New S^3 Mod "All Uniforms" in development (feedback is welcome)

BlunterII

OK folks, I have another small update for you but first, I'd like to address some of your posts.

------------------------------------------------------------------

PP007,

I'm glad it worked for you. I checked the Nedlitz house, even rebuild some of the roof - nada. Can't find the reason why you wouldn't be able to get through that door upstairs. There are no objects, no invisible walls.., nothing, not a single thing that would impede movement.

The script does lock that door at the beginning and subsequently unlocks it once all the bad guys are dead, but that is unlikely to cause what you described. I use ObjectLockDoor() extensively and never experienced problems with that... at a loss here...

VB,

I agree with you about pistols not being very useful as primary weapons. I am not even sure if they (Nival) meant them to be anything other than a sidearm. I haven't looked into critical chance modding yet (I don't know if it's possible though)...

I am interested in special ammo ideas. If you have any specific ones - shoot.

Fireman,

I see. Thank you for clarifying.

You know, when I was creating remote explosives they were designed to work outside. Enemy patrol is coming (Or a PK) >> set the charges >> wait for them to approach >> equip the remote detonator >> Boom!

Underground though, hmm... it's a totally different thing. A lot of things are indestructible (or undestructible - UD, as Nival called them) by default: walls, doors, floors, passage objects, etc. with black unforgiving void surrounding them. So, even though the idea of a vault that can only be reached through the use of special charges is interesting, I am wondering how we would justify our inability to blow everything up that way underground (game-play wise)... and if we do (somehow) - which charges are you talking about? Hand-thrown ones or the remote satchels or both?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Zlatan,

Thank you.

I am afraid the problem might be on your end. Here are the possible reasons (that I can think of):

- you accidentally deleted some of the textures from the BlunterMod folder.

- your game installation became corrupted somehow.

- the mod files got corrupted somehow

- you might be using another mod overriding mine

- you cfg\s3config settings are preventing some textures from being displayed.

EDIT: Another possible reason is using AddMod (...just guessing here).

... the amount of changes, texture swapping and occasional deletions I introduce with each new version could result in some of the textures missing (if indeed you used that utility, of course).

Kataklismik,

The solution I posted in my reply earlier might not work for you (in the long run as you might end up with mismatched global variables).

What clues did you find in "Counterfeit"? Currently there are 6 sets of them, each leading to different outcomes.

And now back to our lab.

Here is a screenshot of it after finishing the objectives:

Wansdorf-LabTest_01%252528End-Layout%252529.png

...and the annotated version :

Wansdorf-LabTest_02%252528End-Layout-Labeled%252529.png

It's a 48x80 template sitting on a 64x96 template.

I didn't put any enemies or any secondary loot yet. It's just bare bones right now so that I can iron out the bugs and glitches related to the structure and its pass-ability, scripts controlling the plot, objectives, effects and various remotely operated gates and lights.

Let's do a quick run through...and see what this is all about. I took a number of screenshots while working on this encounter. wink.png

Note: this is just the lab. The "mines" and the "manor" will be discussed a bit later.

Wansdorf-LabTest_03%252528Enter-Message%252529.png

Ready for editing.

The dialogue is between two lab guards, a male and a female.

WansdorfLab_Dlg1:

Guard (F): (Scared) Did you hear that? I swear I heard something!

Guard (M): Oh, not again! First, you get us locked out of the hall, then you break the generator switch, and now you complain about someone trying to get you, huh?

Guard (F): Say what you like, I know I heard something. Y'know, like a door opening? Besides, it wasn't my fault the generator stopped working.

Guard (M): Like hell it wasn't! If you didn't pull that shiny piece out of the switch we wouldn't be stuck in the dark, cut off from the rest of the team.

Guard (F): You're such an ass! Why do I ever agree to go with you?

Guard (M): Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just stop whining and help me look for spare parts. There's got to be something around here that'll start the generator back up again.

Guard (F): Fine! *Pauses* But what about that regenerative sample Kruger needed? He's going to be pissed off if we don't have it.

Guard (M): (Angrily) Sure, what about it? The ZMX room is locked, the storage room is barred, and the lab is on the other side of this god-damned crypt!

Guard (F): (Thinking) Well, you know I can lock-pick the door, and you can grab the sample--

Guard (M): And then what? Carry it around? Are you out of your mind? Besides, it needs the 'sparkler' from the storage room to be of any use.

Guard (F): Dammit, I forgot about that! (Demoralized) Why do I always screw up?

Guard (M): Hey, hey! Keep your chin up, we've been through worse. As long as we keep those "Testpersonen" doors locked, we can figure something out.

Guard (F): *Nods* You're right. Let's get on with it.

Yeah, I know... too long, and possibly cheesy... but gets the major points (I had in mind) across, hopefully.

Wansdorf-LabTest_04%252528Airlock-button%252529.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_05%252528Airlock-Animation%252529.png

I used the pipe releasing steam animation as the source for this. I think it worked...

Wansdorf-LabTest_05a%252528AirlockNoGo-SwitchPressedAgain%252529.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_06%252528Airlock-Disengaged%252529.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_07%252528WireDoor2-Pop-Up%252529.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_08%252528Barracks%252529.png

...yes, the barracks, the entrance, the collapsed mine and the generator doors are unlocked.

Wansdorf-LabTest_08a%252528Barracks-Reichsmarks%252529.png

This lab must have been here a while!

Wansdorf-LabTest_09%252528MedSupplyDark-Code%252529.png

The code panels (Z1 and R1) operate using an alternate source of power as we'll find out later. They are generator-independent.

Wansdorf-LabTest_10%252528Generator-Inactive%252529.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_10a%252528UsingG1-SwitchBeforeGenActivation%252529.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_11%252528Generator-BeforeActivating%252529.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_12a%252528Generator-MessageNoDevice%252529.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_12b%252528Generator-MessageWithDevice%252529.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_13%252528Generator-Cutscene1%252529.png

I timed and scripted the sounds and the effects to match each other and work together...

Wansdorf-LabTest_14%252528Generator-Cutscene2%252529.png

Now think of how much darker it was before this ^^^ happened? (It is still rather dark and gloomy, and cold looking)

Wansdorf-LabTest_14a%252528Generator-Downstairs%252529.png

This is currently not accessible.

All right, this is getting too long. See next post, please.

(possibly tomorrow... tired...)

~ Blunter ~

Okay, few ideas I've stole from JA2 1.13 mod:

Let us thought, there are 3 armor classes of 1, 2, 3 "point" of defence.

1. Normal ammo pen 1-2 classes, do 1 damage

2. AP ammo pen all 3, do 0,75 damage

3. Expanding ammo - pen 0-1 classes, do 1,75 or 2 damage

4. Next level of EA(forgot how it named in english) pen 0 class(no armor) only, do 3 damage

5. Pen 1-2 class, do 1,5 damage, high weapon degradation (pretty sure not possible)

6. HE

But something like that will require total reconstructions of all levels in terms of adding new classes of troops (heavy armored guy, light scout/sniper, medium grenadier/troop, etc), but It'll make gameplay more diversive for sure, I think everyone tired from absolutely equal enemies in terms how they get damage, and pen system usefull only for panzerkliens/walls pen, such interesting in major part of gameplay have no usage at all. Seems it's time to see into possabilities of weapon editing myself, I'll do that when I'll have a bit more free time.

And one more thing - for now economy highly depends on trophy selling, which will ruin concept of many different ammo types(player should have at least 2 kind of ammo to kill different enemies) so inventory will burden with ammo and there be little place where you can keep trophy for sell. Possibly mission reward can be increased, but economics is difficult and complex part and should be avoided while you have so much work to do(wow, you really do so many cool maps already, and scripts, and...). I hope we will see something playable in near feature, great work!

Ah, and one more =) As you spoke about secret places with good loot, and accident destroying of quest item I've thought about next:

S2 clues feature, you can find or not - game still can be progressed. So, you can place such "clues" or keys on some locations and they CAN be destroyed by a hit or explosion. Then, they can be used to find some specific location with reward or open some safe or something like that. Probably, in mission description there should be notifications, that there such "clues" on the level to avoid player rage, while he restricted from use of explosives as he afraid accedintly destroy clue.

Currently I'm playing on custom difficulty +3 enemy level, 200 VP, etc. I've got ~20% chance to hit enemy in 5 tiled from PPD or MP-40 with 10 in familarity, which kinda strange. In first your mission chance to hit Lintz was 2% from 2-3 tiles, main character has ~110 shooting, 130 bursts. But then I've hide behind a wall, after that "?" sign appeared it his icon and I've got ~34% to hit. And some of enemies just ignored me and walk around. Looks like something strange happend to AI, have no idea why.

There was "Kazaki" mod which had few features from hammer and sicle - day/night cycle which prevented hide usage at the daytime, pretty sure, its possible to import camoflauge system(not really needed, actually) and weight system (this will greatly change gameplay, another way to solve pistols problem - they weigh a little, and weak, but fast scout can use them well, this, will require basic stats review, though), but no more full squad of mg-s overloaded both with heaviest grenades.

Did you completely removed HE from the mod or just from a shops? Can I get them wia id? Which one in case they still there?

Whew, it's been forever since I've last been here...

Nice! The underground map looks really intriguing and I'm looking forward to its full release, Blunter. Hadn't been able to check the story due to developments irl, but will get to it around this or next weekend.

As for buffing up the pistols and make them more useful, since that was an issue on my end as well (I equipped Elf my scout with carbines and silenced submachine guns because they were always more useful then pistols at any time), I suppose the AP cost of using them should be significantly lower to constitute their use, along with their accuracy greatly improved when you are closer to the enemy (and, along with that, a counter to the bigger guns - a penalty for close quarters combat with rifles and etc).

Also, I feel scouts, medics and engineers should receive a bonus for using pistols, since they're not combat-heavy classes, in the traditional sense that the soldier and grenadier classes are. Still not sure if this bonus should be implemented by snipers too, then again, I rarely got my sniper up in the front lines with the rest of my squad, so, I guess, why not? :P

I've never really bothered with the multiple munition types in SS3, so idk what to suggest on that end - I'd take Vodka's idea for it, as well as the one he suggested for armor types, which seems quite good to me, though, as he too mentions, hard to implement.

Yup, moving along...

(I'll address VB's and Revenger's posts at the end, if you don't mind)

The lab Run Through (RT) continues: wink.png

(yeah, sounds like regional transit... nothing in common, except for speed, maybe)

Anyway, if you remember where it all started (the "Clinic") we picked up an empty vial, read a "Nurse Diary" and fought some strange "Reanimated Patients". The diary was what brought us here as it mentioned this lab as the source of the chemical the nurse was experimenting with (unsuccessfully).

Now we are standing in front of that very room where the nurse must have stolen that stuff from (*drum roll*)

Wansdorf-LabTest_15%252528ZMX-Fog-Of-War%252529.png

Pretty neat, huh...

Wansdorf-LabTest_16%252528ZMX-Did-I-Bring-Vial%252529.png

In order not to fail the quest completely I thought of a 'consolation prize'. It won't be as good as the large one but hey... better something than nothing, right?

Wansdorf-LabTest_16a%252528ZMXMessage-UseSwitchNoContainer%252529.png

...as instructive as possible...

Wansdorf-LabTest_17%252528ZMX-Before-Filling-Vial%252529.png

Breaking the switch or the sparkler in the Med Storage room will make it impossible to complete the "Vial" quest.

In other words: watch your fire!

Wansdorf-LabTest_18%252528ZMX-Filled-Vial%252529.png

Damn! Can I get some more, I missed the...uh...

Wansdorf-LabTest_19%252528ZMX-Message-AfterFilling%252529.png

At first the message was "What's happening here? This place is falling apart..." and then one of my in-house "editors" decided to scrupulously examine the map concluding that it really wasn't and that I was being overly dramatic (yada- yada), so a new version of that message was born, again... wink.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_20%252528Restroom-Alcohol%252529.png

How spiked exactly? Reminded me of the game "Curse of Monkey Island" (by Lukas arts), where the main character, Guybrush Treepwood, was continuously "dying" by repeatedly ordering and drinking a "spiked" drink in order to get into some family crypt. Oh.., the memories...

Wansdorf-LabTest_21%252528Hall-CodeNeeded-B1-Unlocked%252529%252529.png

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Rocco. I have a feeling he might need it.

Wansdorf-LabTest_22%252528Hall-InFrontServerRoom%252529.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_23%252528Opened-ServerRoom%252529.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_24%252528GreenData-Found%252529.png

Now thinking about it, hmm... those devices do look like hard drives. Amazing...

Wansdorf-LabTest_25%252528OpeningC7-WrongButton%252529.png

Rocco's is trying his best. Alas, ...that was not the right button. Cheer up, all is not lost. There is always the "next time", well almost always.., isn't there?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wansdorf Lab will continue...

See next post.

Thank you for your feedback, folks.

-------------------------------------------------

VB,

Thanks.

I share your sentiment about adding more ammo types into the game. However, there are a few things to seriously consider first (at least from my view point):

1. Aside from .303 British, 9mm Mauser Export and a few others that are used only by a handful of weapons - introducing new ammo types requires a lot of work:

- new clips' textures,

- additional ammo boxes' textures,

- clip and box corresponding RPG items for all weapons of that caliber, with appropriate descriptions

- inventory look adjustments (so that don't all look the same and positioned differently)

- database entries (ammo specific characteristics, clips to ammo assignments, etc.)

- "realistic" (for the game play purposes) damage, penetration values, and additional effects like light, grenade explosion, smoke, electrical, plasma, green ray, etc.

- new ammo efficiency testing,

- some historical reference... would be preferable (not necessary, though)

2. There has to be a niche for that ammo to exist in the game world, dictated by some specific need or purpose (I realize that some of them might be just for the heck of it, but still...).

Examples:

- Surplus - crap ammo,

Stats: lower damage,

Availability: found in relative abundance

Use: general purpose, when better alternatives are not available

How to: Achieved by decreasing damage min value in the RPG ammos db table.

- AP rounds

Stats: high penetration, lower damage,

Availability: found in limited amounts,

Use: Panzerkleins and punching through a wall or an obstacle.

How to: Achieved by increasing the bullet weight and decreasing damage min value in the RPG ammos database table.

- APHE rounds

Stats: high penetration, lower bullet damage, small to medium 3-8 area splash effect with the radius of 1-2 max,

Availability: rare

Use: same use as AP + vs. groups of clustered enemies.

How to: Achieved by increasing the bullet weight, decreasing damage min value and attaching a small grenade effect in the RPG ammos db table.

- HE rounds

Stats: varied penetration, low bullet damage, med to high 10-20 area effect with the radius of 2-4,

Use: depending on the penetration values - from PKs to building demolition to anti-personnel.

How to: Varied bullet weight + decreasing damage min value + medium grenade effect in the RPG ammos db table.

- I rounds - Incendiary

Stats: low penetration, low bullet damage, high 15-30 area effect with the radius of 2-5,

Use: anti-personnel.

How to: Low bullet weight + decreasing damage min value + strong HE grenade effect in the RPG ammos db table ?

- HP/ JHP -

Stats: mediocre penetration, very high bullet damage x2, x3 times of a regular round,

Availability: relatively common

Use: single, high hit-point targets, like zombified units, unarmored boss units, drug addicts, units using hit-point boosters, etc.

How to: Extremely low bullet weight + significantly increasing damage min value (x 1.5 - 3) in the RPG ammos db table

- Ray (high everything) - kind of an overkill. Already in the game

- Electricity based rounds

Stats: high penetration, low to med damage and small 1-5% probability of making enemies "unconscious" (+ arching - area effect)

Availability: extremely rare, could be crafted at the workshop

Use: ?? from PKs to anti-personnel, perhaps...

How to: decrease/ same min Damage + unconscious probability value + silvery effects and sparks and weapon sounds (maybe burn effects if possible) + grenade (1-3 radius) for arching ??

This one could benefit from several types: 1) more powerful - single target - (no/ tiny AE) - higher unconscious prob, and 2) less powerful - large® AE - tiny unconscious prob.

- Plasma or radioactive material based rounds - ???

------------------------------

So, for example, if I used mostly Enfield line of rifles and ended up at the lab, the crazies from those "Testpersonen" sites would eat me alive. But if I had a few clips of the outlawed Mk III hollow points (or something similar), at least I would stand a chance against them. (We don't have any HP rifle rounds, except for the "Sea Devil" rifle and some intermediate rounds like 7.62x39 and Kurz.)

-----------------------------

Unique (experimental) ammo types could be found in tiny amounts here and there and/ or built from some rare materials at the base workshop by a highly skilled engineer. They can be made quite powerful given their limited availability. (sky is the limit here, well within limits, o course...)

-----------------------------

Diversifying the enemy and NPC character pools is on my to do list. What types are you suggesting?

What I am asking for is something like this:

- Type: Regular soldier

- Perk panel: "Grunt"

- Hit-points: Hero Hps +/- 40 OR hero lvl x 20

- Main weapon(s): Smg, rifle

- Sidearm (if any): Pistol

- Potential inventory variations: 0-1 light grenade, 3-5 surplus ammo clips, 0-1 AP clip, 0-1 JHP clip, 0-1 local currency

- Tactical purpose: All-purpose (similar to some types of flour) smile.png

...and so on and so forth. Enemy Recruit, Veteran trooper, Officer, MG Gunner, Sniper, Patrolman, Enemy Grenadier, Assassin, Explosives Specialist, PK Operator, Deranged/ Zombified/ Drug Addict, Infantry Boss, Sniper Boss, Hitman, Female Fatale, Semi-Transparent Experiment Victim, Robot Elite, Intelligence Agent, Spy, Civilian Male, Civilian Female, Scientist.

Preferably with desired perk combinations...

----------------------------

Inability to hide? Personally, I didn't like that feature in H&S. Actually, I found it extremely annoying. Adding to enemy "Spot" skill through a script during day-time, on the other hand, would make more sense to me. Depriving the player from using one of the most crucial abilities (especially to scouts) for some arbitrary reason - nope... I don't think I'll be interested in implementing that at all.

---------------------------

Some Bosses, Linz included, got soldier perk panels. If during their random perk allocation they got "Run For Your Life" - they'd be very hard to hit when on the run, obviously. When you hid, he probably changed his stance and went into a search mode, negating the penalty your units would incur otherwise. it sounds like it worked as intended, VB.

Edit: (Evasion and cover efficiency modifying perks might also contribute to that, although their exact mechanisms are still unclear to me)

---------------------------

HE rounds were replaced by surplus ammo. Currently, they are completely gone from the game.

Revenger,

Thank you.

The lab is almost ready. smile.png

Most likely I'll hold off on changing AP costs for pistols or anything else for that matter at the present time. The primary reason for that is that compared to S^2 and vanilla S^3 in BlunterMod our characters will advance to much higher levels with increased skill values. If I remember correctly, "Shooting skill" reduces AP costs significantly (don't remember about familiarity) which might land us in a situation when a lvl. 25 character with 85 APs needs 1 or 2 APs to use their sidearms. I'd rather avoid that.

Besides, there are different weapons available, Fritz at lvl 14 uses only 4 APs to use Sauer 38, for instance. That's not bad. But what if Fritz were level 30 Just ran some tests and, apparently, I didn't remember correctly. At least in my tests it didn't work the way I thought it would.

Toby lvl 1(Shooting Skill of 30 ) and Toby lvl 40 (Shooting Skill of 324) had the same AP reqs for shooting a Sauer (5 APs), regardless of adaptation (familiarity) values.

Sorry about the misinformation. sad.png

The much bulkier, hard to use Mausers cost a lot more APs, but that's the cost we pay for longer range and higher damage, right?

"Pistol Specialization" could certainly be added to the medic/ engineer perk trees (Snipers and scouts already have it).

... then again, it appears we are talking about making a sidearm - into a primary weapon, essentially changing its role entirely. It is my understanding that in Silent Storm a pistol is something one uses when they ran out of APs to shoot their primary weapon or their primary weapon ran out of ammo and the character doesn't have enough AP to reload - so they switch to their side arm, shoot once/ twice. Next turn they reload and continue using their primary firearm.

This might not be true for scouts though. Gotta look into them... I hardly ever use that class.

I am not sure what armor you guys are talking about. Body Armor? For the bad guys? If that's the case - there is no way to put that on them, or to know if they are wearing it (the same story with the uniforms). I would import some of the useful (to me) functions/ commands from H&S into S^3 but I have no idea how to do it.

(to be continued)

~ Blunter ~

Lab continued... Mostly images.

(I'll add more commentary later, if needed)

------------------------

Wansdorf-LabTest_26%252528OpenedC7-ClosedB1%252529.png

Fireman, it's not exactly what you proposed but...I tried.

Actually, when I get to building Egyptian mastabas or small pyramids I'll try to build a real lever-based puzzle... Indiana Jones style.

Mummified remains, green gaseous atmosphere (similar to "Titan Quest" but the Silent Storm way), wall art, caskets, and... a bunch of deadly traps.

Wansdorf-LabTest_27%252528GuardRoom%252529.png

There is quite a number of containers in this room. Loot ideas, anyone?

What would you expect to find here?

Wansdorf-LabTest_28%252528ArmoryStop-NoCode%252529.png

We already established you are not a hacker, Fritz. Stop living in the past. Move on, man.

Wansdorf-LabTest_29%252528OfficeBars-Down%252529.png

Another shield? What? This party segregation is anti-constitutional. To arms!

Wansdorf-LabTest_30%252528Office-GrabbingLabNotes%252529.png

...and here is our destination. The torture room is just for show, unless... nah...

Wansdorf-LabTest_30a%252528LabNotes-RPG-Item-Description%252529.png

I think this 'laborjournal' covers it nicely. But the following hint does it even better:

Wansdorf-LabTest_31%252528KrugerNotesHint-1%252529.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_32%252528KrugerNotesHint-2%252529.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_33%252528KrugerNotesHint-3%252529.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_34%252528KrugerNotesHint-4%252529.png

That's right, you can feel the noose tightening on the Professor's neck... not much yet... just a little bit...

...a tiny, little bit? No?

Ready for editing:

--------------------------------

KRUGER LAB NOTES

The lab notes you found in a secret bio-laboratory in Wansdorf occupied by a rogue scientist Dr. Kruger and his associates.

In several passages Kruger refers to someone called the Professor, who evidently hired Kruger to retrieve a sample of a strong mutagen from the lab. This Professor provided Kruger with an exact location of the facility, building schematics, and a rather generous financial support. Kruger wrote:

"Tuesday. Found the vent mentioned in the schematic the Professor gave me. Hopefully, that's the right place... Paid the owners to look the other way. While the husband is fine with the deal, his Frau doesn't seem to be."

"Thursday. Yes, this place is amazing... The technology is way advanced... Just need to restore the power and start looking around."

"Monday. A good day overall. Contacted some of my associates, found the missing key to the mutagen room and a passcode to the storage. The pipe looks sturdy but the switch is somewhat flimsy."

"Saturday. The growling is getting louder. What could that be? (handwriting changes) I can't believe it. She revoked my access to the property and hired some guards, for God's sake. Stupid woman! She'll pay for this, mark my words!"

A number of documents stamped "ZMX Projekt" describe its history, goals and chemistry. Apparently, the research was conducted by a group of German scientists and after a series of tests and revisions its final and the most potent version was named "ZMX-8".

According to the notes, ZMX chemical structure is nearly identical to one of the alkaloids from Vinca plants, native to Italy, Germany and France, widely used in cancer treatments. When metabolically altered, however, it turns into a mild neurotoxin with strong mutagenic properties.

Kruger's comments about the Professor suggest that his employer's interest in the substance goes beyond mere acquisition and studying. Although contagiosity and replication are frequently referenced in the text it is unclear as to the Professor's exact goals.

A number of lab sheets indicate that Kruger discovered some unusual effects ZMX had. He scribbled:

"My initial hypothesis was incorrect. As a result of that miscalculation I almost ran out of rats! I should have foreseen that repeated exposure to the electric current would only increase the mixture's mutagenic properties and...(Smudged)

That's right! One single charge, transforms it into a very powerful restorative solution. It appears to copy any given cell's information and completely restores it to its pre-damaged state... This is truly sensational, I could make a fortune on this. I'll need to patent it as soon as I get back to... (Smudged)"

Wansdorf-LabTest_35%252528BlueTapeRemovedSecurityDown%252529.png

That's when the zombified friends of ours are going to be let out.

Wansdorf-LabTest_36%252528Rushing-To-MedStorage%252529.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_37%252528MedStorage-Unlocked%252529.png

It's done to keep the player on their toes. ...I know, I know...it's somewhat cliche, frequently overused, and totally expected.

Wansdorf-LabTest_38%252528MedStorage-SparklerMessageFirstTouch%252529.png

It said one single charge... Let's see.

Wansdorf-LabTest_39%252528MedStorage-SparklerMessage2-NoZMX%252529.png

Oops!

Wansdorf-LabTest_40%252528MedStorage-DoneRegenAgent%252529.png

That glass cabinet breaks easily - be careful not to destroy it before getting the "Regenerative Agent".

Wansdorf-LabTest_41%252528MedStorage-DoneRegenAgenMessage%252529.png

Congratulations!

Wansdorf-LabTest_42%252528Armory-ScrapOnFloor%252529.png

Fritz wants to see what's behind that locked door. Who can blame him?

Wansdorf-LabTest_43%252528Armory-ScrapMessage%252529.png

The note disappears from out inventory as soon as we pick it up.

No worries, it's not essential.

Wansdorf-LabTest_44%252528Armory-UsedCode%252529.png

I tried to show all the new posters I introduced in this encounter but my PSP 8 crashed and took all that hard work with it...

(yes, I was a bit... ah! really mad!) It's a great program but it does have an odd occasional memory leak problem... whatever...

Wansdorf-LabTest_45%252528Armory-Loot%252529.png

Ja! We'll be able to upgrade this puppy later at the American HQ in West Berlin (Lt. McCormick is going to be our repair-and-upgrade man).

Wansdorf-LabTest_46%252528Exit-B-Message%252529.png

There you have it. smile.png

Wansdorf-LabTest_47%252528Lab-SpoilsMajorMinor%252529.png

Time for a break. Have fun!

(to be continued)

~ Blunter ~

So, here crits problem I've spoke before. In one of 2 cases crit check shall pass(don't know if it looks for < or > chance to roll), but in both cases no crit status inflicted. On 1 load it worked, but it seems when I loaded saved game after that - crits became broken. Have no any idea, why. Maybe it's steam version problem, but it's small chance, as I remember same problem was with my cd-version. At the same time, it seems my soldiers can get anything but VP crits(decreased accuracy, etc), they don't get "blind", "deaf", etc statuses, which were implemented in S3.

https://i57.tinypic.com/atgcj.jpg

https://i59.tinypic.com/oterrs.jpg

And one more - as I think, it's bit gamebroking, when you able to hire character with such weapons as mg-42, ak, RPD - they are engame guns, while you able get them at the very start. Probably it'll be better give them low-tir weaponary and decreased cost. Actually, I prefer all hire personal became level 1, at the cost 5-10k and lowest tier weaponary, so you cant get everything-obliterated scouts at the very start, Hide system broke game enough even in midgame, thats why I've suggested H&S system before.

Some edits are in red below (mostly rewording or adding commas):

Wansdorf Lab DLG 1 (edits):

WansdorfLab_Dlg1:

Guard (F): (Scared) Did you hear that? I swear I heard something!

Guard (M): Oh, not again! First, you get us locked out of the hall, then you break the generator switch, and now you complain about someone trying to get you, huh?

Guard (F): It wasn't my fault the generator stopped working!

Guard (M): Like hell it wasn't! If you didn't remove that shiny piece from the switch, we wouldn't be stuck in the dark, cut off from the rest of the team.

Guard (F): You're such an ass! Why do I ever agree to go with you?

Guard (M): Just stop complaining and help me look for spare parts. There's got to be something around here that'll start the generator back up again.

Guard (F): Fine! *Pauses* But what about that regenerative sample Kruger needed? He's going to be pissed off if we don't have it.

Guard (M): (Angrily) Sure, what about it? The ZMX room is locked, the storage room is barred, and the lab is on the other side of this god-damned crypt!

Guard (F): (Thinking) Well, you know I can lock-pick the door, and you can grab the sample--

Guard (M): And then what? Carry it around? Are you out of your mind? Besides, it needs the 'sparkler' from the storage room to be of any use.

Guard (F): Dammit, I forgot about that! (Demoralized) Why do I always screw up?

Guard (M): Hey, hey! Keep your chin up, we've been through worse. As long as we keep those "Testpersonen" doors locked, we can figure something out.

Guard (F): *Nods* You're right. Let's get on with it.

KRUGER LAB NOTES

These are the lab notes you found in a secret bio-laboratory in Wansdorf occupied by a rogue scientist Dr. Kruger and his associates.

In several passages Kruger refers to someone called the Professor, who evidently hired Kruger to retrieve a sample of a strong mutagen from the lab. This Professor provided Kruger with an exact location of the facility, building schematics, and a rather generous amount of financial support. Kruger wrote:

"Tuesday. Found the vent mentioned in the schematic the Professor gave me. Hopefully, that's the right place... Paid the owners to look the other way. While the The husband is fine with the deal but his Frau doesn't seem to be pleased..."

"Thursday. Yes This place is amazing! The technology is way advanced... Just need to restore the power and start looking around."

"Monday. A good day overall. Contacted some of my associates, found the missing key to the mutagen room and a passcode to the storage. The pipe looks sturdy but the switch is somewhat flimsy."

"Saturday. The growling is getting louder. What could that be? (handwriting changes) I can't believe it. For God's sake, She revoked my access to the property and hired some guards! Stupid woman! She'll pay for this, mark my words."

There are a number of documents stamped "ZMX Projekt" describing the lab's history, goals and chemistry. Apparently, the research was conducted by a group of German scientists revolved around a test chemical. After a series of tests and revisions, a final and the most newly developed potent version of the test chemical was named "ZMX-8".

According to the notes, ZMX chemical structure is nearly identical to one of the alkaloids derived from Vinca plants, native to Italy, Germany and France. The alkaloid was widely used in cancer treatments. When metabolically altered, however, it turns into a mild neurotoxin with strong mutagenic properties.

Kruger's comments about the Professor suggest that his employer's interest in the substance goes beyond mere acquisition and studying. Although Contagiosity and replication are frequently referenced in the text; however, it is unclear as to what the Professor's exact goals are.

A number of lab sheets indicate that Kruger discovered some unusual effects that the ZMX had. He scribbled:

"My initial hypothesis was incorrect. As a result of that miscalculation, I almost ran out of rats! I should have foreseen that repeated exposure to the electric current would only increase the mixture's mutagenic properties and...(Smudged)

That's right! One single charge, transforms it into a very powerful restorative solution. It appears to copy any given cell's information and completely restores it to its pre-damaged state... This is truly sensational, I could make a fortune on this. I'll need to patent it as soon as I get back to... (Smudged)"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This should be the end of the initial drafts for edits. Tell me if anything seems off or if you want to rewrite that one paragraph with multiple edits.

Blunter, your mod is very great! Thank you for much! This is mod doing game more difficult, more replayability, more interesting. Where you done this mod, you planning somewhat create you own turn-based game? I'm thinking this is project be a needed.

Thank you and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Errr, I like your mod very much (just from the pictures, failed to install it.)

The file "sentinels.db" seems to have some problem.

If i put this file from bluntermod v2.4 into the folder and replace the original one, the game would be unable to start.

If I don't use the file from the mod, I couldn't find the fancy uniforms from the base armory seller.

My S^3 is the version bought and downloaded from STEAM. My PC OS are win7 and win8.

I want to know what can be done to file "sentinels.db" is not that important? Could you please give me some clue? Thank you so much! I would be so grateful!

All right, I'm almost done with the Wansdorf encounter.

Most of the screens below are from the actual game. I couldn't do the cut-scene and dialog screenshots - so those were taken when running "Manor", "Mines" and "Lab" in the editor...

After struggling with preventing the player from leaving before all the objectives were completed I decided to go in a different direction and utilize the hard coded conditions that the objectives system brings to the table... Yes, I ended up implementing the objectives in Wansdorf from start to finish. They hold your hand when you are lost, they cheer for you when feel sad and most importantly they stop you from leaving before you did your chores err... finished the main objective(s)...

SetLeaveZoneMode(true/false) didn't seem to do it for me in a multi sub-zone environment. The objectives system, on the other hand, did exactly what I wanted. I remember being afraid of touching those, primarily because I thought they were intimately connected to the original scenario. I guess I was wrong... and that, ladies and gentlemen, turned out to be a good thing.

The Chapter Map view:

Z-GameManor-1%252528ChapterMap%252529.png

Another tourist attraction in Brandenburg. Let's go and check it out.

Wansdorf_Manor_0%252528PWLt%252529.png

I had a darker version, but this one seemed to fit the foggy night lighting better.

Z-GameManor-2%252528CutSceneManor%252529.png

The driver is busy doing something with the canisters while the under-boss looter is... checking on the progress of their operation.

Z-GameManor-3%252528DialogueLootrerToDriver%252529.png

Time is money. Everyone knows that!

Except for the driver, of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ready for editing:

WansdorfManor_Dlg1 (this is the dialogue's xls. code, it doesn't need editing).

Looter: Why's it taking you so long? When're you gonna finish loading?.. C'mon! They're almost done in there.

Driver: I'm nearly out of gas, need to fill up first.

Looter: Fine, but you'll have to do one more run after that. Schnell!

Z-GameManor-3a%252528Dialogue1End%252529.png

Ja! Schnell! You lazy bum!

Z-GameManor-3b%252528Dialogue2%252529.png

And now the tone is different. These two are obviously buddies. The fancy shmancy one is definitely the boss (methinks).

--------------------------------------------------------

Ready for editing:

WansdorfManor_Dlg2

Boss: Have you seen her yet? It's been over an hour…

Looter: The nurse? Nah, after I caught her sneaking into the mines, I don't think she's gonna show up.

Boss: You're probably right. Dammit! I can't believe I fell for her little story… and now this business with the owners. What a mess!

Looter: (Thinking) Boss, you don't think the nurse was working for Kruger, do you? I mean, he was the one who 'hired' us to take care of the Frau and her husband.

Boss: I doubt it. But if he finds out what we're up to...(Shrugging) I just don't want any surprises.

Looter: We'll deal with him and his guards. I already sent a few men in to secure the mines.

Boss: Good, just finish cleaning it up over here and we'll be ready to join them. I'll go and get the rest of the stuff we found upstairs.

Looter: You got it, boss.

Z-GameManor-4%252528Objectives%252529.png

Think of these as your guide, perhaps a parent or better as government. It cares about you, it tells you what to think, it watches your every step, it punishes you if you stray away and it pats you on your back when you did good. It's perfect! What's there not to like? (I know, I know, don't start...)

Z-GameManor-5%252528Start%252529.png

Toby and the gang are ready for action.

Z-GameManor-6%252528PickingOfficeLock%252529.png

That's right. You can run, but you can't hide from us... Did he really hide in the office? Unthinkable!

Generally, I try to lock as many doors and objects as I can. Aside from benefiting our engineers and their skills, it also helps create some interesting twists in the story...

Z-GameManor-7%252528MurderedOwnerOffice%252529.png

I had an idea about making the owner and the striped dude - friends or military buddies or something, but...ah! Enough distractions...

Z-GameManor-8%252528LooterBossNote%252529.png

Hmm... Shady deals, infidelity, backstabbing and... death, of course.

----------------------------------------------------

Ready for editing:

Scribbles.

The note you found on one of the looters in Wansdorf.

Most of the writing is illegible or smudged except for a few lines you manage to discern:

"She pays me to guard...(smudged) pays to kill her. ...be easy choice to...(smudged)"

"(ripped) the floor collapsed I wonder what's in there (smudged) ...screw Kruger, we're going in."

Z-GameManor-9%252528MurderedOwnerBedroom%252529.png

That's what I am wondering: "What the hell happened here?"

Z-GameManor-10%252528MistressJournal%252529.png

Ready for editing:

-------------------------------------------

Owner's Journal

The journal is relatively new and covers only several months of the manor's mistress' life.

While being full of trivial observations, unremarkable social events and usual lamentations one would expect from a surviving member of Brandenburg upper class, some more pertinent information towards the end catches your attention.

Apparently, three weeks ago the owners had been contacted by a botanist, Herr Kruger, who offered them quite a bit of money to allow him access to their land. He would come and go as he pleased, bringing other researchers along.

But something didn't sit right with the mistress and she gradually became suspicious of Kruger's activities. A few days ago the owners revoked Kruger's access to their lands and even hired someone to look after the property.

The last entry is unfinished:

"...if he leaves that fancy striped suit of his in my bedroom again... my husband is going to kill us..."

Z-GameManor-11%252528ColtNewService%252529.png

I thought about naming it an "Army Pistol" or "Collector's Edition" but... hey. If you guys can come up with something better. Shoot!

Z-GameManor-12%252528TreasureBox%252529.png

I couldn't stand the green (or the brown, or whatever other textures they had for the small chests) - not for urban, affluent, residential areas. Here is the result... a new 'treasure chest' was born.

Z-GameManor-13%252528TobyThePrincess%252529.png

Shrek would approve, don't you think?

Z-GameManor-14%252528TheVentIsBarred%252529.png

The vent is scripted to give us different answers. But it won't let us go anywhere until we get to the lab level to "clear" whatever it is that prevents us from using it. Well, the trick was to use two vents: the "usable" on top and the "passage" one underneath it. Once we come back the "usable" gets removed permanently and the "passage" object becomes available for moving between the manor and the lab sub-zones (instead of going all the way through the mines again).

Z-GameManor-15%252528DownIntoTheMines%252529.png

It's time to proceed...

Tsy,

Thank you for editing. That was some great work. Mucho appreciado! smile.png

I have more stuff for you to tear apart, when you have time.

VB,

The problem with criticals disappearing/not working after reloading has been brought up before. I don't know its origins or inner mechanisms.

I know it doesn't happen when playing the original without any mods activated. You might want to try and experiment with SetMaxCriticalSeverity(nSeverity) or I'll look into that later when I have time.

About hiding - I am working on creating a balanced hiding system:

- ability to hide anytime

- depending on the enemy type (experience and profession, I guess) staying hidden should differ. Boss and under-boss types will spot us much quicker. I always give them boosts to everything.

- enemy alertness should affect our ability to stay undetected as well, etc.

- insane stealth values for scouts and Shade have been cut.

I am still working on it...

I thought about making all the mercenaries the same level as well. Hmm... Interesting.

orc,

I appreciate your compliments and enthusiasm about my work.

Thank you.

hippo,

Thanks.

Installation:

- download the rar. archive

- extract it in your sentinels main directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\????....) so that you have a BlunterMod_v2.4 folder in there with all the necessary files in it.

No need to overwrite anything. All of the files and folders in the BlunterMod_v2.4 folder are essential.

- activate the mod in "Custom"

- start a new campaign.

(to be continued)

~ Blunter ~

While collecting and organizing all the screenshots I remembered the Loot screen problem many testers pointed out. Well, I wrote a short script for 'Wansdorf', hopefully it will address that issue.

I'll report the results after testing it in-game.

Moving along.

The mines:

Wansdorf_Mines_0%252528PWL%252529.png

It looks a bit stretched and pixelated on my 24"... will probably change it to something else later.

After loading the sub-zone we find ourselves at the mine entrance. A short cut-scene (not really a scene) delivers a cacophony of yelling and growling sounds, interspersed with random gun shots coming from the mine. After a few seconds we hear a horrifying scream, more shots, something that sounds like a male dying and soon after that a zombie dying sound, followed by a: "This is your last day on earth" ack from a German elite soldier acknowledgment arsenal (hand-picked for this very occasion)...yup, yup!

Z-GameMines-1%252528EnterObjectivesUpdate%252529.png

The Big Brother recognizes our successful descent with a timely Objective Update.

The mines are patrolled by the looters. There aren't very many of them, but they are not push overs either. They all get the "Grunt" perk tree. The perks are distributed at the start, immediately after the cut-scene is over.

Z-GameMines-2%252528SentryClueless%252529.png

While testing, I had a funny moment when all my units fired at the same time at the sentry and missed. Naturally, the enemy interrupted, turned around and threw a m-24 grenade at my party. Toby was the first to visit Valhalla.

Z-GameMines-3%252528ElevatorTemplateAndScreens%252529.png

Those who love using engineers, please raise your hand... err... how about your foot, in case your hands are not available, ...your ears, no?

Eyebrows?... Well, the point is they were completely underutilized in the original and while S^3 did attempt to find something for them to do (A.B.R.S. and the London bombing mission) they were always overshadowed by the snipers, the scouts and the soldiers (in their usefulness to the party). I try to rectify that by creating all these extra tasks and activities.

When pressing that button we get alerted to the sad state of affairs the mine is in:

Z-GameMines-3a%252528ElevatorFixItMessage%252529.png

...coincidentally, a new optional objective pops up:

Z-GameMines-4%252528ExploreMinesObjectiveAdded%252529.png

And when Toby tries to fix it a sad and whiny sound informs her of the futility of her efforts.

Z-GameMines-5%252528BetterEngineeringRequired%252529.png

The message on the screen only confirms Toby's fears.

She quickly regroups and delegates... Holly is in charge of the mine renovation now:

Z-GameMines-6%252528Great-FixedElevator%252529.png

That shaft leads to the "-2" floor where a tough indestructible industrial door will block our way. Better have those lock picks ready. (a.k.a. "picklocks" - the way they were called in the editor).

Let's take a ride:

Z-GameMines-7%252528DownAtTrappedLooter%252529.png

We hear elevator sounds and find ourselves at the bottom floor.

Poor soul. I always found it disturbing when someone got stuck somewhere without any hope of getting out (especially knowing that the exit wasn't that far away). But in this case, we can be pretty darn certain that Trapped Looter got what he deserved.

Hmm... Just realized something. He's supposed to be dead, yet he's got 174/174 HPs.

Gotta correct that. I'll make him player 2, so that the health distribution for the rest of the PlayerGetUnits(1) doesn't affect him.

Silly Willy...

Z-GameMines-8%252528DoorIsLocked%252529.png

As long as we have Holly and our trusted lock picks we should be OK.

Aha! Bingo!

Z-GameMines-9%252528SecretAreaFound%252529.png

A bunch of gold nuggets, engineering parts and materials, Splittermuster camos. Nice!

Z-GameMines-9a%252528SecretAreaFoundObjUpdate%252529.png

The ever-watchful eye of the Objectives Deity bestows its benevolence upon us.

Z-GameMines-10%252528GoingBackUp%252529.png

...exploring the rest of the mine - leads us to the "-1" floor area, connected to the Lab Guard Station. There we'll find the one who was causing all the ruckus earlier. Tsk, tsk...

Z-GameMines-11%252528DeadTestSubject%252529.png

You no gut. Bad zombie!

Z-GameMines-12%252528LockedGuardStationDoor%252529.png

...that's not the way to get to the lab. But interesting... nonetheless.

Z-GameMines-13%252528FinalDescent%252529.png

There were a few sneaky Looters hiding behind a locked door. ...we took good care of them.

(to be continued)

~ Blunter ~

I am glad it worked out for you, hippo. Have fun!

Now, I had to change a few things in the lab. Nothing drastic, just several minor adjustments and debugging.

- Moved the green data device to one of the lab guards' inventories (otherwise, it would sometimes randomly disappear from the key box on the wall in the server room)

- Gave the Blue Perforated Tape (needed for the ATP activation) to Kruger and slightly re-scripted the last part of the encounter.

- Now objectives show up when they were due and not overlap with some of the other message pop-ups, kinda make it flow instead of 'twitch'.

- Made solo provisions for those who like punishment and insist on going solo. They'd have to 'sacrifice' the green tape found in the server room in order to deactivate the B1, C7 and C9 barred/ shielded gates. Of course, I'd have to implement that change anyway, since one would get stuck at the "Lab" level if they lost the remaining squad mates after entering the laboratory. (Button pushing in the generator room requires that someone stay behind.)

- Locked most doors.

- Added a key to one of the tougher lab guard's (accounting for scenarios where one might not have any engineering supplies or the necessary skills to open essential doors)

- 7 test subjects were added. 4 weak, 2 average and 1 boss. They enjoy the "Zombified" perk tree and are purely melee oriented. Even though they grab whatever guns they see - they are horrible shots.

By the way, contrary to the popular belief - one doesn't get any more XP from going alone... The amount of the experience does get modified by that character's intelligence, though...

...and now to the images:

Wansdorf-Lab_00%252528PWL%252529.png

That's the one I am currently using for the lab's PWL (Please Wait Loading). I made another one as well:

Wansdorf-Lab_00a%252528PWL-alt%252529.png

...but I liked the first one better.

I already posted the detailed sequence of events and messages a few posts back, so I'll just concentrate on the changes and the Objectives system here.

During the cut-scene we receive a message about having to find another way out and listen to the lab guards' dialogue.

Z-GameZMXLab-1%252528Cutscene%252529.png

I didn't add any facial animations here because of the masks... kind of defeats the purpose of animating if one can't witness those animations...

(see post #926 for the dialog text...)

The objectives are updated:

Z-GameZMXLab-2%252528ObjectivesUpdated%252529.png

...to partially reflect what we've just heard.

Z-GameZMXLab-3%252528DisposingOfSentries%252529.png

Z-GameZMXLab-4%252528FixGeneratorObjUpdate%252529.png

Sometimes I used ShowObjectives() for them to pop on the screen (usually when the coast was clear) and sometimes they would update in the background.

Z-GameZMXLab-5%252528FixGeneratorObjUpdateScreen%252529.png

Reminded me of "Robin Hood's" Prince John: That insolent blackguard. Oooh! I'll show him who wears the crown!... Kill him! Don't stand there, kill him!

Right, the solo play accommodations.

Z-GameZMXLab-5a%252528SoloProvisions%252529.png

Z-GameZMXLab-5b%252528SoloProvisionsGenMessage%252529.png

This message (and the choice) will only pop-up if GroupCanFightSize(GetParty()) == 1 meaning that the only member we'd have left in the party were our main character.

Z-GameZMXLab-5c%252528SoloProvisionsMessageGatesDisabled%252529.png

...off you go green data thingie... fare thee well...

Z-GameZMXLab-5d%252528SoloProvisionsBlueDestroyed%252529.png

...regrettably so...

Z-GameZMXLab-6%252528DeadKruger%252529.png

The monster's been slain, Your Excellency!

Z-GameZMXLab-7%252528FinalSwitchNeedACode%252529.png

Never-mind the mines, I'm just being overly cautious.

Z-GameZMXLab-8%252528PickUpLaborJournal%252529.png

Picking up the "Laborjournal" (Lab Notes) gives us the codes but in order to leave we'd need to pick up the tape as well (Dr. Kruger drops it now)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ready for editing:

Kruger's Notebook

The lab notes you found in a secret bio-laboratory in Wansdorf, at the time occupied by a rogue scientist Dr. Kruger and his associates.

The notes describe how Dr. Kruger discovered the laboratory, his goals, methods and findings.

Some of the text refers to the doctor's employer named The Professor. His specific goals and location are not revealed in any of the documents.

Apparently, one of Kruger's primary objectives was to obtain and experiment with a mutagenic substance called ZMX. In one of his trials he appeared to have discovered that exposure to a strong electrical current changes ZMX into a potent restorative agent.

The rest of the notebook is filled with various chemical equations, mathematical calculations, Kruger's complains about the lab and the issues he encountered with the owners of the manor. It also contains code sequences for the exit switch and the medical storage area.

You should definitely hold on to these documents.

Z-GameZMXLab-9%252528PickUpLaborJournalObjUpdate%252529.png

Easy peasy...well, after we deal with the monster infestation.

Z-GameZMXLab-10%252528TestpersonenInfestation%252529.png

Letting them get close is a bad idea. If they don't pop our head like a watermelon they'll make our characters unconscious or crippled...

I wonder if the one in the hat can be differentiated from the rest as an "Enraged Test Subject", or "Putrid...", "???..."...

Z-GameZMXLab-11%252528BossTestSubjectScrapPaper%252529.png

The homeless model was used for that. I could make the stripes a bit lighter and more blue, but I didn't want them all look like sailors.

Z-GameZMXLab-12%252528FinderKeepersOffSauer%252529.png

Z-GameZMXLab-13%252528GettingRegenAgent-Z-Key%252529.png

It opens the ZMX, Med Storage and the Office doors.

Z-GameZMXLab-14%252528LastObjUpdate%252529.png

Since Holly was currently residing on Klaus' shoulder we couldn't unlock the armory door (diff: 100).

Z-GameZMXLab-15%252528BackToManorThruVent%252529.png

...the vent can be used now to travel between the "Manor" and the "Lab" sub-zones with no problems.

Z-GameZMXLab-16%252528SomeLoot%252529.png

I know. I couldn't resist. smile.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I gotta go.

Let me know what you think, folks.

(to be continued)

~ Blunter ~

Ekhm, may I suggest an idea?

Maybe increase damage for all weapons? I love realistic and always games with 200% weapons damage. Silent Storms: Sentinels with bad gradation - MP-38 needed 3-4 automatic fire for killing enemy. Maybe you can create mini addon for increase damage?

"Kataklismik,

The solution I posted in my reply earlier might not work for you (in the long run as you might end up with mismatched global variables).

What clues did you find in "Counterfeit"? Currently there are 6 sets of them, each leading to different outcomes."

Hello again,

It did work temporarily, but now I am stuck again. I completed the railroad encounter: I identified the correct mole, saved both agents, and the journal entry reflects this. However, I have "nothing to report" to Herr Lander and received no reward (that I am aware of). I received the key for the mines (no map marker) and the marker for the brewery at Bernau (which is just a marker). No other location markers have appeared.

I don't really remember which items I found; I still have the bloodstained note. Anyways, great work with the mod and has been really fun and interesting.

Edits are here! I have looked over the requested sections. Let me know if I missed a section to edit. Additionally, I have included comments to ask for clarification. They will be designated by (E.N. text here). E.N. is for Editor Note.

Kruger's Notebook

These are the lab notes you found in a secret bio-laboratory in Wansdorf, at the time occupied by a rogue scientist, Dr. Kruger, and his associates.

The notes describe how Dr. Kruger discovered the laboratory as well as his goals, methods and findings.

Some of the text refers to the doctor's employer named The Professor. His specific goals and location are not revealed in any of the documents.

Apparently, one of Kruger's primary objectives was to obtain and experiment with a mutagenic substance called ZMX. In one of his trials, he appeared to have discovered that exposure to a strong electrical current changes ZMX into a potent restorative agent.

The rest of the notebook is filled with various chemical equations, mathematical calculations, Kruger's complaints about the lab and the issues he encountered with the owners of the manor. It also contains code sequences for the exit switch and the medical storage area.

You should definitely hold on to these documents.

(E.N.--This is much better!)

Owner's Journal

The journal is relatively new and covers only several months of the manor's mistress' life.

While being full of trivial observations, unremarkable social events and usual lamentations one would expect from a surviving member of Brandenburg upper class, some more pertinent information towards the end catches your attention.

Apparently, Three weeks ago, the owners had been contacted by a botanist, Herr Kruger, who offered them quite a bit of money to allow him access to their land. He would come and go as he pleased, bringing other researchers along with him.

But Something didn't sit right with the mistress and she gradually became suspicious of Kruger's activities. A few days ago, the owners revoked Kruger's access to their lands and even hired someone to look after guard the property.

The last entry is unfinished:

"...if he leaves that fancy striped suit of his in my bedroom again... my husband is going to kill us..."

(E.N. --what does she mean with her final comment? Is she having an affair or is Kruger setting her up?)

~~~~

The note you found on one of the looters in Wansdorf.

Most of the writing is illegible or smudged except for a few lines you manage to discern:

"She pays me to guard...(smudged) pays to kill her. ...be easy choice to...(smudged)"

"(ripped) the floor collapsed I wonder what's in there (smudged) ...screw Kruger, we're going in."

~~~~~~

WansdorfManor_Dlg2

Boss: Have you seen her yet? It's been over an hour…

Looter: The nurse? Nah, after I caught her sneaking into the mines, I don't think she's gonna show up.

Boss: You're probably right. Dammit! I can't believe I fell for her little story… and now this business with the owners. What a mess!

Looter: (Thinking) Boss, you don't think the nurse was working for Kruger, do you? I mean, he was the one who 'hired' us to take care of the Frau and her husband.

Boss: I doubt it. But if he finds out what we're up to...(Shrugging) I just don't want any surprises.

Looter: We'll deal with him and his guards. I already sent a few men in to secure the mines.

Boss: Good, just finish cleaning it up over here and we'll be ready to join them. I'll go and get the rest of the stuff we found upstairs.

Looter: You got it, boss.

(E.N.--I am confused. The looter was the guard and also hired by Kruger? But now the looters are rebelling against Kruger? Is this a correct perception of the faction divisions?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright. Finished with this batch. I included little notes to seek clarification as some of the text seemed contradictory. Also, will the notes and journals be removed from the player's inventory? Considering how many there are in the mod, it may build up a little too much.

Additional editing!

Ready for editing:

WansdorfManor_Dlg1 (this is the dialogue's xls. code, it doesn't need editing).

Looter: Why is it taking you so long? When are you gonna finish loading? C'mon! They are almost done in there.

Driver: I'm nearly out of gas. I need to fill up first.

Looter: Fine, but you'll have to do one more run after that. Schnell!

Thanks for the feedback, folks.

Tsy,

Thank you for editing, Tsy. All the recommended edits have been entered. Gracias!

I am not sure what to do with all the extra documents and clues. Maybe bring them to the local authorities/ police and file a report - for a fixed amount of XP per report, or submit the found evidence one piece at a time - for a small amount of XP per item or both? We could even add a police liaison/ representative to the base for that I suppose.

The mistress was having an affair with the striped man. Do you think I need to make it more obvious?

The documents we find at the clinic and in Wansdorf should imply or point to:

- There is some kind of a secret facility in Wansdorf (from the Nurse's Diary).

- Professor's henchman named Kruger is looking for a lab in Wandsorf (from Lab Notes and Mistress' Journal)

- Kruger pretends to be a botanist and pays the manor owners to look the other way (from Lab Notes and Mistress' Journal)

- Kruger brings his own associates to the lab but is soon blocked from easily accessing it from the surface (from Lab Notes and Mistress' Journal )

- The mistress hires guards and starts having an affair with their leader, the striped dude. (From Mistress' Journal)

- The striped dude is paid to eliminate the owners, possibly by Kruger (from striped dude's note), he also gets tricked by the nurse who he might have had an affair with as well?.. (from Dialog 2)

- The striped dude double-crosses Kruger and after killing the owners decides to go and check out the lab himself (from striped dude's note and Dialog 2)

- We arrive and convince them that early retirement is a better deal for all of them.

VB,

I wish I knew what caused that strange phenomenon with the criticals. I'd fix it in a heartbeat.

orc,

I'd postpone the weapon damage modification till later time. There are several reasons for that:

- it's a lot of work to re-balance all the weapons in the game, as I am afraid that simply increasing the Min-Max Dam by x 2 is not going to be the end of it.

- some weapons are 'designed' to be somewhat useless. I suspect the whole MP line belongs to that category. 'Fixing' (changing) them might not resolve any of the perceived weapon damage vs. enemy hit-point pool inconsistencies. If we wanted to make the combat deadlier I guess reducing everyone's or enemies' HPs might be an easier way to address it, though...

I'll have to think about it.

P.s.: Well, keep in mind most of the stuff I am working on right now is experimental in nature and can and most likely will be changed or re-adjusted as we go along...

Kataklismik,

Thanks.

So, you didn't get Zepernick marker? Hmm... Which path did you take? (Falkensee >> Bredow or Paretz >> Blumberg)

Did you try using the Brandenburg camp zone to travel to Lt. Col.'s HQ?

Bernau is not ready yet.

P.S.2: Just finished testing the uiShowLoot() in-game after Wansdorf - Success! Attaching it to OnExit() as a dialogue choice instead of OnRealExit() as one of the steps did the job... :)

(to be continued)

~ Blunter ~

Blunter,

Thanks for the help and sorry if my info is incomplete or useless. Here is some more details.

I have never been to Falkensee (no marker).

I never received "Debrief 2" or got the "Protector"

I cannot enter Mikhalev's Base from the the Brandenburg camp tunnels ( I can attempt to pick the locked door to got the dialog message asking if I want to travel there; nothing happens if I answer yes or no).

I am not 100% which path I took. (I let the guy go at the giant shootout, defended the railroad delivery, and exposed the mole with saving the officers)

I am using no other mods.

I like long walks on the beach and listening to Al Green.

Kataklismik,

Type these in your console window:

x=GetGlobalGameVar("DanSpirit","0")

Press Enter

out(x)

Press Enter

and

y=GetGlobalGameVar("DanSurvival","0")

Press Enter

out(y)

Press Enter

if x=1 and y=1 then type this:

ScenarioAddVisibleZone("FalkenseeIntact")

Press Enter

if x=1 and y=2 then type this:

ScenarioAddVisibleZone("FalkenseeEvacuated")

Press Enter

if x=2 and y=1 then type this:

ScenarioAddVisibleZone("ParetzAmbush")

Press Enter

if x=2 and y=2 then type this:

ScenarioAddVisibleZone("ParetzDrugDeal")

Press Enter

That will help you continue with the scenario.

Let me know if you encounter any problems with those variables.

(to be continued)

~ Blunter ~

Also, sir Blunter, what yoy thinking about economics aspect. Maybe increase price weapon(for buy) and decrease for sale? Also, maybe doing normal and other mag's very high price, and cheap surplus mag's? This is doing game more difficylty.Sorry for my bad english.