UFO Extender

Tycho

Hi Tyco, I got a crash when exiting the soldier gear equip screen to go into battlescape. Crashed at 0xC000000 trying to access 0x001901E4.

I noticed just prior to this one soldier was missing a rifle, and when I plced the cannon into his hand it vanished but it's weight still appeared in the soldiers carry weight.

Let me know if you need any more information! I'm using the latest version

Thanks for the feedback! Does this happen often? The error information doesn't tell me anything useful just that a register tried to jump to an invalid memory address. If it can be reproduced, I can eventually track it down. It's almost impossible to know why the program crashed with an single isolated incident, especially if the error message doesn't provide usable data.

I found that the 'plasma beam' doesn't get any refill at the base(s). It always has ammo 0, max 0 data!

And as you wrote in the 'UFOExtender.ini' file:

„[Enhanced Game]

For 1.32 many mods have been combined under one section. The following mods are active when apply=1”

But the 'True Cautious Mode' does not turn on!

I found that the 'plasma beam' doesn't get any refill at the base(s). It always has ammo 0, max 0 data!

And as you wrote in the 'UFOExtender.ini' file:

„[Enhanced Game]

For 1.32 many mods have been combined under one section. The following mods are active when apply=1”

But the 'True Cautious Mode' does not turn on!

Thanks for supporting the Extender!

The problem with the plasma beam weapon is that I put in code so that beam weapons reload by the amount in the weapon's database (as all other craft weapons do.) In the original, beam weapons did not check their "max ammo" or "base reload rate" and were just given 100 rounds. However, the plasma beam has 0 for max ammo. I fixed this but only when you select veteran difficulty or higher, as part of the interception balance changes.

You could hex edit the data yourself (if you are comfortable with that) or I'll have a fix in the next update.

Can you explain more what you mean by "true cautious mode doesn't turn on"? What difficulty are you playing?

Thanks for your answer!

I play on Beginner difficulty! And this makes the errors! :O

I was not cautious, my bad, sorry about it! :(

At least I know it now! :)

I can hex edit in some sort of way.and that's way I was able to make extra money;

!!!BUT!!! in game the USA withdrew from the project and I wanted to put back it with modify the 'diplom.dat' and that's why I read the

https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=DIPLOM.DAT

page and

I CAN NOT FIND EVEN THE COUNTRIES and I CAN NOT edit for example RUSSIA '36 (0x0024)!!! :(

And I set the 'Difficulty Level of Interceptions' to 3 but the plasma beams do not fill.

It's the difficulty level you chose when you started a new game. The setting in "difficulty level of interceptions" only makes the chance to hit a UFO more difficult.

You need to edit the craft weapons data https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=GEOSCAPE.EXE#X-COM_craft_weapon_data to fix the problem with the plasma and laser cannon.

Thank you! :)

Do you mean it can be found it in the craft.dat?

And in my opinion this isn't fair disadvantage for the easy difficult level! :(

The beginner player fights for it researches it and manufactures it and after these the beginner player can't use it! THIS IS NOT FAIR! :(

Thank you! smile.png

Do you mean it can be found it in the craft.dat?

And in my opinion this isn't fair disadvantage for the easy difficult level! sad.png

The beginner player fights for it researches it and manufactures it and after these the beginner player can't use it! THIS IS NOT FAIR! sad.png

No. Not CRAFT.DAT but in the UFO Defense.exe. There are many internal databases there.

I didn't realize the craft weapon data was wrong until this error brought it to my attention.

Thank you! I made it! The plasma beams are filling up now! grin.gif

But I changed up to FF from 64. :D

I use Hexprobe software and in this no '0x6FB72' but '000006FB70'.

I do not use hex editors often and I don't know this software well.

Is there any way to turn on the 'true cautious mode' while I play on beginner difficulty?

I found a strange thing! When I bought for example avalanche missile and it reach the stock limits and after this I can buy anything up to 255!

And it will arrive! And after this I can buy anything up to 255! So, the stock limit disappears!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well, I just made terror mission a little more dreadful. I finally got the code to work that picks random terror units for terror missions. The possibility that any race might be accompanied by chryssalids makes you play in a constant state of paranoia, even if none are actually present in the battle. This is an option that I will include in a future update.

It is not good that the mods are combined to Apply=1 sad.png I need only TFTD Door mod to be enabled - the others I better like to be disabled. I thought that if I add the TFTD Door = 1 under the MOD section then the TFTD Door mod will be enabled, but now it is not possible sad.png

Please return back the option to enable this options one by one, then everyone can decide what he like to have enabled and what disabled.. It is not more clean now if you just remove this few lines.. And this is giving me the limitation to force use all the mods or none sad.png

The bug fixes doesn´t mind me that they are combined under "Critical" and the others.. Now I am using the Critical = 1 and it is more simple and better.. But for the MOD section it is not good to combine anything..

Also I would be glad to be able to turn on the Alien Pets mod - just for fun sometimes and now it is also removed and I don´t know why.. It may be moved under some "Fun and Testing" section or something similar "Hacks" (why not) as it was..

Lukas

I have some ideas for your perusal.

• Improved Laser Tank -> Improved Tanks: aside from what it already does, also decreases manufacturing price for Launcher Hovertank ammo to $6000/200 hours/2 Elerium apiece - still expensive but cheaper than standard Blaster Bombs to compensate for the reduced destructive power.
  • Essential Alloys: all items that require alloys to manufacture now require alloys to be researched before those items are available for manufacturing. Not that unbalancing, considering that most players go for the alloys very early on.
  • Alternate Plasma Research: if 1, all three alien plasma weapons need to be researched before the Plasma Cannon becomes available for research (since the scientists now have extensive knowledge on how the technology works). If 2, an alien engineer also needs to be interrogated (to figure out how the aliens apply the technology on this scale).
  • Self-sustaining X-COM: all terrestrial items except crafts (Interceptor and Skyranger) can be manufactured as well as bought, though manufacturing is more expensive. Aside from being able to procure Rocket Tank ammunition on a whim, its effect on game balance is practically nil.
  • Armor Upgrade: manufacturing a Power Suit requires a set of Personal Armor on top of the usual price/materials/worktime. Flying Suits similarly require Power Suits to build. This makes high-end armors much more expensive and time-consuming to make, as well as giving the player a way to recycle obsolete armors. Flying Suits in particular will cost $122,000, 14 alloys, 21 Elerium and 3,200 hours PER ARMOR. Makes the game much harder.
  • Item Recycling: items that require alloys/Elerium to produce sell for a lower price but refund two-thirds of their alloy/Elerium price when sold. This makes Elerium marginally more abundant, as the clip recovery fix means you probably have more than enough Heavy Plasma clips to recycle.
  • Pay Grades: the higher a soldier's rank, the higher his monthy salary.

Armor Upgrade: manufacturing a Power Suit requires a set of Personal Armor on top of the usual price/materials/worktime. Flying Suits similarly require Power Suits to build. This makes high-end armors much more expensive and time-consuming to make, as well as giving the player a way to recycle obsolete armors. Flying Suits in particular will cost $122,000, 14 alloys, 21 Elerium and 3,200 hours PER ARMOR. Makes the game much harder.

It seems to me as good idea - interesting to make the game adjustable by set all this things - cost, alloys, elerium and hours - adjustable by the setiings ini file..

Something like:

Flyingsuite_parms: C=122000 A=14 E=21 H=3200

What do you think?

The other adjustable things can be added by similar style..

I also have a crash report: crash at 42B71C with error C0000005 trying to access 00000034. Happened when a sectoid used psionics on one of my soldiers during turn 3 of a terror mission. Had a save game from turn 2 which I reloaded, sectoid used psionics again and the game didn't crash this time.

Also reporting that the phantom items bug is still present: five grenades and two smoke grenades are invisible from the inventory window but are displayed and usable from the battlescape interface if in a hand slot; unloading the invisible items from the Skyranger then putting them back in fixed the issue for now.

Game is still crashing at the beginning of base defense; the error is at 4A2835 every time. Looks like a null pointer exception (it's trying to access 00000000 and gets an access violation) but I could be wrong.

I also noticed one instance of a soldier getting caught on the fringe of an alien grenade explosion, the "*** is unconscious" message is displayed - but the corpse disappears and the soldier is reported as KIA at the end. Stunned Units KIA is on and there was no "*** got blasted" message, nor a death scream. More recently I had another stunned unit mysteriously disappearing, this time the cause of the stun was a Small Launcher and the soldier was uninjured before being stunned.

I also have a crash report: crash at 42B71C with error C0000005 trying to access 00000034. Happened when a sectoid used psionics on one of my soldiers during turn 3 of a terror mission. Had a save game from turn 2 which I reloaded, sectoid used psionics again and the game didn't crash this time.

Also reporting that the phantom items bug is still present: five grenades and two smoke grenades are invisible from the inventory window but are displayed and usable from the battlescape interface if in a hand slot; unloading the invisible items from the Skyranger then putting them back in fixed the issue for now.

Game is still crashing at the beginning of base defense; the error is at 4A2835 every time. Looks like a null pointer exception (it's trying to access 00000000 and gets an access violation) but I could be wrong.

I also noticed one instance of a soldier getting caught on the fringe of an alien grenade explosion, the "*** is unconscious" message is displayed - but the corpse disappears and the soldier is reported as KIA at the end. Stunned Units KIA is on and there was no "*** got blasted" message, nor a death scream. More recently I had another stunned unit mysteriously disappearing, this time the cause of the stun was a Small Launcher and the soldier was uninjured before being stunned.

Do you have saved games where these errors are occurring that you can PM me?

The "*** got blasted" message is something that I disabled a while back because the message popping up was annoying to me and the death scream was usually enough of an indication that the alien died.

It is strange that your the only one getting these errors unless, like elfkaa, most people are playing with only the critical bug fixes enabled.

Do you have saved games where these errors are occurring that you can PM me?

I have a save 1-2 days before my base gets attacked and I can't proceed with the game due to the crash. WIll that do?

The "*** got blasted" message is something that I disabled a while back because the message popping up was annoying to me and the death scream was usually enough of an indication that the alien died.

There's the catch: there was no death scream either.

It is strange that your the only one getting these errors unless, like elfkaa, most people are playing with only the critical bug fixes enabled.

All fixes are enabled. I just checked.

I have a save 1-2 days before my base gets attacked and I can't proceed with the game due to the crash. WIll that do?

There's the catch: there was no death scream either.

All fixes are enabled. I just checked.

I don't doubt that you have all fixes checked. I just wonder why no one else reports such errors. I would expect that everyone would have them, not only one person. Unless no one else if using all the fixes...

No death scream makes me wonder if a body is being dropped. Reaching the 80 item limit would explain some of what you reported. It happens more often in large battles with many large units since each section of their body is a separate object in the database.

that save will do. Do you have any where the disappearing items in inventory happens?