New S^3 Mod "All Uniforms" in development (feedback is welcome)

BlunterII

Depot missions is so stupid. Enemies that you can hit point blank with only 30% acc and all your shooting stats are maxed for current level. Those 2 Russians you need to protect die in first turn, because enemy throws grenades from half the map with laser precision, they also snap shot from half the map with laser precision. And if by any luck after 100th reload they survive 1st round they still stand in place like morons.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

first sorry for my bad eng.

second heres the list of minor bugs i found ver 2.4:

1. Sometimes enemys shoot at hidden units (only one shot at their turn)

2. Strange cth. Two enemys standing together on the closest cth like 35 on furthest 75? the only difference was that further one was soldier closest one was officer, also soldier with smg standing 4 steps from enemy cth 33?

4. At the beggining i didnt choose first mission just went hunting randoms when i get back to base i was in the commander office with sam and he destroyed the door... and there was no door just wall (when u pointed at it it the icon of door appear) same when i went back to lobby it was only wall no doors to commender office. All went back to normal after reentering the base

5. after mission for bank and letting danilov free there is no loot screen (all plot missions have same prob)

6. tkb 408 ammo is listed under misc tab

7. the game will hang if u press esc at begining of arrest mission (before any dialog)

8. ostmarks arent sell with other money at bank they have to sold package by package

9. bernau mission not exist.... only squere of grass :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I havent read all the 40 something pages of text, but skimming through the last through it seems that this thread is not just about the All Uniforms mod, but about BlunterMod too. I wasnt able to install 2.4 or Bluntermod, only 2.3 due to some sort of file instability when un-raring the 2.4 file. In the last few pages there is a lot more content that the 2.3 version. Is there a lot of difference in 2.3 or 2.4? If so, can somebody give me to a link to an un-rared or maybe a zipped version of the file? If not, did Blunter give any ETA for the release?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody,

Apologies for the long absence... been very busy (a whole bunch of personal changes, mostly positive).

I'm safe and sound...and kind of rusty...

Tsylie, my daughter, is on her summer vacation from college right now and she's been on my case to get back into modding Silent Storm. Well, here I am. smile.png

I haven't touched the editor in a while so it will take me a few days to get back on track. I'm not sure I am going to continue with the current experimental version of the mod; I was actually thinking about doing a new, unconnected to the Sentinels scenario, plot that covers a story of a person or a group of people over a span of a decade or two.

It could be a story of a Cheka operative climbing up the ranks of the Soviet State security apparatus all the way from its humble beginnings in 1917 through the 20s civil war operations, 30s NKVD activities, various limited WWII engagements + partisan encounters, SMERSH missions until its disbandment in 1946 and possibly ending with the Gehlen Org infiltration or counter-activities..

Each time period would be represented by its own chapter and corresponding REs if any. It would also make any "new" weapons introductions a bit more logical, whenever they became available.

Another potential candidate for a main character could be a Kriminalpolizei officer in pre-Nazi Germany going through a similar process...all the way from Hitler's rise to power in 1933 to becoming part of the RSHA in 1939, with some limited WWII engagements in the 40s, and to wrap it up with fleeing to South America through Italy, for instance.

I'd be interested in exploring British or American branches as well.

Some general ideas for short (2-3 scenario zones) plot lines within the scenario:

- Criminal investigations (anything from trespass and burglary to arson, robbery, kidnapping and murder)

- Organized crime (eliminate bandit camps, shut down illegal alcohol production sites, drug and gun trade route disruption, etc.)

- Political investigations (uncover conspiracies, find and neutralize enemy agents and saboteurs, discover compromising information on opposition leaders, etc,)

- Rebellion suppression (arrest agitators and communist or Nazi or capitalist sympathizers, put down prison riots, etc.)

- Doubles (look-alike agents used in subversive activities)... whether to overthrow a government, or something on a smaller scale, perhaps...

- industrial espionage/ technology theft (Rocketry and missile blueprints acquisition, assault rifle designs ["Hunt for the STG"], truth serum research papers, etc.)

- Art theft investigations, appropriation or repossession depending on the side we are working for.

- Sabotage (factories, railroads, fuel depots, water or gas lines...)

- Assassinations (political opponents, certain foreign leaders, key military figures, etc.)

All of these can be rolled into one scenario, 6-8 important missions per chapter, with 4 or 5 chapters in total.

Thoughts?

P.S.: Folks, I really appreciate your interest in my work. Thank you. yes.gif

P.P.S: BTW, all the mod resources are in pristine condition, nothing's been lost...

~ Blunter ~

My God he's back! FOLKS HE'S BACK!

*champagne bottles pop*

Glad to see You (virtually) again!

I think that a fresh start would be awesome. Don't get me wrong, Your mod truly is awesome, but I fear that it doesn't give You quite as much artistic freedom in terms of plot or equipment as a fresh start could.

As I understand it, the fans of this game are a community that is "close" enough that creating a storyline for a servant of a totalitarian regime shouldn't cause much uproar, if You know what I mean. In my opinion, both storylines offer a lot in terms of ethical degradation of the main character, but the KriPo-officer-line would allow for more variety if You should choose to place the plot in the period between 1917 and 1945. From fighting with the Poles in the ruins of the German Empire after their declaration of independence to the civil war-like situation in the twenties, a secret mission or two to Africa or Japan and then the great escape from Nazi Germany to Argentina. Maybe add a "trial-cutscene" at the end for good measure? :D

Of course, the Soviet-line would also be rather varied: from the cities in 1917 to Crimea and Vrangels defeat in the early 20s, with a healthy dose of rebellion suppression... Maybe a secret mission to Yugoslavia to prepare equipment for the partisans, some shootouts in Finland and Persia, maybe a stroll through Manchuria... Well, I guess both appear to be very promising! :D

Wishing You all the best, dear Blunter!

Thanks, dimovsky. It's nice to be back

The "artistic freedom" is certainly a factor. yes.gif

----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, brandeburg. It's been a long time.

I'm glad you are enjoying BlunterMod. thanks.gif

I'll check out the thread you mentioned.

----------------------------------------------------------

BTW, I've been in contact with Heruvim (the author of "S^3: Redesigned").

There is a strong possibility of some sort of cooperative effort there. I'll see if we can start discussing the particulars in this thread once the overall, general direction has been agreed upon.

I might need new weapon and object models ( I know I can reliably pull them from another active mod using their IDs; I already tested that, it works, as long as the other mod's database number is set to something other than the original or the ones I use)...I could also use some scripting help, creative brainstorming and other assistance from an experienced Silent Storm modder. So, that's that.

Now, about another mod idea. (Yes, I know, I've proposed a few already.)

I've had this plot in mind for a while. It involves a small group of scouts/saboteurs being para-dropped deep behind enemy lines to conduct a series of intelligence gathering acts and sabotage missions, followed by a daring escape on foot, by stolen vehicles, and via railroad...back to safety.

Who - when -where: German commando unit, end of 1942, east of Stalingrad.

Here is the rough draft of the operation:

- we get our orders at Tsatsinskaya airfield

Following an unexplained outbreak of tularemia in summer - fall of 1942 the German command authorizes activation of one of their sleeper agents in Soviet Union, or simply establishes contact with a willing collaborator, a biologist code-named "The Professor".

- board a decommissioned German bomber (full of explosives, stuffed with Izhevsk weapons factory plans and related documents, and containing two corpses dressed in German pilot uniforms) or a captured Soviet plane (filled with Soviet propaganda materials and containing two corpses dressed in Soviet uniforms)

- get para-dropped south-east of Kirov (1st Chapter).

- meet up with the pilot north west of Izhevsk (2nd Chapter). The pilot directs the plane to nose dive into the Izhevsk industrial area before ejecting.

- go north west back to Kirov and rendezvous with the biologist ("Professor") working at the secret facility west of Kirov.

- acquire/ retrieve a tularemia bacterial strain sample (in order to develop a vaccine or to weaponize it) and a sample of "ZMX" (a highly toxic substance with some strong psychotropic effects the Professor's been working on.)

- escape south west towards the front lines (through 5-6 chapter maps).

Having no base to rest, heal, reequip and regroup and being doggedly pursued by the enemy, with no hope for reinforcements, limited supplies, etc. would be an interesting and unique Silent Storm experience, wouldn't you agree?

If it is possible, we could introduce cold (would need to end each day in a warm indoor environment), hunger (would require regular or periodic consumption of food), fatigue (every 4-5 visits/ fights would call for a good night sleep). For all of these changes to work we'd probably need to implement time, similar to what Novik did in Hammer and Sickle (with light changes every so often, etc.)... hmm...

This could be a "prequel" to the Russian subplot I was working on previously.

That's all for now.

P.S.: I am currently checking out the University of Texas map collection online... a very useful site, especially for chapter maps...like these:

------------------------------------------------------------

Kirov Chapter

iDho4sc_nGvDhcDQdmsDBqaF4LsoGy68W8aZ6kDLduokK5ZVHrqPVoFSPmLJ2mmEigDZ5zZJSN_WuPYSCnWndsSAFAZCdbg_YuxqhlVMois27KBHd59uTVbhu-zivE47psLVERnhfNSNxaIy5u7JbESo-g__7sfnh_IWS2zmnkkyq863EsfJJmBNAdhUM3LQEtwm2W7W1sunQJamMHUpKmVKaY_ZXTRUfIIvZTSivVX5Jt8RBRU1-Biw4stI9n5wFz1DW23Oc3gWVh6Qk_c_mOVgscXKMXMCr9XzNhRq3A0-CWYU4ieOwYaWhRq6cfUw3AHe3DAwGtaTZDL1PbL43ja9L83Fma4ZF43Te2sZMkW_J4jh8SA07DBvKFPAxZZweyR4KSuun8mc2uT93s-8inEj9Xwz2lpV6UGUiK5hEL6IQzQjvSGNq55sQ96bj3cP0bhTJMINMIg1_BezJ8LH85Uwmkpet5x2ZWJtKwHhSvW5HALIgOsAbVg2kJKWFsYqH6gvasHPDRqM6mI7nBjFIlKoXnm7Tt0XtuNhjJo3RHG-whEAKfz5n6TjVTIGWXJRZ96CgGenMagTnePqT3J5A_auOn9JnXtWW41rJxju_aJOU-XYKoEWQ7uV3OlJrRgceaqHvInrzFnZHmTGmTXm-Py1Yw4SvMxReg4fJ76GPQ=w1024-h768-no-tmp.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Izhevsk Chapter

naLeSLymBZcQw98aSy3UK0YphUEk3szbR3ACEGeVcGk8JYPOyy_LBXmfOAIix1zxjddmQ9She6_xeIp7XWciU5_OCVA5iuXHygmTgtVjv3D53F6FrFtMi-V1d6VcHY7QBKo-Ek5CqxCADecOvF_ZBzk4sx3zgpCiCR81dveFL4d6HQ8HxUMQG50cGTAF77NMuURItiT5H5mOPf1vW5Z5uaZBnH76L9y0L18GU_bf5MQNunp2Y7N-4UJhrDgO9CmQIKqF9_tC5BYBu_32gkb-sekOIY83p-SmbEjGv_A30AhG6irNPVHlf_jiGahPRGgSO9S1uPZg3UxUZyfuj9KSLwF4jqmomQjmlCUIJm9RfPXr095WIV0x3a-Y2MuLj6CtJDGcYb1_-LaTKe97w_orUQP6X0Zsun6OVz9jNSrC3G5UcWsF4B7dh_6ZgHKeDk2RTvCn5QWMNGyQOP5hRC15QueU9HiFq8ZTa96ENfOrpnd4V_139a4jsjefyENNLDvn334sV0igCdi_YEEL7h40sDDYITp63_aQTUmLS7igCYLx8imi3hSfBSH6FnXPNumOU1CYBI6rQo9_MVEmS0ww69JJGS5zQMF4hXeGrLq3OL41i03zN9ISv8bTA5wAR-ddvt4cBdkVFKb8LZ6Ra3S6_-TNAmmS9XXMI2JnqMkzjA=w1024-h768-no-tmp.jpg

P.P.S.: Weird... I'm trying to post an image (the way I've always done it here on this site) from one of my google albums. I can see the actual picture in the edit window but when attempting to post I get an error "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community". It won't let me post those.

The images are in my usual PNG format, I tried 1024 x 768 and 800 x 800, nothing worked so far. no2.gif

Did something change while I was away? Could someone help me or at least point me in the right direction, please.

Never mind, I figured it out. Just added -tmp.jpg to the copy image address string.

_________

~ Blunter ~

Well, I will use this thread.

I Dive myself into the game system years ago, and did not understand all mechanics.

I hate ''evasion'' habilities which allow an ennemy to be immune to grenades or close range Smg :I try to find how to cancelled it, but unable.

Same with wounds that increase your hit points!!! ...Worse is your tactical actions, better are the team members?

I tried to foind how to disable it, but could not!

I really like this game playing it since it beginning, but some mechanics are just weird.

About sniping I Tried with same weapons no familiarity, same problems I will post screen.

Your game is just excellent ! I have fun again.

I will tried to find back the perks tree I did years ago as I tried to do my own mod, and post it. (mod with Smersh, SOE, and SD foreign missions teams...too ambitious to succed).

Thanks, brandeburg.

I believe the evasion attribute is dependent on the IC value in any given character class. Grenadiers, Soldiers and Scouts get a 50 in it where as Snipers, Engineers and Medics score somewhere around 30-35. Since in the original game we could only reach 13-14 XP levels (without excessive RE grinding) it might not have been such an issue...but with BlunterMod, where one could easily reach 20-25+ lvl, , particularly in conjunction with 'better evasion' and 'survival' perks, evasion could make some characters nearly invincible, breaking the flow and the balance of the game.

Bringing those IC values down might remedy that situation... It'll require some testing though.

So, aside from changing the IC value to 0 (which could very well cause some unexpected results, or perks malfunctioning), I don't think one can completely cancel its effects...only reduce them.

Not sure about the wound - max VP mechanism. It could be somewhere in the Constants table accessible via the database.

I'm interested in taking a look at the perk trees you created.

What were your Smerch and SD campaigns about? I'm curious. ;)

(I remember we corresponded for a while and if I recall correctly you had some pretty robust research and weapon models done.)

~ Blunter ~

Yes sir, I reach Level 32 many times with your mod.

I was far away from playing during the last 10 years (bad accident which let me aftereffects, and lost of memory), so I am not so good as I used to be with computer.

My Mayaexpert a close friend, died 5 year ago now from smoking , and his wife put his computers to trash, with most of our work, and the mod we created..

Anyway, I still have some papers and computer works I will be happy to give to interested people.

GUGB /Smersh missions where based on missions that their agents executed from 1939 to 1945, from poland to Caucasus even in spain, and france where they kill trostkyst resistance leader! assassinations, creation of spy ring, gathering info... GUGB (Главное управление государственной безопасности, ГУГБ) Department 4 (OO)- [special] —(counter-intelligence in the military) from July 1934 to April 1943. from April 1943, the Special Sections (or. OO) transferred to the Narkomat of Defence and Narkomat of the Navy, becoming SMERSH from Smert' Shpionam (СМЕРть Шпионам).

SD missions are from the AMT VI external affairs, included all referat VI (A to g) within all europe, Caucasus, north Afrika with different option to be spy or commando with Skorzeny (assassination, sabotage, meeting with local agents...). Found a lot of document at NARA and British commonwealth archives, even special weapons they found on SD agents as explosive chocolate tablet.!!! fun to create believe me.

I was working too on an other idea (when i began to nod H&S) with AHNENHERBE missions of anthropology, archeology (in fact SD work under the cover of research) and their special researches groups (atom bomb, Bachem planes, missiles A4 to A9, Diseases and bacteriology...As man can asian people making in silent, we can go to tibet, india, japon like the original mission and invented weird encounter, spies war, strange discovering...I got photos of some of the original missions wich begun well before war: 1935 in Bretagne, Eire, Spain, Schweiz...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, lvl. 32 is quite an accomplishment, brandeburg!

Sorry to hear about your friend and your accident... that's terrible.sad.png

I like the plot lines you mention: Smersh, SD, and especially Ahnenherbe. The latter one could accommodate a lot of 'unconventional' ideas and technology without raising too many eyebrows or feeling awkward and incongruous. BTW, did you manage to recover any of those plot details or the new classes you referred to previously?

Oh, and the To Hit (accuracy) percentages for those characters look fine to me. Being lvl. 31-32 I assume they've taken all their perks. The rifle specialization gives a character +10 to shooting with rifles. It doesn't show (something that Novik tried to remedy in H&S) but it does affect the calculation nonetheless. So, let's see:

- rifle specialization (unlisted + 10 to shooting)

- shooting skill

- increased range

- good shot from any pose

- dex modifiers (whichever applicable)

It appears it's working the way it was intended... and the sniping skill has little to do with it.

---------------------------------

Heruvim and I decided to go with a plot about a partisan unit operating in Eastern Ukraine in the summer of 1942. I already prepared the chapter maps. They include:

- Kiev (A1) >> Lubni (B2) >> Poltava (C2) ...with Sumy (C1) and Dnepropetrovsk (C3) being bonus chapters, potentially.

And then from Poltava choose/or be randomly/evidence/clue based directed to either:

- Kursk (D1) >> Varonezh (E1)

- Kharkov (D2) >> Rossosh (E3)

- Slavyansk (E4) >> Voroshilovgrad (Lugansk) (E5)

Here's the screen of the Global map with those chapter markers. This map has a grid to make it easier to specify the exact position of the chapter's marker and associated with it texture.

q0Ysbc8STpnH6unUc0omZoJbbGACrxqdD1WVBALD5Autplaz0D_g_0IXgm8f5Fh8SAzofJI_nlYDdEHpTKmAn9GtgDWBvNE_0BD7qr87rzGHCxVUeUPs6LwtRrubNE1-FfSfsHjHxYKvgMx_J3-aJ8NE66TNaXRGDWN0U3KZeBcjWkADYVQp9kqAxqC1ab2o1oJ74RGzA3iwcbFI_RXJZRpXxkNUPA6PsMk4R7_JPn0l_A6G_O_Hqk93C0WvbHi4f_As4fJGZhvSITsbAdynD-ppsSbXUPOwUqfibcsaVFzqpWUcS8TeZ64OSg7o091JfW_6t3zMNuBVu6aEJVjyVPw5vWKQ34NJouFtZR6Se9TRcvuE-VR2yGXbctLEYNGmfZn4dIPkUDXzQ5Yjmse2_an-Vow-VJUJnwy2mkqy85PQekFJ4LlHK3oXrAWdAnJw6nsWkvO8YBmrI4z2hwZejRD9UZR9FpaGQoXkMULA7VCTuC6ET6G1CaTZW6kP0TFn3mdrlr0kVz30Nqy8IqKzuDNGFH0m-r5T-6KA8srEmOGObFlmV-LvbMWPYfu1xoODEW6yvVJ7QeFlsHOcU00LH81lv4szc_iumEfnTDY5rIzJesCFw3xLie9jmLqXaDBAGwdeJoqdnjrhzM1HaOFCBwRQzav0SJt7HkfijK15zeHRxw=w1024-h768-no-tmp.jpg

Well, that's the old version of the background. The new one looks like this:

tChg93AzOdaLhTc8SzP2yDeVKfNxIX3hX2x-exeCqJ_C3GCpCQ1jA2sBQMgFkZgTDSCmUBSi53YQv4TPgqw-eCeLdG5fDzWmaLbDRDFP6YRWik_iYhRYzeOt1O14ZjxzRvZ_Mk2oMPeNmWbriz5T6SLOsvVtdp9xvSv4xgMQfXflHLKkJ08FaLpx_R-GUf8QJUEe7N9GayPLLcW6A5nJWUT_OdOT7GzNLROFKx-NSdzP3ESP6PTzuRpqIZCiWXQ--hmeFjQaAaE2aBk-Cywh8RTPrkQK2KKiLqhwVbYQEOLkXGLUj4o6DU8_BCvFm0RB2emyS_LZ88kKxv5Am-R2jF8rZlMKVdSPxSqDlQBHRZ_lwFhStNEVuatk2rVkp_tcj6FFjWuH0bho_QotOryAkph5XQXQW19sX38PLQiob2S5IpYmHoAsQikNtQbW3-xK-4RKA6tnu5cKdOSD2KSmd8op1tlx9_BRxXsC-JGWExxYk0T1R8wsuNosTQSU1JT51jxmYGqs6NrkdNrxKd0pygrqkegkxSd8KlxaJTUQr65VHy9G0H3m_iXnztt7gKqxZHYprUKoC6jOvun9RXMY443hTT2kDB4fDPPqCYryj2gu6FdqzFqH-NJ6QY7q9oIeS8OHZ7PmzNLspVRQUDb4ImT_C3mkZ3muy8gKizHqZCxEvw=w1024-h768-no-tmp.jpg

Now to the first chapter (A1)...

Chapter A1 Kiev region chapter background image (annotated):

PWruXcTjAI_hHPRT4Hm6QlKfQjo9Wr8vn-UXJX8ovCwwwoVKDwLZOr_05J-MYO84hzDUsj2G3rzBTnr5cchGk9cQvK8fUnhcBv-w2LsTBAjseRXlqAic2kpgAorVGSsWa7myNJV-ZymM4a74ZsmTwaxKUeVv7Mgwly3W2x0ZrVv26s-2J0bDCg3ghaddEh-Xb5D1UK6_lY0fj1vXVR0_rRO8qSqJawWXDXbeGX0gxbQtd6wyQKUxUvzNsm3d5rg92WmeGYGWD1kGqbvaObgEu_q_QniBJB9jPZo7EwYwj_Ez-bylbdaZWrhu6_TI0foMGV2oWzlpWf3MwMo7LOfD-KOn4J9I4Pe12oGnulKBCK7x--Tq6xFx17Mqzovc2arc3iy9fqWjkgZ3ilUliT8H-Sdq-CV8mGHD-cISiIZ9ILjfLVV5797wTolrheZuIGRlxqbm1gLLcKtzs0qFioKS6GVQlICJ4l7LjHzgLBAsrbft3jTj88_b0SZrb04EZ2CkXVLb0CIXc9YvUJTGB55vH9b98dPQn6Y7DIlXjrC3E58_T3xiHvirG4HY9wK5XcCgtU_ZLL5QalYcdwlA55za_eEZewmCXRznab0DPLYVV2j6kdWx69JFyNQ5IXw8yvstfQMWKaj70AwDXMhBXoxAPSf87QT1O2XtRA_UMHhagYdxgg=w1024-h768-no-tmp.jpg

I've yet to script the initial cut-scene, still at the planning stage, so bear with me here, please.

The game starts with our hero being one of the prisoners transported to an unknown location.

There are about 8-10 prisoners lined up next to a local police station and a few (3-4) guards armed with rifles and smgs.

Upon fading in we witness a conversation between two German officers (in gray SS uniforms?), one who brought us and the other is the head of the town's German administration, I don't know what to call it exactly... Reichskommissariat? sub-section (need help here..)

It goes something like this:

----------------------------------

Officer (admin): (in German) What do you think you are doing bringing them here, (such and such...rank)? I don't have any room for all these...

Officer (convoy): (in German) It's just till dawn, Herr (... higher rank?). I don't think it's safe for us to continue to Korosten' right now. Several supply convoys have been attacked in that area recently by the UPA. Those nationalists are getting bolder and bolder every day.

Officer (admin): (in German) ... right, well, it doesn't change the fact that I don't have any room for you in here... (whispering) ...besides, why don't you just get rid of them... in the forest, huh?

Officer (convoy): (in German) (frowning) I can't do that, (...rank). I've been ordered to bring them to Korosten' for questioning, especially one of them...

Officer (admin): (in German) (interrupting)... This is ludicrous! I have only 2 cells, no decent living arrangements for my staff... Hell, I myself sleep on a hay bale in the attic above my office. No, no, no! I'm going to call the Kiev Reich...(something) and complain about it right now!...

-----------------------------------

(Feel free to edit it)

As he is walking off towards the building on the left, one of the prisoners next to you whispers:

Prisoner: (in Russian) Korosten'? They've butchered several hundred of ours... just in the past few months. Bastards!.. (to the rest) Wait till the officer goes back inside and then let's jump them... (to you) ... here take this. (sneaks you a knife).

A fight ensues. Objectives are updated:

Main: Escape captivity

Other: Arm yourself, eliminate the enemies, free the prisoners, find a map, secure a transport.

Optional: Hide the bodies???

After all the enemies are dead we search and loot the place and, most importantly we free the two prisoners occupying the cells in the police station.

At this point we don't really care if any of the original prisoners survive, but if they do there could be a dialogue between our hero and their leader. He might want to go and join one of the partisan groups in the area... till we meet again, type of thing.

Prisoner: (in Russian) Thank you. comrade! Despite the terrible odds, we prevailed. I am gonna head east to meet up with ...(???)

The freed prisoners, a middle aged male and a young? woman, join your party.

I'm not sure about the names yet, maybe Yakov (nickname "Scar") and Katya ("Kat" for short)... Tsylie and I spent an hour or two developing their personalities and talking about their potential skills, which I think are important since we are going to be 'stuck' with them for a while.

So... Yakov ("Scar") (45) is a former car mechanic who turned criminal. Larceny and burglary that soon escalated to armed robberies and banditry. He got caught for speculation (reselling at a mark up) by the Soviets a couple of times. Last time escaped, joined a bandit group operating in Sumy region.

He excels at stealth and engineering:

- fixing and modifying weapons,

- repairing vehicles,

- lock picking,

- making remote explosives and home made grenades,

- setting, spotting and defusing booby traps, mines

He is also an OK shot, has a reasonable hand to hand abilities, fair spot and throwing skills. Preferred weapons: explosives, pistol or a knife.

For acks and dialogues - he is angry, witty and likes to drink...

Picked up a little bit of German while in incarceration...

Kat (19) is a nursing (maybe medical) school drop-out. Joined the Red Army auxiliary female unit(?) in 1941, got wounded and was saved by a group of partisans. Traveled with them for a while tending to their wounded, learned how to use a scoped rifle... until an attack on a German convoy, north of Dnepropetrovsk, where she got captured...

She excels at chemistry, sniping and medicine:

- healing

- stopping bleeding,

- removing various other penalty conditions

- making various chemical concoctions, drugs, poisons, etc.

She is a decent shot, has good stealth and spot skills. Prefers to stay back and use scoped rifles.

For acks and dialogues - she is idealistic, intelligent, childish, anxious.

Studied German at school.

All right, I finished the first encounter yesterday. Take a look at the screenshots I've taken. Keep in mind, it's an early build...

0UsudI3yngOWHi0GWbORSCTJ4VOoEVvTmA6JP7q_EGhw_Fgyt1enRwPUb0MTnH_y5bWuz8zLkAg9cfEKP09rNbiWUkdUixG9vgg5OYmQHmYi9WSiG2T5pj0nv30p1a2MNPBIgSxkk8GnU_WtuoaBcn1H9gETIfFng1Is5PnVRObQRf_p33MPwLi__uq_Um4vm4T8dlge2FB5fUl2cIWkE_YFlLMHYQB8B-R6zHSUtkvqN_i2QHi32CGqpwqrfi4iZFLlTYe0a26apXTMG6LwiqbIfriK2b5IGS69oYLiySxYFjXhump9MiKNof1l08z-qMyRQh6bJbFPfKL3iCY5Ax0UDjtFoTZXEU84eNznPKSO_vIHNqOcJpa0vZg6WxVH6l20g-6zzhQZEVwQIeRNeavGMXgKLBXGjJJsKqD96ShNc7J2nltFshjuAlTIhpLLcTVrGXhst3Zsk2jcwIJeJXXTzj_-NhXz1QNgq_G3pydHA2Sm6FWVBymPjtbCrCpezZS4rE9bqqWTe6kNYPvKt8xrBpVfX4MKqSZKSwSU0StW-MMUhoDpW7sm_BgBMhNPVLExJQN7BzwrwQ2h-Z1-8cTODk1EzfRGKC1cYWol9JmkdhOdvcJK3RiUQ4yk-eEVjRJmaqjkdASI9i6uaFoXNDHaz31eqSio2J5XGqbloKjogg=s800-no-tmp.jpg

The size of the template is pretty large for a first mission, but... why not, right?

I haven't added any units yet... I'm thinking MP 38 or 40 and Kar 98 wielding troops would be appropriate. Lugers for officers...

Vwx8lQMU3UqXLJpSuDP1b4L1MiBKWfq36AK9-AbQztlLXPV2tPyJEBYJiZMvsdlT8wP9qNJf7BZfkC-pIw-A3bOklmKSBvZXuhSr8BImW1uBco_tRDIj1H8eddaKdV0ccQxDy0Fh_1gHtn-ZHWOvsaMnbOHr0wCuDyh769XqbAMZZ5hp6m8fAvpJ0728xMl9bSEsNKwuyKNaApmQgIuO9Hv_UncV6yUlzMjLxH0msHZ3ooo9W-LqnIr4ifNl8PtRYXaDXf1q_iD4iceDk8VlLnQZyoE-AisTT7j5O-DGfbABm9FiJl5gvQz4yax0tMjPaco2vsaKOxtN78bL2VQjBe6ZuUeJ5zedehuC3jlEE0qkXz8ZQRJxjL48eLsUNcPEGB4JYbCigEuos59Qf5qYdRZG3J6MzWBYxOG9HWpUa4so6rrpsmmk7vo82-ZscqrLy-l6DRsGqoVagYenNiPz2Qe1N_9ktMy3Fr2yj3tKTMKMAqqP_LKkdRz7vbNSKgJgcR-yv3uiz95M6cEFiB3zXV2RV463wa81fHu99DzOGgJ6MYJUYETjqPZujpdewk2YY622BNF2TWj08Zy3SAdTEMXsW8KBxzZTakzK46Sk89AVzHj6mpfkVdfSCN4Wtg8tLEstRXenPPJBJTu22ytCeudSKeQhiZaTpU6Tl0_Gsewl5w=s800-no-tmp.jpg

vnMLvW5AmkMi1PmxoFkZvy0SRrCh23aKwTIgKT4eT3PulQQXaOU7uPSQXgZHvtewgbh3ehmOvzHyUnfgQhU_ONAJHW7nhxQ-VXKs1zbXJz618ouBIZ34QWlzbxAmbQAgn9CKEQJ6Occfgyj2FdItkIZNeYdsKpjP2iC2IegLjmvGg6ya4EYUTk18ViMNbg4_qgSyySH9L8SxapdcKKfAWt2-XTS2oG2IUTUSuOJy_zmt0L69G5Yfe4HPxWDpwgSk0bFZv0smD0Lut3YLG8P9brbeE08Bby-S_7eCOrHJ_gdxuovwA_T1Uuk7Sx01LyFwNSawuHrGGz8KNJnTj1cThPn72BDTk7gKzfdJ1rsNdyQ2El-WkK5CbztBlMQ3EOPS5X34Ohr-4eOA33vWdE4fP0YT_JJ8oQbN8uGY6oSoFHCAOxCvhLLwu8hwHPGxCvyGsiIo9chuQ56VNEFHiRcz7ZQuBl8HbXqsNsn1h7LbOcjdX2MtjxZyGob52GD-nnhuaG913R2YihG6VDo8Ey-6GdGTh0RQLUCKflr23bQ9FuD-98yRTkQXnEK-M3FVScKa3cmzCN0B0tbqwzlVaE1UuD5BA9RBJHL0POh1O42Qe9CvSWg8MhcuuraESV_sA6DFHl2KZUSPKehfvWTY7WaFMKIrpcwXrmxdZdvVq-9smH-uAA=s800-no-tmp.jpg

aHUPK8fookpQvDUHIW9yuxXTDh--qKymnWho5WX9wNI0uwctb5kqvH-n3-y6dLkXV8JEdbA3WZIXwyad2hDkMFctK55vIBzF5NqfVBZeE2RjKU2CDd2edHNV4BeWcRP6w4zqEP6W2HNps8RJEOU05IDuLDzEwTpTvORC6KolfVjr9YWiu5QorGNXDbYOcKIavb2LNy5f-Ia5BVpZL18XJeowsbbCH5iyLEWJYvGyAaczFaWq-h-NCalLdFPp0bVmidVb9IPrDFgcB56kZbrBWxOJZYZ1cKJPTI7nsiEjcxoXkesXPdIHaySYLQ82M-sYpX0XG0YiGbQ4ckoXRCLYscnsB0hFbjXKDUfvbAKzYCFdiT30njOnmLbpOtK12kIsD3Yccan4twm6QfEtsdYibSFJiGPSLNAZP-X90fwsvSyHjiE9wKPhEKuCLRPwhzoY_f2DwpLbulEIPwDH0JQPopQH_PaHCmTT04I7_WApffXM4vN9ksJHU6wi9bu8e4XghxLJxasBr7F8cWFqUpg1nkwHGpKbknPNu4vegLT0RQHHmQPKYVPRiFx5A4X1vj9tG6vUUDSGVGUXjBvvA_96rYAXmO1yqu4irIqSMjgWKr7fAMMCk7fOfSrZYEbkS1xxPoaecfaP_JTsPNsbFltyIB4DOxaeoeF-yb46hkcKcDQ4UA=s800-no-tmp.jpg

The other building could benefit from a "Reichskommissariat..." something plaque.

Any German speaking folks here?

yQ27IoRQdLesAPRx0O_PzNAic5orvZNAVotH9FCpusaj0rnuTf-xZLUU338wVPvEKIUNuK9SYuMFxhaglpwwtJfl0RqD6lUgyfiKdAZZT0Ixje49lCT3kjKcGvetk0R4iQOP_iudE3bk6iMQzn6S_i0nQziXcuwydHGlu74eHAbJjV_R5eOM1SXfimwPEOYzh4-Ge91fbWjB4qlxGE0SYXr5k9rRMJ3-0IdF5wZYT7ardgSu5coztbMOhMXqp81qf7DtD3nMiPtW0Vlucjz-f6-PbxrpFQ0GkK8LfLR9fm6CmzVB0FKgR_H7QXjN414DGZ_c54w9S13Y2Eh8e3LZD2D7BBT8JXHzLj3cr1p5T9KROykA2s2J8N603zfqy0CiXl3NpaXQ9Qtl5704LSUBIPMKc8TMAPNtLwUdRnzSsaVOzN7sn1S4gG33MTXRy2MiYiS2Bu3sPTXy9wpvojt2PU2NxduWrLFp0R-XI9797uZxa-S7Ec5nOO1wSniXB7IRZ3dub4hhu76UU_WkSMcAirAYYdmdYbV1O3Uvy8p6qlNEBF2uj8DxzG0NYauv2_zTW_RdqtZ__Ow3okvsFuc69bKAVzUtdAT4lEJAcnnR84oiBoXrDvUxd-_Qtb6WNGSpeiwSxrrMIHQn8y3JzRYgOFDW3mb6IjF8KGU7OcrIo_3c4A=s800-no-tmp.jpg

Right, so without a base we'll need a reliable access to some kind of storage. Well, this Zundapp should do.

...its MG-34 will come in handy too.

Of course, we'll need to script it to act as a stationary weapon during fights (default) and as a party storage when in real time or when the objectives are complete.

We don't have real mud...so the gr256 (I guess it stands for 'gryaz' - mud in Russian) spots will do. Besides it's a summer template, it's not supposed to be too muddy anyway.

hrsV_pzPFG5r9kyxqboDyR2TTU0c_aRd8k6eo3WaSfBGoF-zUcc4ExwKLUchU8Okh3lmPklnu5N-PPWVIi2txLjXOyLhbf2yQmcGpbR4adF7PtPRQZLiK1hk-wR2oaEOqgLx5j5uwXxHOHubrUsMWdlN3ZfHCc_UOMAcMfW9YD_4jCnpjhzezW4UnvNqSBmPg_83jy7-CP6mDSpJ8DRY9EGIapatMYtl7B4vkvH9t2qAF356cJHIzy2mRgsR9HnBare-EPcQv0OYIEMQYL4O9-uytmw__n5-q6TMCIbptrDfpJYzrd5uvUtlgyoOkdkwBjY7Un5LZwFoUAdSjOS76S9t-RNZM5rA9B2RaVCGFmTd4n22SaAmg4fKLiuckcsJ00taFqJy0GOlzNdT6fDckAVbCuddL4HSzMW1ahz5KgLXcKktNZvh6CHNMJDvEsNEi40C6MkTOWJLg207MTSII-1vSQecrBpX4N3R9Fzc4CcaY9ZbpoyHiuxJG8UkJKKR3SU2xS46yr1hEv-tNsYUUbID5pUBKNWXgZxPYAYdtn4K5rmhP-LuPDjiTIRerhM8L9OCZSJ_coF7QE-mAJTUJAMOa0bh7UuX6ogdq9JngM81YRbIGmAGqTfd6F5REBY95yioHESPFPDTS9AapYj9mojgXSh1Wo42qNmYnkviZO_62A=s800-no-tmp.jpg

bd3LZME2tyXNSjrps4FI_j019UDu-Qnd1A_8n9wsiEVVKK-AWh1gJH7JMwmh76IRBNC80LRf5AHs3Gu7A_2jcje49RI1mGsX2bM7rleU1-AIVNGBBXvtf_25FCpdnnOrttio-ONsdM3b44LT9BGCTfBuvRPSCDB_DR0dLPnPC15v4xu4w08L7pAWN9ob5kCToRFPTA3a4XDrNeIBPP6sHUwGVf5Xg6htwxI6dPqw509G17FXmrvhpQOeBKEGU8tU0lb46x6T3QBGlvOJnpZEOQ9zQptpqF7HlfroYg0SODND10-qMT1rN47LcEt8ik3gjKznrAdXtewMx56SaYltk8IBR1FEGhgUxr1LgDQdgF1sHtPUKRqvyelqVNS3Y-nELbih5ypp3cOo8Hj_KLkIgit54xDGFRhXtO_OzDPxXMAiyqTG1c5bV0GBPxtyWjnftzTsYAskP3iUho3WWALij8jNA0laVrTCbsesqfTvxRiD2dzSsop1wRLOOjlHFEhyZqFQGYVfhU7CZgD6s9DO8wrRGnw6p9oWI6j8eKZCmv6QD7EldWyK6ge9-uMXD6x9o6pbGD2FwkOggY6piiVon1Ap49d7PLqcC-Anr-yN1ghTuU2R6sMg1Ua2slGn5RcVpb5CZHE6fmn79ehGFuM7TVtalsh0q-NdpiZSf5A9EeQuCQ=s800-no-tmp.jpg

pZorUqtpKPUrJ2JUtAHbwHEQ5wVucjTw3KKPu1zGPrhXKVaMnFzWZrYLTdWu-lk1xNtxVeBLI_8E-941ECJn8KvPCIHeXoqBLaxdRpaGQAf1541eYIjKB3QjcwZSL_jC9m5tb-vz2Utfvj2LYxXTt0ALIiYTbLjj4QObj0Hjoe8iGJQBkY7F_IbniSl4VGzCRN4RsUgbgBZAnu7N69clOThmMBolYB7py1EDSXDNQvfbvggw1jY9ztO1B_K8hY4vpVxcb7QME0S66--JxT_wHhnchvUKI1AY6GvQlucZzYerlfeUht49VLO2MGch5QGShHT20loMfDwMtz-3R7OX1yRkk2AZSY3XXlduG8wAgvDrAMptCWYl8mBjzBtPgz7gNeE8d-LW0XRIzjTHSKBv9bIBKaTxl_NNdmaoy1UMiGJvkPCaUb9Uk2es-gQHByrPDdQp1mQdsFO5Ehyp4e91sKHUlaHu88TVwqplLNnF8ca4nO9tYTA4VW7uA-ukvuzBFqIuKJGl2CwQutHvXFmyl0PFGiZ2pr2_YTKaKGXKKsgjP8j8cGlDj_BpDsEsT4NkYoLEfTXh1-EwLymtE19anFGBcb_NkjhSI5tTjWPLoB5keCJjy0g7bSq-q991SbzeXNwW_i23rUJHQRDLTiqxV9R2VhCiYU-qX9NoPdW-iI18Ig=s800-no-tmp.jpg

sNNgiYasi5cG4kFALMtxarSiZ14sKMv9Oz-W9jocuQ2wZOIPcVLNPknbjQu1Y2iu0x-8fNphSyqPWDtH2YMUagRkfYrhIbmIp5zTJ9wCasp0FzmygK-nlF2BcLPwwEwpRNuCsYWKwxGQmQFgiBoAHQi7JnoCLuxC1W4zOx-L370wY_BKgu5Y5Nmsx3OE20nvK_i9_FpBh9OJtd3o8L_c3sakfG0_v_fpvs0zlp24QsIaLsGHodvcQ-sEZoV4Ez09xP4u62iaEu-HcsVFfkoP5AuB2VjGEGiZXMNLvQnfCJElIP1xXfyd_wRJ7P3JtuBsDYf7f82Pkh_h_cHmuvVKd00jJqAtSa_RVb2132HDAP5uMc4x51cUclb7_sXVLPKj0G0ykcouz27auaUgHTUCgYOdEhiFFTRW_iWoUgu6VZ95JIcedQprL1O8O9a7mrZUyRwGa2DYMZoeXyyD4Dddnz-zaLtZHdL9l8ONLrt6e0wae4BIPOkDiEOcjIYJ9lFwzbFUN12ss2PG3eNIrcuuLqFdg1suiEc3eQtDX5WQ5IynCVn1xUjKjEySPu3TihIwBtvyVlWEUMyeuJrtJuijmocCaj3zM_9lHRgj-0CN-MwJr0EMO4wIHRtu2h3iM7rw2xwNdq5uiz2diWfW_dcj8HVDK5r2_J9i3qeQTVpGBIvDlw=s800-no-tmp.jpg

It took me about 450 terrain spots to achieve the looks I wanted.

U_m29MbAo8wcKe-6a3K1jDDhKqdpJoH5Vua_QqX1P6ji6ePrbluX_QNahpjo467onPGVUHz0j3kB9WxtBiJecr2LkyN9ZNvnN0ll5Buk7Pv2c-ukLKuKmlpKeEY3glCR97HPInW4f2rWRoOi1usOnB00Q9R6zGStxoKFuc3wxWt9xpGTevOQSAZTi7n3N2nEB9AYRTn7uJyeS2hIeKfkOg9d0eQZTgN9Miq7LrCDPTaRaM5YbSo8lktwhUVCh9aTbfc3fCZWWd2lV_C681QyxTgnR0xzVhCMg5ENouLFJqW63HVI4knCvVPT82j9yq9iyRMbR5k1Uk7b93l69Uz-tc8bGr656TVe0sat0vzN0J62Ivva_IO0NeTgIw1QChAUZH8nciLpqmK6njLlHQ6FSRxLT0WKo5L4hhysWIDehSUWxNmg-zD_LDHtb1lTf6fPSzvPClKA5YHaxsUdbsG-zRcZYq3jXkGpGlOsuKOm_obBwMOT6WhyZxNGay-MouJrNttesflpXlEBnJzVuDzMwBlxPlBqASOl4p9owupAX6ZlIsRmot6qVH4Z1x4pM2qeaxX4tOfboh8SP5f0GZdYe2--abCpJdMepQtL4e_Pt95YLFhqZ-CRJja0axBjIeg6NMUxNYjodyJ47twwASwRMWsj2h2xSvm1lTth2cpWiy6eXQ=s800-no-tmp.jpg

Here we might find the other prisoners' papers.

The following image is my attempt to redesign the default PWL (Please Wait Loading) screen templates.

T44EuVd7bkN98paJN6zA0swTYXMrEXjveEcHlr0oUjzxfM1LRAkSkJrcqcLOMk32ilTeRxnBLK0wLXhLMzxD2nBXcjGqShCsK_FEgpK7mcgnjp-Z7vEdlf5FxIFsWXLlxft9xjDxYNyEWY3_wyRAzvn6azMSShLDAhJuTBEjg6hltzZ7rFxDVPymbjmkWh6pZdMucRU6HkDCcU-ep1iSXNua89B93WkT7HVeItKJopO8D9n82HEp7WuEMbAODSELk9SJvp5FFIoI4FKzfZkxBpGruZMUnb5BfOanBqPznyy97_736et36MAWJXV0WdN-U0UfxtfrTDJ0UyJKLS4EJD9k1qKmKOkJgOytjAnX8GRuxC0ksNcdUfTCOdNwpowxKwhQKkErU6_UShmyi6b12M07rtwT4HVpHSeiT8-1ybFuF8WZ1pBq12qVXpVKv5980S4jKjXPEAghUa_0r5z0rI7Jtjbg2bIQbx30b3pYSpAPceB_Gk44bSYDrX4AXw6GaWWlDdb-XeldDv-eYW-mdREI3pd1pQSosDCRrM1YpVr86sDOw62YvOu4m51IUJLD7I_b-NrkUrTCAXviu0EKqqaz0UCiYCCLydaWJkmrwUobOXJGDn_H0RKcQuPma5iHZQeKpIQyP_Quf9RwQkjU1f0qM98LWoDFfdtCorzJBym2Uw=w1024-h768-no-tmp.jpg

Let me know what you think.

I'm sure Heruvim will update you on whatever he is working on when he feels it's appropriate. I'll just mention that he is working on adding some awesome models to the game.

Frankly, I am very excited about it! biggrin.png

Things to do:

1. Finish the (Off1Escape, Off2Escape) dialogue

2. Add a Hero - Kat, Hero - Scar short dialogues.

3. Finish Kiev (A1) Global UI (marker, name, description)

4. Complete "Escape" scenario zone entries

5. Create, arm and place enemy, ally units.

6. Script the "Escape" encounter

7. Place appropriate loot in chests, cabinets and attic. (maps, documents, booze, axe, etc.)

8. Script Zundapp.

9. Create and test the objectives

10. Figure out what global variables are going to be set in this encounter.

----------------------

That's all for now.

[EDIT] I think I fixed the images now. They should be visible... Sorry about that...

~ Blunter ~

Nice beginning, I should have something about Ukranian polizei and German polizei in Galicia, some with partisan operating there...tomorrow.

Well about rifle %, ,In my opinion the sharshooter/sniper has too low % compare other,

In perks I but first increasing range, weapon range increasing, critiq...

I got them but on my old Window familial, so it takes time to convert, first to the window 7 32, and to the one I use on the net in 64.

Here is the SD tree, made for silent storm, medals awards... then came sentinel, lot of change; then H&S with the weigth problems...(this I like)

so we made only small game to test in hot seat, should have some screenshots too. and change to Anhenerbe, with real insane figures.

I got the one for GUGB Glavnoe Upravlenie Gosudarstvennoi Bezopasnosti NKVD to Smersh,

and the one unfinished for SOE, with polish ZWZ help.

I got all the prework on ammunitions, weapons...to fill the Weaponsfields files, ammunitionsfields.....with the weapons we create :

luftfaust A, fliegerfaust, colt Ace .22lr silenced, ...and the projectives : Cz27 silenced, tokarev T30 silenced, Svt40 suppressed...and many many inachevated dreams.

Wow, beautiful! Thumbs up!

Thank you, Heruvim.

--------------------

Thanks, brandeburg.

Nice SD plot chart, BTW.

Unfortunately, we are not going to operate in Galicia. It starts in Kiev and then proceeds east.

--------------------

I'm still working on the first encounter... will update when ready.

~ Blunter ~

here is a document about south russia, I am not sure it could help (partizani silencer and ammo from my mod and explanation, Abwehr, SD operating in this area).

If it migth help I got other soviet suppressed or silenced weapons : Nagant, SVT 40, tokarev, mosin carbin on a special memo board to help filing Weaponsfieds. clipfields ...and other polish and soviets weapons.

You are doing really wonderful work both of you, we were far away from you.

beautiful Tiger.

You decide me to reinstall MSQL, Maya 5 to go back to work.

I

Hmm, interesting change of direction, just wonder what is left of any of the story I have been working on. I am a bit surprised about that.

Also, now that photobucket no longer allows hosting of images expect you pay 400 bucks a year, I have to look for a new place to host my images. Any suggestions?