UFO Extender

Tycho

• No hold on Terror Site expiration timer due to inbound dropship.

This feature forces to skip about 50% of terror missions in the early game when you have only one well-developed base, beacuse a skyranger is unable to reach the destination point in time. This makes genius & superhuman difficulties unplayable

• No hold on Terror Site expiration timer due to inbound dropship.

This feature forces to skip about 50% of terror missions in the early game when you have only one well-developed base, beacuse a skyranger is unable to reach the destination point in time. This makes genius & superhuman difficulties unplayable

The problem here seems to be that the duration of terror sites is 4-10 hours (random(0-6)+4 hours). The minimum duration is too short. I'll see about switching the number around to get the minimum higher.

Just posted patch 1.32.6:

• Large units will die once and their death only counts one time for scoring and morale effects. Prior to this, certain large units killed would be killed by the initial attack and then the secondary parts of that unit would die again during the end of turn.
  • The timer on Terror sites has been adjusted to make it more possible that a transport from a nearby base can reach the site. The game difficulty affects the duration [Only really applies to Genius or Superhuman difficulties as sites will expire despite having a drop ship en route.]

Thanks for the feedback from everyone and your support for the Extender!

The timer on Terror sites has been adjusted to make it more possible that a transport from a nearby base can reach the site. The game difficulty affects the duration [Only really applies to Genius or Superhuman difficulties as sites will expire despite having a drop ship en route.]

Whasn´t it in the original game that if you were on the way to the terror site with you skyranger that the terror site could not disappear? I think the time should be stopped while any ship is right on way to the terror site so the random of the timer for terror site disappear should be counted only while no action on the terror site.

Whasn´t it in the original game that if you were on the way to the terror site with you skyranger that the terror site could not disappear? I think the time should be stopped while any ship is right on way to the terror site so the random of the timer for terror site disappear should be counted only while no action on the terror site.

And that created the "ship en route" exploit, where a player could use a drop ship to hold a terror site indefinitely. This change only applies to Genius and Superhuman difficulty and creates a new challenge since the player now has to consider building bases faster to provide a better response time to more areas of the planet.

Start terror mission

XCOM crashed at 0x7C928C0B with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0xE6E6E6E6

Funding Council Income Only=1

Trying to patch the same place twice (0x0043bf6d, 0x0043bf6d)

Alternate Research Tree=2 laser research

XCOM crashed at 0x444B6C with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x00000001

Start terror mission

XCOM crashed at 0x7C928C0B with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0xE6E6E6E6

Funding Council Income Only=1

Trying to patch the same place twice (0x0043bf6d, 0x0043bf6d)

Alternate Research Tree=2 laser research

XCOM crashed at 0x444B6C with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x00000001

What version of the Extender are you playing?

Does the first error happen often or just once in a while? The error indicates a problem that happened with the sound or video card driver. If it doesn't happen in a repeatable way, it is almost impossible to isolate the cause.

I'll look into the other two. Thanks for the feedback!

1.32.0 and 1.32.4+5,6, d3d=1 and 0, video cards Radeon RX300, Radeon 5770, repeatability always, difficulty level - arbitrary

New Bug:

Mission capture UFO, repeatability - rarely

XCOM crashed at 0x41C92D with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x017B3FFE

PS Game balance in 1.32.6 gorgeous, although some of the options openxcom and UFO TTS severely lacking.

And it is extremely necessary to disable the check points at the end of the month for Game Over, I want to play to win, or loss of all bases, to resist to the last drop of blood. 8)

1.32.0 and 1.32.4+5,6, d3d=1 and 0, video cards Radeon RX300, Radeon 5770, repeatability always, difficulty level - arbitrary

New Bug:

Mission capture UFO, repeatability - rarely

XCOM crashed at 0x41C92D with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x017B3FFE

Are you playing with OBDATA changes? The error is occurs at the point where the game is attempting to determine the type of object it is going to place on the battlefield.

Was unchanged, to 1.32 everything worked fine, now disable all edits of config, see what happens.

[OBDATA.DAT]

Apply=0

1 def base, 1 ufo, 1 terror

Not yet fallen, I will continue to test.

Mission sektoids not fall.

Crash yet only terror&UFO snakemans, at the weekend will test more.

• I've fixed the repeatable reported problems and made some changes that might fix some of the rarer issues.
  • Added code that makes stunned civilians counted at the end of battle and they will have a "corpse" object that can be picked up, thrown, or moved on the battlefield. There isn't a civilian corpse in the Big Objects file so I had to use the generic soldier.
  • Grenade Relay is now fixed without the need for the "Hot Grenade" mod: When a primed grenade is thrown, it can't be picked up again.
  • "Hot Grenades" will have two options:
    • =1 Only the High Explosive will have a timer when 'Prime Grenade' selected.
    • * The TU cost to prime a grenade is flat and not 50% of the soldier's base TUs.
    • =2 Grenades will explode after they are thrown (includes option 1 as well).

I'm still testing a little more before I release the next patch.

New patch (1.32.7) released:

In this version:

• Fixed "patch same place twice" error when "council only income" chosen.
  • Fixed crash on completed research when "Alternate Research Tree" = 2.
  • Some tweaks to old code to hopefully fix random errors.
  • Unconscious civilians are counted when a terror mission is over.
  • Unconscious civilians now have a body which can be moved on the battlefield. [There is no inventory object for a civilian so the basic soldier is used.]
  • Thrown primed grenades cannot be picked up.
  • "Hot grenades" mod now has two options:
    • =1: Only the High Explosive has a timer when priming. TU cost for priming a grenade is always 25 TUs.
    • =2: Grenades explode when thrown [in addition to option 1.]

[*]Minimum efficiency in "Range Based Accuracy" limited to no more than 30% due to feedback and playtesting.

[*]The first option for the "Slow Geoscape Clock" mod now provides smoother animations with no lag to globe rotation at the slower time scales.

Slow Geoscape Clock mod gives me an error Trying to patching same place twice (0x00440eeb, 0x00440f01),... Never mind if I will use my moddified executable or the original Gold version.. Always the same error. By disabling this mod the patcher is working well.

I am using the INI from 1.32.4 (originally included in the package)

Slow Geoscape Clock mod gives me an error Trying to patching same place twice (0x00440eeb, 0x00440f01),... Never mind if I will use my moddified executable or the original Gold version.. Always the same error. By disabling this mod the patcher is working well.

Does the error occur if the mod=1 or =2?

ahh. Found it! It's an issue with D3D.

Hotfix added to 1.32.7 for this issue.

Has anyone ever had an issue where the game seems to freeze on the battlescape, after clicking the spot where you want a unit to move? I'm not sure if this is a problem in the game or if it is an escalating problem with the video subsystem of my computer.

Hi Tycho,

it is now working also on my modified executable - quick test with the basic settings from 1.32 beta 4, but I haven´t noticed any crash yet..

Please, while you be releasing the final, please separate all the settings as it was before and add the hack options also..

If you will have time - or anyone else interested here - it may be good to make an application configuration tool. I imagine it like in the top it should have some presets tabs (or roll-down menu), then in the main window it can have every single options (divided by sections also) and on the right it may have radio buttons from which you could choose the option for each modification ..

Thanks

Lukas

Hey awesome mod btw!

I've just noticed a possible bug in my game when using the mod.

The plasma cannons on my aircraft will not load ammo after I install them. Ive sent my planes on missions and returned them to the hangar and also switched the plasma cannons out and back in again but they neevr load ammo and remain at 0.

Hey awesome mod btw!

I've just noticed a possible bug in my game when using the mod.

The plasma cannons on my aircraft will not load ammo after I install them. Ive sent my planes on missions and returned them to the hangar and also switched the plasma cannons out and back in again but they neevr load ammo and remain at 0.

Thanks for the feedback. I know the issue here. I changed the way base's rearm beam weapons. Originally, the code did not check the stats for the beam weapons, in regards to, their rearm rate or max ammo. These weapons were just given 100 rounds. I changed this and set the data accordingly with the changes that take affect at veteran difficulty and harder. The problem is when one plays at beginner and experienced difficulties: the weapons' stats are the original and are zero for max ammo. You can fix this by hex-editing the values or I'll have a patch in the next update.

Thanks for the feedback. I know the issue here. I changed the way base's rearm beam weapons. Originally, the code did not check the stats for the beam weapons, in regards to, their rearm rate or max ammo. These weapons were just given 100 rounds. I changed this and set the data accordingly with the changes that take affect at veteran difficulty and harder. The problem is when one plays at beginner and experienced difficulties: the weapons' stats are the original and are zero for max ammo. You can fix this by hex-editing the values or I'll have a patch in the next update.

Thanks for getting back to me. I am a game programmer though I have almost no experience with hex editing or oldskool low level stuff like that. If you happen to read this could you point me in the right direction? for instance what file and maybe what area of it to look in or what to search for?

Btw I think some of the simple UI improvements in your mod really give this game a new lease of life. imo ufo defense with the extender mod is a million times better than the new firaxis game.

The information you want is in the main executable. If you go to the ufopaedia.org website and choose the 1994 version, you'll see a link on the right for the game files. There you can choose the information on the GEOSCAPE.EXE. On its page is a breakdown of many section that have been disassembled over the years. One section is about craft weapons. The hex address will be listed there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tyco, I got a crash when exiting the soldier gear equip screen to go into battlescape. Crashed at 0xC000000 trying to access 0x001901E4.

I noticed just prior to this one soldier was missing a rifle, and when I plced the cannon into his hand it vanished but it's weight still appeared in the soldiers carry weight.

Let me know if you need any more information! I'm using the latest version