582 replies to this topic

#461 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:12 AM

I've hacked out the offending bit of code that causes the conflict to resolve the dual addresses being patched error

update: new version available

#462 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,451 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:10 PM

So... With Extender more or less finished, will you be moving on to modding more recent versions of XCOM?

#463 Sectiplave

Sectiplave

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:56 AM

View PostSpace Voyager, on 04 June 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

So... With Extender more or less finished, will you be moving on to modding more recent versions of XCOM?

TFTD counts as a more recent version of XCOM right? :D

#464 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:22 AM

I think OpenXcom or XCOM2 would be more recent version :P
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#465 DkMirage

DkMirage

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:55 AM

Hi Tycho,
finally back in action i have to report two issues (v1.33.1 at a new superhuman game).
* Stun anyone does not work (hit option displayed but nothing happens)
* Game crashes after alien use of small launcher and displayed message of soldier
having gone unconsious, e.g.
(crashed at site 0x10007BCB with error 0xC000000005 trying to access 0x01010006,
crashed at site 0x10007BCB with error 0xC000000005 trying to access 0x0100001A).

#466 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:31 AM

View PostDkMirage, on 14 October 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

Hi Tycho,
finally back in action i have to report two issues (v1.33.1 at a new superhuman game).
* Stun anyone does not work (hit option displayed but nothing happens)
* Game crashes after alien use of small launcher and displayed message of soldier
having gone unconsious, e.g.
(crashed at site 0x10007BCB with error 0xC000000005 trying to access 0x01010006,
crashed at site 0x10007BCB with error 0xC000000005 trying to access 0x0100001A).

You're playing at superhuman?  Good Luck! :)

Thanks for the information.  The errors are stemming from a check in the altered explosion routine to see if you fired a small rocket at a large unit.
I found the problem and think I fixed it but I need to do a few more tests.  

I changed the check for enabling the mod to stun anyone but forgot to change the line in the INI:  Change "Soldiers can Stun Anyone=" to "Stun Anyone=".

#467 DkMirage

DkMirage

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

Well, thx for the good wishes though some superhuman Posted Image soldiers would perhaps help even more...

By the way, i also like to express my gratitude for you not only working on the Extender but always giving such rewarding technical feedback. A feature i miss in many developer threads (yes, of course, we all have a live, too).

#468 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:01 AM

View PostDkMirage, on 17 October 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:

By the way, i also like to express my gratitude for you not only working on the Extender but always giving such rewarding technical feedback. A feature i miss in many developer threads (yes, of course, we all have a live, too).
I can imagine that on bigger games, with a lot of reports from many people, it would be hard to provide detailed feedback for each problem.

#469 DkMirage

DkMirage

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:12 PM

Rigth. Still a nice feature.

#470 ElfKaa

ElfKaa

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:04 PM

Hi Tycho,
I am back, still watching your project :)

I was testing the newest version a littlebit.. I still don´t believe it at all .) because I can not completely disable your patches or enable them one by one.. So I can not check which one causing problems to me and which one not... If there is the exact description which bytes is patched by each mod - I think maybe DkMirage meant this by mentioning "technical reports".. It would be possible then to check it better..
I will try to play it from the beginning to see if there is still some other bugs and random crashes or freaky behavior.. I know - I am using modified executable so you can not guarantee me anything, but - please check this:

If you have free hangar and click it to dismantle the facility I see some another text then Hangar - I have it in czech - my personal mod - you know - but I have text from the description of the Lightning or Avanger.
If I click the most top left square I have the Hangar text - that is okay and displays normal, if I click the most top right square I have Avanger description text, the bottom two sqares I have Lightning descriiption instead..
It may also do the same for the original version.. So please check it.. The older version of patcher works for me well, it does just the newest 1.33 and 1.33.1. So it seems the problem is in the patcher.

But I am glad you fixed all the screens - it seems now okay to me on first look..

#471 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:01 AM

View PostElfKaa, on 07 November 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

Hi Tycho,
I am back, still watching your project Posted Image

If you have free hangar and click it to dismantle the facility I see some another text then Hangar - I have it in czech - my personal mod - you know - but I have text from the description of the Lightning or Avanger.
If I click the most top left square I have the Hangar text - that is okay and displays normal, if I click the most top right square I have Avanger description text, the bottom two sqares I have Lightning descriiption instead..
It may also do the same for the original version.. So please check it.. The older version of patcher works for me well, it does just the newest 1.33 and 1.33.1. So it seems the problem is in the patcher.

But I am glad you fixed all the screens - it seems now okay to me on first look..

Thanks for the info Elfka!  I had to modify the script which generates the message when you want to dismantle a base facility.  I forgot to limit the ID number for all parts of a hanger to only 16 when getting the text for a module's name.  It's done and will be out in my next release.

#472 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:17 AM

Here is the next release.  I've tried to test it as much as possible but it is still a beta.  Please report any errors with the situation where the error occurred and the error message.  A saved game where the error happens in a reliable manner is extremely helpful.

In this version:
  • Corrected many reported errors.
  • Melee terror units less "indecisive" when closing to attack with Enhanced AI enabled.
  • Alt Craft Research: The technology tree for X-COM craft is changed to allow earlier access to some craft as well as a better pace to new craft availability.   Changed in-game UFOpaedia pictures for the Firestorm and Lightning and game icons for the Firestorm to reflect new concepts.  New files for pictures and icons  are included, with no need to alter files: just add the new ones to the GEOSCAPE folder.
  • Starting at Veteran difficulty:
    • Original capacities for Living Quarter and Laboratory modules are used.
    • Combined Research mod allows the research time among scientists working on the same topic at different bases to be pooled.
  • AutoEnd Turn mod will end a battle once the last alien has been stunned or killed.
  • AutoSave mod will save the game at the start of each day.  This option uses slot 10 and will save over any game without notice.
  • Limit Beserk Shots mod will prevent units that are berserk from getting extra Time Units under certain circumstances.
  • The Anti-Aircraft potion of base defense, at higher difficulties, has been adjusted so that modules are only damage and not destroyed by any UFO return fire.
  • Unknown alien artifacts and unnecessary items will not be created in a base defense mission.
  • Players can "transfer" soldiers and items to "storage" to manage who and what is available for a base defense mission.
  • It is easier to manage aliens in containment than in previous versions.
  • Starting at  Experienced difficulty: A country's financial bonus for good performance has been increased, but the reduction for poor performance remains the same.
  • The expiration timer on UFO and terror sites has been restored to the original game mechanics. However:
    • Terror sites do not end if the player aborts the mission.
    • No score for aborting the mission.
    • Score for saved civilians is higher and no penalty for deaths.
    • Scoring is different at higher difficulties:
      • Terror sites generate an hourly penalty.
  • Disabled a lot of unnecessary code that handled memory changes when switching between the original strategic and tactical sections to increase program stability.
[2016/01/03] Beta1 notes:
The first release zip file was missing "bass.dll", which would prevent enhanced sounds and mp3 music from working with a fresh installation, and the alternate TAB, PCK, and SPK files for the crafts.

[2016/01/16]Beta2 notes:
  • Resolved some issues related to the prep stage of a base defense mission:
    • Disabled some buttons that will cause problems (and those actions wouldn't be available during the middle of an alien attack anyway.)
    • Fixed the issue that choosing another base from the icons at the top of the screen would exit the base editor by accident.
    • The transfer screen will allow the player to choose what items will be available in the following soldier equip phase:  Any unwanted items can be "transferred" to elsewhere in the base. This does not work for soldiers.
  • Fix: The flag that indicates which aliens were selected for transfer is reset if CANCEL is chosen.
  • Fix: Aliens will be less likely to use grenades on civilians if the Enhanced AI mod is enabled.
[2016/02/07]Beta3 notes:
  • TFTD Doors and the DoubleClick mods can be enabled separately.
  • Fixed the Roswell mod so it works correctly and has minimal impact on Geoscape performance.
  • The pre-battle inventory sceen will show the soldier's time units.
  • Added missing stuff to the INI_readme file.
  • Players can now manage which soldiers are available for a base defense mission by "transferring" them.
  • Base Defense will only spawn items that can be used or are useful in the mission: Unknown alien artifacts and items, like flares, will be skipped when items are created for the battle.
  • The transfer screen in the base defense scenario will only display soldiers and items that can be used.  All usable alien weapons start marked for transfer.
  • Aliens in containment can be managed through the menu that is accessed by clicking on a containment module and choosing the 'view' button.
[2016/02/29]Beta4 notes:
  • Added a line to the containment management screen that will show the income for aliens removed.
  • Removed code that prevented live aliens of a particular race and/or rank from being captured after research on them was completed.
  • Large alien units on hills or raised locations (like the Skyranger ramp) will maintain the proper height after they finish moving.
  • Some reported problems resolved.
  • Hyperwave info should now be added to an already detected UFO, once it reaches the range of a Decoder.  The information will be available for as long as the UFO is detected, even if it does not stay in range of a decoder.
  • Hyperwave Decoders detect UFOs only at Easy difficulty. Starting at Experienced diffculty, radars are necessary.
  • Removing the last radar from a base will stop the base from detecting craft.
[2016/02/29]Difficulty settings:
  • The document has been updated.

Attached Files

#473 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:28 AM

I updated the beta file today.  I missed including an important file in the first release and the image files for use with the new craft research.

#474 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:06 PM

New beta file available.  Hopefully this is the last one unless errors are reported.

#475 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:36 PM

With more experimentation, I've figured out how the transfer dialog creates its list of items.  I've been able to modify it so that only those items I want can be displayed during the defense preparations of a base defense mission.  I have also been able to allow soldiers to be "transferred" so that they would not be available.  My question to everyone, is that really necessary?  Or would anyone care?

#476 Kir'jaeden

Kir'jaeden

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:01 PM

View PostTycho, on 22 January 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

With more experimentation, I've figured out how the transfer dialog creates its list of items.  I've been able to modify it so that only those items I want can be displayed during the defense preparations of a base defense mission.  I have also been able to allow soldiers to be "transferred" so that they would not be available.  My question to everyone, is that really necessary?  Or would anyone care?

I believe the base defence commander has 2 options:
1) Sack the base due to overwhelming alien forces. Then there is no need for special choose in  items listed in transfer dialog.
2) Take a fight.  In this case the option of assigning the list of items and soldiers for base defence, like an assigninig for craft, could be suitable. For example, base defence needs no flares. Now the procedure whick picks  items for 80-limited object list works strangely. Same to soldier list. Fixed list of soldiers and equipment for base defence would solve the abnormalities.

#477 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:15 AM

View PostKir, on 23 January 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

I believe the base defence commander has 2 options:
1) Sack the base due to overwhelming alien forces. Then there is no need for special choose in  items listed in transfer dialog.
2) Take a fight.  In this case the option of assigning the list of items and soldiers for base defence, like an assigninig for craft, could be suitable. For example, base defence needs no flares. Now the procedure whick picks  items for 80-limited object list works strangely. Same to soldier list. Fixed list of soldiers and equipment for base defence would solve the abnormalities.

I'm made it so that all unusable items in a base defense mission will not be listed (like flares and unknown alien artifacts).  I've also fixed the code in the spawn item section to ensure that unknown artifacts will be skipped.  I've included code in the base defense transfer area to automatically make all alien items be ready for transfer.  The player would only have to scroll back the items he would wish to keep.

#478 DkMirage

DkMirage

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:58 PM

Hi Tycho,
sorry but i decided to throw all feedback on v1.34.beta2 in one long post:

* your question on base defense prep.: it's cool as already implemeted in v1.34.beta2! If you want, you can hand-pick soldiers and items, if not, you leave the transfer list untouched and get the usual surprise. More comfort like excluding all useless items right from the start is, of course, always welcomed. Perhaps a note on the 80item and soldier number limit in the readme would be helpful for newbie commanders. Was that the question, or did i miss some sort of problem with the transfer list? Are all items and soldiers in base are listed?

* bugs:
i) TFTD doors not working
ii) Roswell mod not working (or occurance rate so low it never happens)
iii) Intercept menu list mod: No entry in readme - What the heck is this?
iv) Abort terror mission (possible bug): Despite difficulty description file implies, you get at all difficulty levels no scoring, i.e. 0 points when aborting a terror mission. pro: I'm not charged 3fold when things went bad. contra: it just doesn't feel right. As i understand you deleted this by the Terror Site Abort Exploit Fix? Does actually anyone exploit terror missions this way? Is it possible to deactivate single fixes? (I tried Terror Site Abort Exploit Fix=0).
v) So far no application failures :-)

*notes/discussion:
a) 'Explosions will occur in semi three dimensional blast in open places' (from the Extender Difficulty Settings): Is the impact so high you include this only at veteran+ level?
b) The auto-save function can be 'exploited' for resuming games lost. But please leave at it is, this is of great help for quick playtesting and an elegant way to allow people to go on if they want.
c) The hacks can no longer be activated?

*final wishes:
1) There was a time when the hot grenade mod caused grenades to explode instantly in turn. Please re-enable as a mod option!  
2) Display of time units in soldier equipment screen.
[3) Rescue Civilians: In case you decide to activate scoring for terror mission abort: Now that one can stun civilians (thx), it would be fun if civilians can actually be rescued by stun and abduct onboard, then abort mission.]
[4) Optional minimum cap for soldier abilities on hiring]

#479 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:30 PM

View PostDkMirage, on 30 January 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

* your question on base defense prep.: it's cool as already implemeted in v1.34.beta2! If you want, you can hand-pick soldiers and items, if not, you leave the transfer list untouched and get the usual surprise. More comfort like excluding all useless items right from the start is, of course, always welcomed. Perhaps a note on the 80item and soldier number limit in the readme would be helpful for newbie commanders. Was that the question, or did i miss some sort of problem with the transfer list? Are all items and soldiers in base are listed?
I've made some further improvements in item selection for base defense:  Unknown Alien weapons and flares will be skipped when the game makes the items list .  The "transfer" list will only display those item that would be available in the battle.  I automatically set all usable alien items to be transferred so that a player only has to click to keep those items he wants.  Nothing will get transferred if CANCEL is selected and it doesn't affect the item selection process if the TRANFER menu is never used.

* bugs:
i) TFTD doors not working
ii) Roswell mod not working (or occurance rate so low it never happens)
iii) Intercept menu list mod: No entry in readme - What the heck is this?
iv) Abort terror mission (possible bug): Despite difficulty description file implies, you get at all difficulty levels no scoring, i.e. 0 points when aborting a terror mission. pro: I'm not charged 3fold when things went bad. contra: it just doesn't feel right. As i understand you deleted this by the Terror Site Abort Exploit Fix? Does actually anyone exploit terror missions this way? Is it possible to deactivate single fixes? (I tried Terror Site Abort Exploit Fix=0).
v) So far no application failures :-)
1. Strange.  It does work for me and I just verified this again.  What OS are you running?
edit: Under beta1 and 2, TFTD doors is active only while the DoubleClick mod is active.
2. I changed the way the game selects the number need to cause a crash but its hard to know what is a good chance without more feedback!
edit: the hook for the Roswell mod was being skipped due to the changes I made in the Geoscape Clock mod.  
3. It changes the way craft are displayed on the intercept menu:  Now they are categorized by base and alphabet (=1) or base and craft strength (=2).  I'll make sure to put something in the readme.
4. I'll check my code about the difficulty setting.  Since every new attack on the same site would generate a new list of aliens, this is the only way to prevent the scoring system from being exploited and be fair:  If the player aborts and sends another team to the site, a whole new list of aliens and items will be generated for an entirely new battle.  As you said if things go south, the only penalty to the player is the potential loss of items and soldiers.  The site doesn't go away with an abort, so if it expires the alien get 1000 points.  

The auto-save function can be 'exploited' for resuming games lost. But please leave at it is, this is of great help for quick playtesting and an elegant way to allow people to go on if they want.
Could you explain more about how the auto-save can be exploited for resuming lost games?  I imagine you mean that you do something to force the game to load the last battle which will be from the start.

*final wishes:
1) There was a time when the hot grenade mod caused grenades to explode instantly in turn. Please re-enable as a mod option!  
2) Display of time units in soldier equipment screen.
[3) Rescue Civilians: In case you decide to activate scoring for terror mission abort: Now that one can stun civilians (thx), it would be fun if civilians can actually be rescued by stun and abduct onboard, then abort mission.]
[4) Optional minimum cap for soldier abilities on hiring]
1. Another instance where I haven't updated the readme:  =1 will make grenades be unable to be picked up after thrown, changes the timer and TU usage,  =2 same features as 1 but makes grenades explode when thrown.
2. I can see about this.  It shouldn't be too much of a change to the original code to implement.
3&4. I'll look into it.

Thanks for all your feedback.  I always appreciate it.

#480 DkMirage

DkMirage

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:15 PM

OS is win7, ufo exe from gold edition 17. ‎September ‎1999;
* TFTD Doors: Add info: Working on same install and OS with Extender v1.33 but not v1.34beta2.
* Roswell: I let the game several times run for several months without doing anything and it just occured not a single time. Therefore, i assume it either not working at all or current chance way too low to ever happen (both v1.34beta2 and v.1.33).
* hot grenades: All right, setting=2 works.
* Autosave & lost games: If final game over (alien win) drops in at end of month, e.g. due to bad scoring, you can load the current autosave and resume game from 1st of next month as if game over didn't happen. As said, i actually consider this a good thing.
* Terror missions: Well, ok, just not my style to exploit terror missions...i like more to knock out civilians and retreat with 'em, if needed.  Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users