Reticulan soldiers, Drones and You!

Weregoat

I've been trying to use drones and my reticulan friends yet I have run into a significant issue. It seems the game AI has a serious hard on for reticulans/drones. Enemy units will literally go around all my other team members or fire through my team to get at my poor drones and reticulan buddies. Now I've developed some tactics using these units as bait but it irritates me to do so and defeats the spirit of the game. So what I want to know is, is there a mod that fixes this obvious flaw in the game? I hope so because even though I could simply operate without using either of these units I want to use them just to see what I can get them to do. Thanks in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...
It seems like what might be happening here now that i've been playing on a bit is that that AI is gunning for the weakest unit or what it considers to be the weakest unit. I'm not 100 percent on this theory but as i've made some improvements it seems to have helped. The tendency is still to target drones and reticulans first for the most part so it's still annoying. At least you get armor upgrades for drones but the reticulan soldier armor is obviously sub par. Do you get more armor options for them later in the game?

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, in the vanilla game you can trade for a second level of armor beyond the 'pajamas' they come with. Both flavors are available, Reticulan Rebel pajamas and armor, and also the Reticulan Expedition pajamas and armor. Expedition suits are slightly better overall, but in the vanilla they don't transfer and Expedition armor is tricky to trade for (You can't just find them on the battle field unfortunately). So Rebels only wear Rebel suits and Expedition only wears Expedition suits. There is a mod that remedies this by adding in the appropriate suits to the 'subrace.txt' file for each race so they have all suits available.

Yeah, in mods I use myself (my own mods and other's) I tend to alter the Subrace.txt like that... and sometimes for other suits... try making reticulans wear human armor. It's fun :) Though for some reason the head seperates if they wear human female armor. Go fig.