), I get no video (ie. a black screen) but anything below 1, even 0, gives me full screen. This is opposite to what I needed in v1.30.

2. Slow Geoscape Clock=1 really lags my mouse on the Geoscape. If set to 0 all is fine. It was Set to 0 in v1.30

Thanks

So, the problem is the default settings in the INI? When Geoscape Clock=1 causes the lag, does the lag occur at the lower speed settings?

Currently investigating a Base Attack crash. Only happened once on a random event, on next reload a small ship came, so I will try to make a retaliation more likely: will try to shoot down a bigger UFO so aliens come visit with more probability. Then upload a savegame.

Yes and yes.

The code that handles the video was developed by Nikilata. I'll adjust the INI setting for now and see if I can isolate why the error occurs at a later time. I think I might have a fix for the lag. The delay is really high at the lower settings. I halved the delay so will see if that has any effect. This means that the clock runs faster than 5 seconds game time=1 real second but does anyone really need that slow of time progression?

Unrelated, but I finally figured out how to close the transfer-at-the-end-of-the-month exploit for engineers and scientists.

Just posted version 1.31.3. Issues addressed in this patch:

• Fixes a crash on Base Defense missions and problem with unit spawning when the aliens attack any base other than the initial one.
  • Fixes incorrect production requirments for the laser cannon, tank/laser, and motion scanner.
  • Lowered the delay for the slower time rates on the Geoscape Clock mod. People reported too much mouse lag with the initial settings. These changes do make the clock run faster at those settings.
  • In the Alterernate Research Tree mod: added a senergy effect from several technologies in relation to Sectoids that will allow the soldiers' Psi Strength to be know without the need for a Psi Lab.

Just posted version 1.31.4. Sorry about the flood of fixes lately. Hopefully this is the last one that is necessary.

• Set the proper sound for the Mind Probe when it is used.
  • Fixed an issue with the Alien Base Exploit fix: The daily score now increases the longer the base is operational.

Hyperwave transmission message when no Decoder is built or researched

Hyperwave transmission data is decoded, but XCOM doesn't have the tech yet, since I'm only at the beginning of the game.

Is this happening with every UFO or is this an unusual event?

Edited by Tycho

Is this happening with every UFO or is this an unusual event?

Unusual event. The game suddenly put out a window while I was speeding the days that a UFO has crashed in Australia. It appeared to be an event resembling to the Roswell feature. "Sometimes saucers will crash there"

Tycho, do you think it is possible in UFO Extender to let XCOMUTIL write skills of soldiers into the Soldier Name string variable as per one feature of XCOMUTIL 9.7?

"Do you want stat strings added to the names of your troops?"

Rank and number of kills would be awesome too.

How do I use these in the INI?

"*Weight, Accuracy, Reaction, Psi Strength, Psi Skill: Strings to use on the modified equip screen"

[Equipment Screen]

Show Stats=1

Weight=1?

How do I use these in the INI?

"*Weight, Accuracy, Reaction, Psi Strength, Psi Skill: Strings to use on the modified equip screen"

[Equipment Screen]

Show Stats=1

Weight=1?

Check out the Extender wiki page and look at the section for Text. They are provided for mutilingual support.

Quicksave Quickload feature:

I wonder how much work would be to code this feature.

To put a [Quicksave] section into the ini with QuickSaveKey=F5 QuickLoadKey=F9

and on keypress UFO Extender would store the 43 files in a GAME_1 ~151K in memory then load the game back on keypress.

Tycho, could you please put parameters for BASS_SetVolume or BASS_CONFIG_GVOL_MUSIC / BASS_CONFIG_GVOL_SAMPLE into the INI so I can increase the music volume against the sound volume.

Currently music is too low and sounds are too strong.

That won't work because the mp3s are currently being played at 100% already. Including a volume adjuster would only allow you to lower the music volume. Only mp3 music is being played through BASS, other sounds are still using the original DirectSound layer, over which the game has no control. Oringally the Gallops were relying on your OS or sound card to handle all volume control. That is why the game used midi to play music since that had a seperate volume control from wav. Then Microsoft decides to remove the ability to control the various sound streams indivdually for a per program/game setting.

I've been looking at this but I've just started.