A deadly plague ravages your world. Your last hope: a legendary alien facility dug deep into the Feldspar Mountains...a massive Pit, built by the ancient Suul'ka.
If 'The Pit' really exists, there might be something left. Something that will give your doctors a fighting chance at the cure.
All you know for sure is that every expedition into those mountains has failed to return...
And nothing sows death like the Suul'ka.
Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a fun, fast, light-hearted turn-based RPG, where the tradition of Rogue and other old school dungeon-diving games meets the sci-fi Sword of the Stars universe, where the question to ask isn't "Did you make it to the end?" so much as "How far did you make it into The Pit before the monsters got you?"
• 3 Characters to choose from... Marine, Pilot and Engineer!
• 30 Levels of ancient evil science between you and the cure!
• Improve your character and increase your skills as you try and find a way to survive the depths.
• Dozens and dozens of enemies drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe!
• Over 50 weapons and armors with a variety of special effects including flamethrowers, rocket launchers, plasma cannons and powered Brawler armor!
• Randomized augmentation effects (for your equipment... and for you!) make each game unique.
• Crafting lets you make special items from bits and pieces of your enemies.
• Over 100 items to discover, ranging from the familiar to ancient exotic tech.
• Dozens of room types containing a host of exotic devices to help - or maybe hinder - your progress.
• Discover and decipher hidden messages, crafting recipes, and pieces of Sword of the Stars lore!
• Many fiendish ways to die including poisoning, disease, traps, radiation, starvation and of course... MONSTERS.
Will you go the distance or fall short of your true potential? The sooner you gather your resolve and set out the better, as The Pit can now be found at GamersGate and there's currently a launch discount of 10% off.
Special thanks to silencer_pl at our forums for digging this up.