UFO Extender

Tycho

Good work Tycho!

Can i have a question for you? Have you thought that it could be easier to work on OpenXcom (contribute or create your version) instead of hacking original game? But probably not so challenging wink.png

I must say this thought occurred a while ago to me, too...

• 2 weeks later...

Good work Tycho!

Can i have a question for you? Have you thought that it could be easier to work on OpenXcom (contribute or create your version) instead of hacking original game? But probably not so challenging wink.png

The Extenders are my pet projects. I still get some thrill out of understanding a portion of the disassembled code that previously was a mystery to me. I also like to see what new things I can get the old programs to do.

Hmmm, I don't think tyco should give up on this entirely for collaberation on OpenXcom.

Tyco do you have an expected release frame for the next version?

It should be soon. Hopefully before the end of this month. I'm trying to beta as much as I can now.

I do have one question: At superhuman difficulty, what is the average score (assuming no Xcom death penalties) for a supply ship?

Patch Overlap Error starting UFOLoader.exe

trying to patch same place twice 0x004487a6, 0x004487a8

Send this error to the author to have it fixed.

In XCOMUTIL I enabled Ufo Extender and previously the two worked together.

That is a conflict between "Fast Base Defenses" and the retailiation loop fixes. I posted an updated zip files just a minute ago which should fix the conflict.

Equipment is disappearing!

Rocket launchers, pistols, rifles, auto cannons, all sorts of weapons disappear from mission to mission. I have to buy anew again.

Possibly equipment - weapons - from wounded soldiers is taken and thrown away. Please fix this.

Tested De-equip Crafts=0 or 1, Save Equipment=0 or 1 90% of my weapons are lost although soldiers lived.

Equipment from stunned aliens are properly kept and sellable.

Also in one instance I accidentally took off from site and the interceptors got the fleeing UFO (previously on ground) and the game gave me an Exception Error crash with a 0x00something hex code.

D3D Fullscreen Width=1280

D3D Fullscreen Height=1024

D3D Windowed=0

D3D Window Position=0 0

Screen Ratio=0.833333

Always On Top=0

Clip Cursor=1

Scale Mouse=1

Slow Geoscape Clock=0

Battlescape Delay=20

Force Language=1

Skip Intro=1

CPU Mask=0

High Priority=0

Max FPS=0

D3D Window Width=1280

D3D Window Height=1024

[bug Fix]

;Use this section to disable fixes. See the INI-readme.txt for more details.

[Mod]

Doubleclick Movement=0

TFTD Doors=1

De-equip Crafts=0

Reorder Soldiers In Crafts=1

Save Reserve Mode=1

Keep Base Navigation Modules=1

More Chryssalid Sound Effects=1

Alien Inventory=1

Alien Bleeding=1

More Reaction Fire=1

Hot Grenades=0

Stunned units KIA=0

No Blaster Bomb Drift=0

More Smoke=1

Heavy Laser=1

Stun Fest=0

No Auto Wake Up=0

No Alien Freak Out Messages=0

Auto Sell=1

Start With All Missiles=1

Assign All Personnel=1

General Store Capacity=1

Rank In Inventory=1

Show Money=1

Base Building Stacking=1

Fast Base Defenses=1

Improved Laser Tank=1

Know Thy Enemy=1

Ablative Armor=1

Alt Weapon Loadouts=1

EU2012 Item Rules=1

Weak Sectoids=1

Zombies Will Hatch=1

Human Limits=1

Alternate Research Tree=1

Difficulty Level of Interceptions=5

Manual Interception Fire Mode=1

True Cautious Mode=1

Crafts Always Ready=1

Retaliate Against Ground Assault=1

No Funkers=1

Bloodthirst=1

Disable Base Defenses=0

Surrender Defence Missions=0

Initial Alien Bases=1

Funding Council Income Only=0

Limited Military=0

[Enhanced Tactical AI]

Apply=1

Autofire Distance=8

Snap Distance=16

[Equipment Screen]

Show Stats=1

Save Equipment=0

Show Grenade State=1

Auto Flares=1

[Range Based Accuracy]

Apply=1

Minimum Efficiency=50

Snap Penalty Distance=30

Auto Penalty Distance=14

Orange Cursor Threshold=95

Red Cursor Threshold=75

[Line Of Fire Check]

Mind Control=0

Panic=0

Mind Probe=0

[Music]

Apply=1

Source=MP3

;Source=PSX CD

CD Drive=F

MP3 Folder=mp3

Battlescape=*Battlescape*.mp3

Start Menu=*Final Briefing*.mp3

Bad Ending=*Final Briefing*.mp3

Good Ending=*Dogfight*.mp3

Geoscape=*Geoscape*.mp3

Dogfight=*Dogfight*.mp3

Mission Debriefing=*Debriefing*.mp3;MissionAccomplished.mp3

UFO Assault=*Briefing1.mp3

Base Defense=*Briefing2.mp3

Base Attack=*Briefing1.mp3

Mars=*Debriefing*.mp3;MissionAccomplished.mp3

Terror Mission=*Briefing2.mp3

[initial Base]

Apply=0

row1=HangarTL HangarTR HangarTL HangarTR HangarTL HangarTR

row2=HangarBL HangarBR HangarBL HangarBR HangarBL HangarBR

row3=AccessLift Empty Empty Empty Empty Empty

row4=GeneralStores LivingQuarters SmallRadar Laboratory Workshop Empty

row5=Empty Empty Empty Empty Empty Empty

row6=Empty Empty Empty Empty Empty Empty

[Wreck Analysis]

Apply=1

[Craft Ready Message]

Apply=0

[Roswell]

Apply=1

[battlescape Shortcuts]

Apply=1

End Turn=Return

Multilevel View=L

Show Map=M

Center On Unit=Home

Inventory=Space

Kneel=K

Next Unit=End

Next Unit Skip Current=Back

View Up=MouseWheelUp

View Down=MouseWheelDown

Go Up=PageUp

Go Down=PageDown

Left Menu=Left

Right Menu=Right

Unit Stats=C

Options=F12

Lift Off=Escape

Reserve None=1

Reserve Snap=2

Reserve Auto=3

Reserve Aimed=4

[Geoscape Shortcuts]

Apply=1

Rotate Right=Right

Rotate Left=Left

Rotate Up=Up

Rotate Down=Down

Zoom In=MouseWheelUp

Zoom Out=MouseWheelDown

Geo Speed1=1

Geo Speed2=2

Geo Speed3=3

Geo Speed4=4

Geo Speed5=5

Geo Speed6=6

Intercept=Insert

Bases=B

Graphs=G

Ufopaedia=U

Options=Escape

Fundings=F

[Caps]

Apply=0

Time Units=80

Health=60

Strength=70

Energy=100

Reactions=100

Firing Accuracy=120

Melee Accuracy=120

Throwing Accuracy=120

Psi Skill=100

[OBDATA.DAT]

Apply=1

;Make grenades indestructible to allow stacking several explosions

Grenade Resistance=255

;Make HE packs capable of breaching UFO walls

High Explosive Damage=200

Heavy Plasma Weight=10

[Text]

;equipment screen texts

Weight=Weight>

Accuracy=Accur>

Reaction=React>

Psi Strength=P.Str>

Psi Skill=P.Skill>

Primed=primed

;Roswell mod texts

;{Terrain names}

Jungle=Jungle

Farm=Farm

Mountain=Mountain

Desert=Desert

Polar=Polar

;{Dialog strings}

Title=UFO Incident

Info=Crash reported

Location=LOCATION

Type=TYPE

Terrain=TERRAIN

;Wreck Analysis

Zone Discovered=Intel found out that the %s UFO was raiding %s

Mission Discovered=Inspection showed that the %s UFO was on an %s mission

Both Discovered=Ship investigation revealed that the %s UFO was on an %s mission in %s

;Craft Ready

Title=Aircraft ready

Info=A craft has been refitted

Equipment is disappearing!

Rocket launchers, pistols, rifles, auto cannons, all sorts of weapons disappear from mission to mission. I have to buy anew again.

Possibly equipment - weapons - from wounded soldiers is taken and thrown away. Please fix this.

Tested De-equip Crafts=0 or 1, Save Equipment=0 or 1 90% of my weapons are lost although soldiers lived.

Equipment from stunned aliens are properly kept and sellable.

Also in one instance I accidentally took off from site and the interceptors got the fleeing UFO (previously on ground) and the game gave me an Exception Error crash with a 0x00something hex code.

Found the problem and just posted 1.31.1. To upgrade from 1.31 just extract the file, patcher.dll. Sorry about that and thanks for the feedback!

BTW: Mercy, the line for the general stores capacity is wrong - its not an on/off switch like most of the entries. The value is the amount of space you want each store to have [with anything less than the default 50 being ignored.]

Update: Latest downloaded Version 1.31.1 worked. I could assign engineers to laser pistol production, clicking on OK, no longer crashed the game.

I'm continuing testing these awesome new features!!

((I got an XCOM crashed at 0x8 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0xC0000005

setting Laser Pistol manufacture with 10 engineers and clicking on OK.))

Inside scout shooting incendiary ammo from AutoGun at Sectoid: also when pressing End TURN

XCOM crashed at 0x4 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0xC0000004

Could reload save, repeat action and continue.

When you get the error when ending the turn, is their a lot of fire on the map? How often does this error occur?

Do you run with either clock mod on? I noticed that it was off in your INI.

Win 7:

Slow Geoscape Clock=0

Battlescape Delay=10

WinXPSP3:

Slow Geoscape Clock=0

Battlescape Delay=16 had to take it up, because the animations were too fast. But if I take it to 22, where animations look nicest, the fire speed 6 slows down to a "crawl", whereas I would want good slow/fluid anim speed and high fire speeds with the bullets traveling still visible & rapid/exciting.

I think high fire speeds increase the action quality of the game. Not so that the bullet almost instantly hits the target and only a splash can be seen, but nice fast firing speed, which was very good until implementation of Battlescape clock mod, but then of course the animations were too fast. So current is an okay compromise, albeit firing speeds in the current solution could be about 20% higher.

When you get the error when ending the turn, is their a lot of fire on the map? How often does this error occur?

Yes, fire turns out to be a very nice strategic option in Superhuman, where aliens begin to act super smart and sneaky. I started firing / laying down a nice Carpet of Fire with Autoguns. grin.gif Overactive Sectoid Barbecue.

Couldn't get into the UFO "flight deck", because Sectoid Rambos were jumping out of the door and disintegrating my soldiers.. then jumping back in. to my astonishment...ninja.gif So I lit the inside of the damn UFO up. Then came the errors.

Can you think of maxing out some Fire-tile handling/animation memory buffers so the EXE can handle lot of fire?

Is there an INI variable for Fire Handling Memory that I can max out? So the game uses 10 or 100 more megabytes of memory, but fires keep burning like in Hell?

I reviewed Smoke&Fire Propagate Fix and Funky fire fix. Too bad fire and smoke is such an [original?] issue in this great game.

Fire and smoke, if too much, should only slow the game down and not cause any more issues, making great tactics and awesome sights possible!

Have you tried the Slow Geoscape Clock mod? It slows down all the animations on the Geoscape.

I've been playing with most mods turned on and I'm in April and STILL fighting sectoids! I've only fought floaters once. I couldn't understand until I thought about how low my monthly scores have been. The new terror mission scoring really bites into the monthly total. I think the best score I've gotten to date on a terror mission is -650. I can't even count how many soldiers have died at this point.

Yes, this is best feature of UFO Extender: Its like rookie marines thrown into an UFO landing scene, they go in armed to the teeth:

- HUAA! We are the marines, Locked cocked and ready to rock!

Then begins the Predators 1 and Predators 2 movie script and the marines are torn to pieces. The frantic, hysterical butchering in Your creation really focuses the players all attention to little spots, of a farm, small UFO-s inside, small map sections becoming desperate Eye for Eye fights, humans losing mostly. And the Almighty Save Game's Godly Power is reduced!

Have you tried the Slow Geoscape Clock mod? It slows down all the animations on the Geoscape.

[..]

Slowed the Geoscape down so that it missed frames. =0 gives the best result on my dual core E8500.

Slowed the Geoscape down so that it missed frames. =0 gives the best result on my dual core E8500.

Hmm, in that case you might want to play with the FPS=. Start at about 70 and adjust it by a few points at a time. Lower means slower. It's what I used to use before I made the Clock mod. For me, around 30 and the windows start opening too slow.

Version 1.31.2 has been posted.

• Fixes a crash when a unit takes damage from fire when the Zombies Will Hatch mod is enabled.
  • Fixes a crash when setting a manufacturing job with the Alternate Research Tree mod enabled.
  • With the EU2012 Item Rules mod, the chance for a weapon to remain after the alien is killed has been reduced.

Thanks to Mercy for providing the data that let me isolate the problem with the fire damage so quickly!