#1 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hello.

I've been waiting to finally do some Sword of the Stars 2 AAR. I was constantly prevented by big buginnes of the game. Still the game ain't what it should be but it is now in a form that at least allows to play normally (except if a patch comes that screws the saves). My plan is to do a whole series of AAR for SotS2 with all the playable races. It may take very long since I will take brakes from it at some points, there might be more patches that change things and I am not guaranteeing a successful ending (most probably because of some game breaking bug or save destroying patch). The game is quite bit slower than the SotS prime, so there are sometimes those games where things come to a stall, because of bad CH spawning on planets. Sometimes you can get plenty of low CH planets, sometimes you are surrounded by planets witch CH 300+ or systems without planets. Not only this but in SotS2 we start on Cruiser class ships that are very expensive at the beginning in comparing to SotS Prime where a destroyer cost 10-20k in credits while cruisers cost 100-200k credits - see the difference? Plus there are other changes that you will notice during the gameplay.

Now onwards. The map for this AAR is custom generated by galaxy generator version 1.9. The game itself doesn't have a starmap generator like in prime so it was up to brave modders to the job.

Posted Image

The map is of clusters type with 5 clusters, 100 systems and 4 players. Why 4 players? Because of the performance. The waiting time at later stages becomes very long, so I am minimizing it. Maybe in a year Kerberos will improve it (and it was improved few times too).

If you didn't guess, I'll be playing as Morrigi Confederation. Though they are feathered dragons most of us call the birds - go figure Posted Image

Posted Image

My opponents will be Tarkasian Empire, Zuul/Suul'ka Horde and Hiver Imperium. Why no LOA? Well because I don't believe that AI is good enough to play it yet. Plus they are relatively new race and there still are a lot of bugs about them. Why no Liir? Well - other that I bloody hate them, they simply didn't rolled high enough dice to get in Posted Image Because the AI is still in the woodwork - sure it can play ok - I will give it a small advantage of starting credits at 1 million, 3 additional techs and make it HARD so it will get additional bonuses.

So let's press that start button and let the sadomizer raping begins.

Posted Image

Here is our home system and our homeworld and how it looks in the global galaxy view.

Posted Image

Although our main system has 4 planets, 2 of them aren't in our range of climat and the third has climate that is too expensive for us. But on the other system we have a starting point.

Posted Image

In this game we start with 4 fleets. 2 Survey fleets, 1 colonization fleet and 1 Construction fleet that can build stations. So let's make use of that colonization fleet.

Posted Image

Now let's use those Survey fleets and scout some systems. It's best to start with the systems that have the most planets in them. Only SolForce can't be picky about expansion.

Posted Image

Next thing let's look at our empire more closely. First we need more money - increasing the tax rate to 6 is all we can do to get more money out of our people and not get in trouble of rebellion. Also at start the security slider is way too high so it needs adjustment.

Posted Image

Next research. Morrigi have slight boost in research department 20 or 25%, so we should get things much faster. The only exception are Liir that have even more boost in research. Our first research I think should go for better growth and terraforming. I adjust the slider slightly so it should take 15 turns to do it. Could add more but Morrigi ships are quite expensive (if not the most) and some money in treasury are needed.

Posted Image

Each race has their own predefined starting ship designs. Any new design is a prototype - a ship that is more expensive to build and it takes bit longer. The only exception is retrofitting (changing the tier of the gun of same kind for example: green laser to uv laser). But because we are on turn 1 any new design is free of charge so we use it to make our own designs that will serve our mighty empire.

First comes the vanguard of our fleet - The Raven.

Posted Image

Our second design is The Crow. It will server as Survey class ship.

Posted Image

Third design is The Flying Nest. It will be a supply ship. (At the point of writing this AAR I've found a better name for supply ship so if I create at some point upgraded design I will switch to better name).

Posted Image

Next design - Light of Hope. Our colonization ship.

Posted Image

We can't forget about CnC ship - The Flock Leader. (As you can see my naming ain't that great so if you have better names you might just pass along (and please no corny names like 'Here fishyfishyfishy' Posted Image))

Posted Image

A 'Flock Boat' (Gravboat type Posted Image)

Posted Image

And I couldn't left the constructor type unchanged, so here is The Crane.

Posted Image

That's all what we need now in design department. So let's create some new ships. A second colonization fleet would be nice if we run into plenty of good planets.

Posted Image

There is nothing more to do except well maybe send that construction fleet to survey that planetless system. They'll get plenty of work later.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

COOL, many thanks for this!

#3 Thorondor

Thorondor

Thorondoropedia - Your source to everything Aftermath

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,163 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

You spoil us, oh Merciless One! :cool:

#4 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

We now have another colony in the Baltar system.

Posted Image

On the Majipoor system we found a pirate base. Pirate base is a new addition that came with End of Flesh add-on. It is a place where pirates call home and a very bad neighborhood for trade. I don't remember the details but system within 10-15 LY from this system will be constantly raided and not even police cutters will prevent from such attack, so before you start invest in trade - make sure that this is out of the way. But wait, there is more. The pirate base if very fortified, you can have a chance to fight with 15 or so enemy ships. Most of them have boarding pods so without good PD, your fleet will be lost. So let's mark this system as "DANGEROUS" and retreat from the battle ASAP.

Posted Image

One of the survey fleet has arrived and are sent to another system.

Posted Image

Our colonization fleet arrives and state that the colony can develop on it's own now. Fine by me, there are other places to go.

Posted Image

Since the ordered invoice for new ships is finished, let's create a new fleet. Good Shepard trait gives a small bonus to population increase when fleet makes a supply delivery (or establishes new colony). The other is Green Thumb which gives bonus to terraforming. There are of course the opposites that give negative impact, so you might check those colonization fleets when Admiral retires if you want to keep everything optimal.

Posted Image

So let's send those 2 colony fleets to Sera system. As you can see, there are two different mission times. Why? Because we are Morrigi. One of the fleets has 2 more ships and one of them is Gravboat which adds additional speed to the flock effect.

Posted Image

At Slyggia our Survery fleets encounters Protean Pods - or Gardeners if I remember correctly. Those things according to the lore prepare planets for their masters. The planets that are tended by those things have very high amount of Biosphere and all planets in that system have equal Hazard rating. If the hazard rating will be close to our own it will be gold mine. They aren't tough but a fair ammount of firepower is needed.

Posted Image

A closeup on the Protean.

Posted Image

As you can see they did fairly good amount of damage to me.

Posted Image

Our first colony on Sera is established.

Posted Image

Also more scouting.

Posted Image

It's time to change our scouting fleets with proper ships.

Posted Image

And the mission on Sera has come to an end.

Posted Image

But there is the second one.

Posted Image

The report of Shandor system. As you can see - plenty of Bioshpere and CH is identical in every planet. But unfortunately is too high for us right now. You are probably asking right now - what is Biosphere and why it is so important. This game adds something that is called psionics. When researching psionics a ship can carry a module with specially trained staff that can do many different things, like inspire own troops to fire better, faster, or make enemy fear you. Liir, Morrigi, Zuul (and of course Suul'ka) are potent PSI races, that means they have a high chance at various projects in psionics department. Using psionics drain PSI points that are accumulated throughout the game. The higher the total sum of biosphere from all planets the more psi points you can accumulate. Although I might mixed something up, so your best bet is to go to SotS2 wiki. LOA on the other hand despite everything biological and each planet they occupy loses biosphere, so it might be that if you are using plenty of Psionic skills invading LOA may not be that good in the first place.

Posted Image

Although empty systems are useless in the long run, with deep construction you can place naval yards and make those systems as some kind of fuel/transit stations. Pretty nifty although I've never tried this. Only Hivers and at some degree LOA may use empty system to it's  fullest.

Posted Image

Gotham is green and good to go. Let's find some Batmans there ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

At some point Kerberos gave more freedom in space exploration. Surveying fleet when having enough supplies can Survey another system in range without returning to base. Pretty cool, but sometimes I'll keep forgetting about it. There are other options that can be used with this. For example there is auto option that orders fleet to patrol surveyed area. Of course you can do it manually to (me thinks).

Posted Image

At Zoroaster we found Asteroid Monitor - or monitors to be precise.

Posted Image

Those things differ completely from SotS prime. They only may spawn on system with asteroid belts, there are more than 1 asteroid monitor (number depends on size of the belt) and there is a command centre that rules them all. In prime you only needed to encounter the monitor and then start the special project and pray that it will be done soon. Here you must find a monitor command and destroy the satellite relay dish (do not destroy the command centre). Then there will be special project to take control of those monitors (but that I might show later).

Posted Image

Mini monitor in the battle screen.

Posted Image

Those little buggers are easy to shoot but for your own good - better focus on that command centre satellite dish.

Posted Image

#5 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Sera 1 is Self-Sufficient now.

Posted Image

And we can afford the upgrade of second survey fleet.

Posted Image

Enviromental Tailoring delivered on time.

Posted Image

Now for Materials Application. Cheaper ships are good.

Posted Image

No good planets on the horizon, so let's focus on that planet in our home system.

Posted Image

Gotham although ready costs us plenty, so I'll continue resupplying it for a while.

Posted Image

Our next discovery will be Vela system.

Posted Image

Which is protected by another Asteroid Monitor.

Posted Image

This is the command centre. See the dish? Focus fire on it. And don't be a noob like me in this situation and don't destroy the command ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Research done in time.

Posted Image

Next orbital drydocks. Even more cheaper ships. Also retrofitting can occur only on systems with level 4 Naval Station. Your homeworld starts with one.

Posted Image

Zoon system discovered. Even though you see the appropriate CH don't be a noob like me and check the developement cost.

Posted Image

Vela system also not good.

Posted Image

Because I was a noob, I've sent a colony there.

Posted Image

We are running low on the big systems.

Posted Image

And of course HIM had to show up.... If I had a station there the planet would be safe. The Ghost Ship has strange kink on the stations. Unfortunately the planet was lost.

Posted Image

Oh well time for re-population.

Posted Image

And more scouting.

Posted Image

The Sphinx planet at least kept it's infrastructure so it's only a matter of few turns.

Posted Image

At this point I saw the mistake I did when the pie chart was covered in light blue.

Posted Image

Lucky for Panic Button.

Posted Image

Flinx has good planet.

Posted Image

Colonization fleets get some additional units.

Posted Image

Talos is the last of bigger systems that we can currently survey (the others are out of range for now).

Posted Image

As you see - not so lucky in the free worlds department.

Posted Image

Orbital Dry-docks are done.

Posted Image

It's time for some firepower improvement and of course that pirate base. X-Ray lasers are now a path to the laser point defense. In Prime X-Ray lasers were very rare and almost useless at the time they showed. Here they are still not so useful because of high power consumption.

Posted Image

Next stop, the Gamma system.

Posted Image

#6 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Yey, SOTS 2 AAR. :)

#7 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostVeki, on 18 February 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

Posted Image Posted Image Yey, SOTS 2 AAR. :)

Don't you have your own to finish ? :P

::

Anyway, since we will do some research in Energy Weapons, maybe we should build a science station that will help a bit.

Posted Image

On Talos station we found another Protean s.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The stations is built and to keep track what is what, we name the station after the field they will help.

Posted Image

Gamma system holds no secrets.

Posted Image

So we take advantage and full speed ahead.

Posted Image

Eh, the cost of development... I think I'll let private sector to do the job.

Posted Image

Yey, for this system.

Posted Image

Gamma 1 and 2 are ours now.

Posted Image
Posted Image

And Gamma 1 reports that they can handle themselves now although still we need to dump money there.

Posted Image

Ultara is no good for us.

Posted Image

Mu someday later.

Posted Image

Felix 3, you're next.

Posted Image

Gamma 2 reports in.

Posted Image

X-Rays are done. It's time to see those Laser PD's.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Flinx is ours.

Posted Image

And just for the sake of doing it.

Posted Image

In all the places... We are the verge of the galaxy yet they come as the please...

Posted Image

I would be really surprised if Morrigi couldn't get laser PD. Here in SotS2 there is no best PD system, though you could argue about it. Laser PD has the weakest damage, the fastest RoF and big range, low-medium accuracy. Gauss defense called Phalanx has everything at medium, Interceptor missiles have very long range, the longest reload, and take plenty of supply. The last of course Phaser PD, shortest range, the most damage, super accurate, but energy consumption is big - and you get this in Anti-Matter Era, providing you roll good luck with Phasors tree.

Posted Image

Freud surveyed.

Posted Image

We have more money now in our stockpile so we can afford those more expensive planets. It's back to Zoon.

Posted Image

And it went quite fast, but we will support it furhter.

Posted Image

Iszim is ready for colonization.

Posted Image

And Flinx colonized second time is also green.

Posted Image

Musca is bad place for now.

Posted Image

More colonies will make more money.

Posted Image

#8 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

silencer_pl said:

Don't you have your own to finish ? Posted Image
Yes I do. I haven't forgotten about it. Problem is to find time for that. :(
I have a lot of work to do as deadline is getting closer and closer.

I see that systems now have more than 1 planet. What is the max number of planets a system can have?
Can you colonize one planet and another player colonize other planes in a system?
What can you do with gas giants and asteroid belts?

#9 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostVeki, on 19 February 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

Yes I do. I haven't forgotten about it. Problem is to find time for that. Posted Image
I have a lot of work to do as deadline is getting closer and closer.

Same thing you said a year ago Posted Image But I am fooling around.

View PostVeki, on 19 February 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

I see that systems now have more than 1 planet. What is the max number of planets a system can have?
Can you colonize one planet and another player colonize other planes in a system?
What can you do with gas giants and asteroid belts?

6 I believe (maybe 8 but can't remember seeing that). As for the rest - in time.

Tiamat system discovered (isn't there a band of such a name?)

Posted Image

Furuud is full of lfe again.

Posted Image

Meh...

Posted Image

We return to Zoraster sector to take care of that asteroid monitor.

Posted Image

This time PROPERLY

Posted Image

In comparison to SotS Prime, here special projects are done bit differently.  You need to divert some money from overall research budget to special projects and/or salvage projects. The good side is you know exactly when the project will finish. The bad side is, that the main research may be delayed.

Posted Image

Right after we establish colony, someone throws rocks...

Posted Image

PD Lasers are finished, let's upgrade our biggest gun.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Unicorn ain't that magical...

Posted Image

It seems that we can proceed - would be surprised if 95% chance would fail... A side note - I don't know their algorithm but anything from 50-99% chance in feasibility guarantees a success. Anything below 40% is a failure.

Posted Image

Back to Iszim.

Posted Image

Phi...  ('Phi' in Polish is equivalent of English 'Hmpf' ;) )

Posted Image
Posted Image

Bronson Alpha... good thing not Charles eh ? ;)

Posted Image

To increase our scouting territory we need a naval station that can supply our fleets. Each planet can sustain up to 6 CE of ships. Naval Yards can increase that. With Level 5 Naval Yard you can pretty much bunker down.

Posted Image

Kanjar Ro.

Posted Image

Neutron beams are done, we can upgrade our ships now with new guns and PD defense. Next is the advanced sensor which will give us deep scan.

Posted Image
Posted Image

So let's see our next generation cruisers: Raven Mk2, Crow Mk2, Flock Dome (a drone cruiser), Wing Protector (Point Defence Cruiser)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Slavers struck again. This time this planet is well populated so they only manage to land only 1 Wraith Abductor.
In SotS2, Zuul have 2 slave ships: Wraith Abductor which is little ship and normal slave ship as was in SotS Prime.

Posted Image

Having done our prototypes, I've ordered rest of the ships to form the fleet that will attack that Pirate base.

Posted Image

More scouting done. Let's find some virgins ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Also Trantor. I wonder if it is named after that game (a cookie for the person who guesses what game I am talking about)

Posted Image

That done. Now to something that will boost our production.

Posted Image
Posted Image

And that Monitor should be at our disposal, though it is in the system with only asteroid belt.

Posted Image

Since we have that deep scan, let's update our CnC ship.

Posted Image

Plenty of Virgins for everyone.

Posted Image

And the anti-pirate fleet is assembled.

Posted Image

Expert systems are done. Now for heavy platforms that further will boost our production (also before Expert Systems, Heavy Platforms were supposed to take 17 turns so it saved me 5 turns). Also some races have some natural talents and for some techs they don't need feasibility. For example LOA which can have Expert Systems very fast and too boot they could go straight for AI and don't fear rebellion, but still AI would be long to get on the start even for them.

Posted Image  

We will take Ilona later.

Posted Image

Our fleet has arrived it's time to butcher those filthy pirates.

Well that didn't go quite well... so many pirate ships and that one PD cruiser did not help in stopping boarding pods. Clearly I was outnumbered in this fight greatly...

Posted Image

But I will not rest. Next fleet is being assembled.

Posted Image

#11 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

silencer_pl said:

Same thing you said a year ago Posted Image But I am fooling around.

Has a year already passed? Time flies soo fast. Posted Image

silencer_pl said:

As for the rest - in time.
Such a tease. Posted Image

silencer_pl said:

It seems that we can proceed - would be surprised if 95% chance would fail... A side note - I don't know their algorithm but anything from 50-99% chance in feasibility guarantees a success. Anything below 40% is a failure.

Posted Image
What happens when you fail at research? Can you restart? Or you can't research it at all? Can you salvage a tech that you failed to research?

silencer_pl said:

Now for heavy platforms that further will boost our production (also before Expert Systems, Heavy Platforms were supposed to take 17 turns so it saved me 5 turns). Also some races have some natural talents and for some techs they don't need feasibility. For example LOA which can have Expert Systems very fast and too boot they could go straight for AI and don't fear rebellion, but still AI would be long to get on the start even for them.
So because you researched Expert system time to research Heavy Platforms was lowered?

#12 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

1. Yes it does :P
2. Yes I know
3. If your feasibility is low and you will insist in doing so, after the research reaches 200% it goes as fail and vanishes for 1 turn from the tree (well it did few patches back then) and after that you can do feasibility again but wouldn't count on luck. Tried this once and never had a success ever.

And yes you can salvage the tech. That is the point of salvage right ? Salvaging is bypassing feasibility. After salvage research is done you can then research that tech.

4. Well Expert System boost IO, which increases income, which leads to more money to research department. You're getting the picture ?

#13 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

silencer_pl said:

4. Well Expert System boost IO, which increases income, which leads to more money to research department. You're getting the picture?
Yes, but from your comment before I got the impression that because you researching Expert System decreased time needed to research Heavy Platforms directly.

#14 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostVeki, on 20 February 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

Yes, but from your comment before I got the impression that because you researching Expert System decreased time needed to research Heavy Platforms directly.

A misinterpretation of a thought. It happens.

Alright we are 100 turns into the game. Let's see how we are doing.

Posted Image

We are earning 2 millions per turn. It's ok I guess, we don't have any powerful fleets. Just 2 scouting, 2 colonization and 1 construction. We've surveyed 2 clusters. It so happens that the one additional was in my back yard. Unfortunately  most of the planets are of high CH. But it so happens that we didn't see any AI yet so that means they aren't doing that much themselves.
So what can we do now to expand. We can't colonize those planets because they will eat our money. We either invest some research time for better bio techs and then build better colonization fleet, or invest some money in private sector. Though the first option is cheaper in the long run, we can't spare the time nor money for such things. We need more defensive fleets for planets that are sure to be near the borders of AI and after that Pirate Base will be gone we can spent money on trade. So we will spend some money to allow our citizens to form colonization parties and settle those planets.
This is a bit risky operation since, you can't say how much money you need to throw in order for said planet will be colonized. Plus you can't chose the planet and the planet will be independent so in order to get money out if it we will need to either conquer it or incorporate. The first option is simple the other requires some techs and diplomacy. So for now we will be spending 100k per turn for those civies to get to work.
Stimulus ain't the greatest option but it helps you solve some problems when you lack the means.

Here is the look of our galaxy.

Posted Image

We get the colony at Draco

Posted Image

Got attacked by slavers.

Posted Image

Surveyed Xanthu and Talok

Posted Image
Posted Image

Heavy Platforms are done. More IO is good. Now to even the odds in our fleet department. Combat algorithms will allow us to field 2 more Cruisers, which will make our fleet of total 11 ships (including CnC). Cruiser CnC generaters 54 command points with this it will be 66 points and cruiser takes 6 Command Points.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Crysta is out of our reach.

Posted Image

And it is time to face those pirates again.

Posted Image

Well that went quite unexpected. Guess they fled before our might fleet or I caught them flat footed. Oh well at least they are gone.

During the battle our new CnC ship performed less then desired. Yes in this game some designs may take some vices or virtues. At first you need to bring the first prototype to battle, later some prototyping techs will tell before combat and even leave only the positive effects.

Posted Image

Ymar, Prism, Majipoor, and Barret holds no secrets.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Barret will make a fine colony.

Posted Image

We have 2 new clusters to scout so I guess another scouting fleet is in order.

Posted Image

Aditi and Andor.

Posted Image
Posted Image

We can field more ships in fleets. Last part of weapons update then we can take care of other problems.

Posted Image
Posted Image

New colony established.

Posted Image

#15 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Out of all things that could go wrong, this must have happened. 90% chance of acquiring this tech and I've found myself in those 10% :/

Posted Image

It sucks because there is no other path to this and my only hope now is salvage. Ok let's try something else. This upgrade will give us more range. Morrigi are one of those races that bring plenty of supplies and this upgrade give less in comparison to for example Sol Force.

Posted Image
Posted Image

It's time for those economics.

Posted Image

And to crank up those defensive fleets.

Posted Image

Looks like have found the Zuul.

Posted Image

This is done, but we are far from establishing any trades yet.

Posted Image

Since we are sponsoring new colonies and will be encountering aliens, it's good to invest in good ol diplomacy. Though I am not the fan of peace and quiet, I must go through it to get the incorporation of independent colonies.

Posted Image

Well diplomacy ain't quite that ready yet in this game and Mecron did say that they will overhaul it eventually. When? I don't know - my guess is with second expansion. So it happens that Zuul are offering alliance... well in Prime that would be unthinkable. Because we are not war capable yet it doesn't hurt to accept it.

Posted Image

Oh and in the mean time our first private colony and they already want a trade treaty.

Posted Image

It's time to slowly prepare for trade - few of those fleets will be created to build civilian stations (and in some places diplomacy).

Posted Image

Kaprica is free and close to probably other AI, so a fast grab is required.

Posted Image

That is finished. Let's try some phasors. Phasors in general are better than fusion cannons.

Posted Image
Posted Image

They also want a system information. Well fine by me.

Posted Image

And by the way - that is how they span.

Posted Image

Well damn. I can't even have phasors? Grrr.... well there is a second route to them but can't waste time right now.

Posted Image

Looks like we need something certain.

Posted Image

Because our sensor range is quite small, the Swarm surprised me quite bit. Lucky at the first attack they didn't want to attack the planet, so a few turns later a debugging squad arrived.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Kaprica is ours.

Posted Image

And because something bad must sometimes happen... In Prime it did minor damage. They only stole 500 resources... now they can steal ALL the resources from planet if not defended properly (which this is the case). I don't know if it is intentional but planet without resources still can produce something so this planet ain't that royally screwed and it was at the very end of the back yard, but still it hurts.

Posted Image

Investigating the path of the swarm queen, I've found the potential infestation.

Posted Image

#16 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

View Postsilencer_pl, on 20 February 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

Tried this once and never had a success ever.

Not really a lot of tries, once... but I don't think it is possible, as much as I can remember reading at the forums. Also, no Swarm growing, and it looks sooo coooool!

#17 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostSpace Voyager, on 20 February 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Not really a lot of tries, once...

Once as once upon a time... not once as only one time after feasibility fail. In that case I did try 10-15 attempts.

(I've just tried to find other word but everything I tried to convert to slovenian was word 'enkrat'. God damn you languages)

#18 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

HE HE HE!!! Once is "enkrat", once upon a time is "neko─Ź". ;)

#19 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Yeah, but what I meant that I did it in the past... jeez... those languages.

#20 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Ok, hope there will be no language mix-ups or else I will be writing in Esperanto or Latin :P

Here we have found those rocks from Tunguska

Posted Image

And some Garnet rocks

Posted Image

We are pouring plenty of cash on stations and some science labs

Posted Image

Naltor

Posted Image

Fusion cannon complete

Posted Image

Now those heavy freighters. Why straight to heavy freighters? You'll find out soon enough.

Posted Image

So with the new guns we can make new ships:

-Peace Keeper will be our police unit that will scare off potential pirates.

Posted Image

Raven Mk3 and updated supply ship - The Holy Feeder :P

Posted Image
Posted Image

We have found another infested system.

Posted Image

Abd Zoon gets attacke by specters. These are fairly common now and only humans have the tech to be shielded against them. In Prime I was visited by specters 2 or 3 times. Here in every game there will be haunt of specters.

Posted Image

Heegarra nothing special.

Posted Image

They want money, well sorry I am investing my money to have more money.

Posted Image

Dorsai system. This is one of the weirdest game I had. Sooooo many high CH planets. Should have made larger galaxy.

Posted Image

Alliance you say... am I that superior? Or because I am Morrigi?

Posted Image

Braal is ours - need to make fast naval yard - this system is in proximity of zuul and who knows when they betray us.

Posted Image

Caladan is super nice, strange that hivers didn't took it. Well I need to hurry and grab it.

Posted Image

I don't know what happened with AI but they didn't take any extra systems.

Posted Image

Star Haven ain't that heavenly.

Another private colony.

Posted Image

Vazn. And so many empty ones as if System Killer was here but if it was I would have know probably.

Posted Image

Braal is all ours now.

Posted Image

Heavy freighters are done.

Posted Image

It's time to think about those new colonies. But that is not the ultimate tech.

Posted Image

And Psius system that we can also steal from Zuul

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SotS2, AAR, Morrigi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users