New S^3 Mod "All Uniforms" in development (feedback is welcome)

• Please log in to reply
1042 replies to this topic

#221 Fireman

Fireman

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostTokyoRose, on 09 April 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

Open console: PlayerGiveMoney(0,99999999)

That'll cover your fashion expenses Posted Image

Doh, and there I was giving myself Scoped Energy Guns to sell, while this was a command as well :P

#222 Mr. Shadow

Mr. Shadow

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hi, I registered on this site to participate in this thread. I saw the new uniforms and I must say, that are well done. I also read that you also want to make new uniforms for the Allies, who in my opinion, the original uniforms are horrible. I would like to propose some ideas for new uniforms, unfortunately, there are few of ideas, and are not very good at drawing but I'm exercising, what I can offer are kind of concept art taken from some other video games. I also read that you are creating a new campaign for Sentinels, I read also the subject of Lt. Havoc, I find it interesting.

#223 BlunterII

BlunterII

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

View PostMr. Shadow, on 10 April 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

Hi, I registered on this site to participate in this thread. I saw the new uniforms and I must say, that are well done. I also read that you also want to make new uniforms for the Allies, who in my opinion, the original uniforms are horrible. I would like to propose some ideas for new uniforms, unfortunately, there are few of ideas, and are not very good at drawing but I'm exercising, what I can offer are kind of concept art taken from some other video games. I also read that you are creating a new campaign for Sentinels, I read also the subject of Lt. Havoc, I find it interesting.

Thank you and welcome to the thread, Mr. Shadow.
I agree the Allied uniforms could be impoved. Which ones were you thinking about specifically?

I am working on the zombie encounter right now and will get back to making new uniforms after that.

@Lt. Which models do you think I should use for the female uniforms. I could use Female Sentinel ones again, I guess (I am already planning to use it for the Nazi babe you posted with the Splittermuster 43 you shared with me). I remember someone proposed the Allied Scout female model...

@Ecthel. DW female officer? Which model would fit the image you have in mind?

Building custom encounters takes a bit longer. Please, be patient. Posted Image
I am pulling a lot of resources from my previous unbublished works. It is a lot of material to sort through and import.

P.S. I changed the database values to 1700000. The next version of "All Uniforms" should not conflict with "Random Storm". The offending entries were found and deleted with extreme prejudice.

~Blunter~

- BlunterMod v 2.4 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) (5 versions of Splittermuster 45 uniform, unique versions of existing weapons, multiple game play changes, all default REs are scripted now, new lighting, several new scripted REs, HE rounds are temporarily gone - converted to 'surplus' ammo instead, 3 new enemy classes ("Grunt", "Zombie", "PK Operator"), all PKs have been overhauled (stronger, better, faster, auto-destruct) and a Soviet Intel subplot featuring Lt. Colonel Mikhalev from H&S ~ 7 missions) + v 2.3 full (without HE rounds)

- BlunterMod v2.3 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) ---4 more uniforms, 1 new ammo type and a new weapon added, "Castle Linden" random crash fixed, a new area "The Bank" added to the Sentinel base, and various other changes + v 2.2 full (see ReadMe file for more info)

- BlunterMod v 2.2 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 20 new ammo types added (AP, HE, API, JHP), 7 unique weapons added, New RPG money items created, German Soldier Class characterss don't wear goggles + v 2.1 (full but without game-breaking bugs, hopefully)

- All Uniforms v 2.1 DO NOT USE (bugged) --- A Wave Defense "Castle" encounter, ammo and weapon name fixes, cheaper surplus uniforms, binoculars fix + v 2.0 (full)

- All Uniforms v 2.0 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 108 more uniforms + binoculars + v1.0 uniforms and changes (ReadMe for v 2.0)

- All Uniforms v 1.0 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 78 new uniforms (available from the base seller, prices vary) + various gameplay changes

- Silent Storm on Steam Greenlight has been approved 08/28/13!

- Available for purchase on Steam - "Silent Storm" + "Sentinels" page

~Blunter~

#224 Ecthel013

Ecthel013

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Maybe the Female Axis Medic? Only female model I know of that has both a longcoat and pants.

#225 TokyoRose

TokyoRose

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Blunter:

Would it be possible to make these variations?

Allies Male Sniper Uniform (getitem 548): Night Camo (black), Desert Camo and Winter Camo variations

Commando Overalls (getitem 650): Night Camo (black), Desert Camo and Winter Camo variations

#226 Lt.Havoc

Lt.Havoc

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

Good idea TokyoRose, we could need more of those. I also say that the German Female Soldier Uniform could use some variants, just like the Axis Female Scout uniform. The Soldier uniform should use of course german camos, the scout uniform could get the Italian camo among the camos, that would mean we have lots more female uniforms by just adding camo variants to these.

P.S. I changed the database values to 1700000. The next version of "All Uniforms" should not conflict with "Random Storm". The offending entries were found and deleted with extreme prejudice.
Many thanks!
"War. War never changes"

#227 TokyoRose

TokyoRose

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Possible bug: Using All Uniforms 2.0 (and no other mods) my sniper no longer uses the sniper stance when shooting. He shoots like a regular character.

I tried starting a new campaign to test this. Any ideas for a quick fix? The sniper has always been my main character, and he just doesn't look "sniper-y" when using a regular pose.

#228 Lt.Havoc

Lt.Havoc

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Now that you say it, you are right, say have you tried to use non modded clothing to see if they use sniper stances? Does S3 even still use the special sniper animations? But yeah I have the same "problem" that the snipers do not use speical sniper animation, but it seems to to effect gameplay in any way.
"War. War never changes"

#229 TokyoRose

TokyoRose

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

I haven't experimented too much. My main character is wearing the default Male Allies Sniper uniform. I haven't changed his uniform.

#230 BlunterII

BlunterII

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

View PostEcthel013, on 11 April 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Maybe the Female Axis Medic? Only female model I know of that has both a longcoat and pants.

All right, Ecthel, I'll see if I can make a DW officer out of that model.

View PostTokyoRose, on 11 April 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

Blunter:

Would it be possible to make these variations?

Allies Male Sniper Uniform (getitem 548): Night Camo (black), Desert Camo and Winter Camo variations

Commando Overalls (getitem 650): Night Camo (black), Desert Camo and Winter Camo variations

What texture would you suggest for the Desert and Winter Camos, TR?

View PostLt.Havoc, on 11 April 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

Good idea TokyoRose, we could need more of those. I also say that the German Female Soldier Uniform could use some variants, just like the Axis Female Scout uniform. The Soldier uniform should use of course german camos, the scout uniform could get the Italian camo among the camos, that would mean we have lots more female uniforms by just adding camo variants to these.

Many thanks!

You are welcome, Lt. (Keep in mind that when we start using custom Chapter maps - Komik's randoms will become inaccessible)

German Female Soldier with the Camos that we used on the Saboteur models Summer, Fall and Peadot? German Female Scout with red "Telo Mimetico" (the whole body or just the top)?

View PostTokyoRose, on 12 April 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

Possible bug: Using All Uniforms 2.0 (and no other mods) my sniper no longer uses the sniper stance when shooting. He shoots like a regular character.

I tried starting a new campaign to test this. Any ideas for a quick fix? The sniper has always been my main character, and he just doesn't look "sniper-y" when using a regular pose.

It's not a bug, TR. It is a side effect of using a custom class. Special animations are "tied" to the original classes, any custom ones draw from the regular animation pool. I discovered it when Okim asked me about a way to get rid of the annoying German Soldier MG (one-handed) and SMG (sideways) animation. The only way I could do it was by creating a utility mod with custom classes.

Is it game breaking for you? (i.e. do you need those animations back?).

Still working on the Castle.

Hundreds of intermediate steps (textures, materials, models, containers, objects, effects, etc.)

Castle so far:

Posted Image

I used one of the default lights (I believe it was originally intended for the Destroyed City featured in the S^2 Demo)
Things to be added:

- Lights (spot lights, regular lights, torches and burning barrels giving off light)
- Keep (windows, sniper positions, possibly ladders, maybe a basement...)
- Smoke from burning fires or barrels
- Surrounding area (where the enemies will be coming from): vegetation (either regular pine forest or burned trees), a bridge over a creek or a deep ditch, more sandbags for outside fortifications, maybe a pallisade partially blocking the destroyed walls and gates, a distant road where the infrequent relief might show up from time to time.
- Map Lighting (will make it much darker and hopefully spookier)

Forgot to add: The picture above is a 48x48 template. The actual game size template is going to be 80x80 (to accommodate the surrounding forest or swamp and a possible escape location).  

Aside from Castle I am importing a lot of my old stuff. Coniferous trees in S^2 and S^3 were all covered in snow and therefore were unsuitable for summer templates. I removed the snow and redrew the textures. I am busy making them into objects right now. It involves a lot of steps but in the end I think they are going to be useful (well, I like building pine forest templates with sandy forest floor and pine needles all over it) Posted Image
I am still in the middle of it.

Posted Image

and birches:

Posted Image

~Blunter~

- BlunterMod v 2.4 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) (5 versions of Splittermuster 45 uniform, unique versions of existing weapons, multiple game play changes, all default REs are scripted now, new lighting, several new scripted REs, HE rounds are temporarily gone - converted to 'surplus' ammo instead, 3 new enemy classes ("Grunt", "Zombie", "PK Operator"), all PKs have been overhauled (stronger, better, faster, auto-destruct) and a Soviet Intel subplot featuring Lt. Colonel Mikhalev from H&S ~ 7 missions) + v 2.3 full (without HE rounds)

- BlunterMod v2.3 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) ---4 more uniforms, 1 new ammo type and a new weapon added, "Castle Linden" random crash fixed, a new area "The Bank" added to the Sentinel base, and various other changes + v 2.2 full (see ReadMe file for more info)

- BlunterMod v 2.2 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 20 new ammo types added (AP, HE, API, JHP), 7 unique weapons added, New RPG money items created, German Soldier Class characterss don't wear goggles + v 2.1 (full but without game-breaking bugs, hopefully)

- All Uniforms v 2.1 DO NOT USE (bugged) --- A Wave Defense "Castle" encounter, ammo and weapon name fixes, cheaper surplus uniforms, binoculars fix + v 2.0 (full)

- All Uniforms v 2.0 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 108 more uniforms + binoculars + v1.0 uniforms and changes (ReadMe for v 2.0)

- All Uniforms v 1.0 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 78 new uniforms (available from the base seller, prices vary) + various gameplay changes

- Silent Storm on Steam Greenlight has been approved 08/28/13!

- Available for purchase on Steam - "Silent Storm" + "Sentinels" page

~Blunter~

#231 Lt.Havoc

Lt.Havoc

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

You are welcome, Lt. (Keep in mind that when we start using custom Chapter maps - Komik's randoms will become inaccessible)
Awwww........really? Oh well.

German Female Soldier with the Camos that we used on the Saboteur models Summer, Fall and Peadot? German Female Scout with red "Telo Mimetico" (the whole body or just the top)?

Well yes, I thought to give the female soldier the same camos you gave the male soldier uniforms also Summer, Fall and peadot. I also thought you could experiment a bit with tjhe scout uniform and see what camos you can apply to it, but yes the Italian camo both pants and top would be nice. Maybe you can also do snow/winter versions of these.

You could also try the Sumpfmuster and Splitter musters as well, we need those for the next version anyway.
"War. War never changes"

#232 TokyoRose

TokyoRose

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

Blunter: I'm blown away. That castle is epic, and even at this early stage is better than what I pictured in my head.

A few things I would hope to see:

1) Can a sniper reach that window in the Keep? Or maybe climb a ladder to sit on the roof on top of the Keep?

2) A bridge and shallow trench to the south of the castle.

3) An ammo locker ... inside the Keep, maybe?

4) It will probably look out of place in this setting, but can you add a wood tower near the castle? I'd be curious to see how it looks.

For the Desert and Winter camo variations, I'd suggest using these Thor's Hammer textures for winter and UK Commandos textures (third from left) for Desert.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the sniper pose being linked to custom characters. I'll experiment and post back.

In its current state, "game-breaking" is too strong a word, but snipers don't feel like snipers without the sniper pose.

#233 TokyoRose

TokyoRose

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Blunter: Just experimented a little.

So it looks like if I choose the default female sniper, she uses the special sniper animations, but if I create a custom character, he won't use the special sniper animations. Correct?

If that's the case, is there a workaround to get the animations back? Would it be possible to tie sniper animations to a uniform, so that I can equip a uniform to get the animations?

#234 Lt.Havoc

Lt.Havoc

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Blunter, say can you look at what item number the M20 Super Bazooka AP rockets have or if there is even such a thing at all? I tried to spawn some in using the console but the code, 543 doesnt do anything so I presume the M20 doesnt even have AP rounds, which would be odd considering that the M20 was the prime anti armor weapon of its day. I ask because next missions I will have to fight PKs and I need heavy firepower to kill them.
"War. War never changes"

#235 TokyoRose

TokyoRose

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

getitem 543 is the correct code for the M20 Bazooka AP Rocket. I just tried it, works fine.

Are you using any mods?

#236 Lt.Havoc

Lt.Havoc

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

Well only Blunters mod and the Ammo fixes mod by Q-Stone, the version for Sentinels. I checked the readme and it only says that it fixed the names of the weapons and didnt remove anything so, no idea. Maybe I was typing in the wrong code or something else was going on. I will have to check it again.

here is the forum thread of the mod: http://www.strategyc...-mod-ammofixes/
"War. War never changes"

#237 TokyoRose

TokyoRose

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Correction: Cookie's Weapon Mod is the one that breaks AP ammo. My hunch is that you must have incorrectly entered the getitem code. I'm using Blunter's mod and 543 works.

I seem to recall that the Ammo Fixes mod contains a known bug that breaks AP ammo. It's mentioned in the Read Me that comes with the mod, I believe.

#238 Lt.Havoc

Lt.Havoc

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

No, that was Cookies weapon mod that did that because he changed the values of all the weapons. Ammo fixes has no such problems because it only makes changes to the names of most weapons. The thing is, I can spawn in any other ammo, weapon or item I want from the list but the M20 AP rocket is the only thing that I cant seem to spawn into my inventory. That is kind of strange. I just spawned in Bazooka, panzerfaust, Panzerschrek, PIAT and whatever else AP ammo in, but no such luck with the M20. I type in "getitem 543" and nothing happens, no error message, nothing, as if this item number isnt assigned to anything or something. Its a real mystery to me.
"War. War never changes"

#239 TokyoRose

TokyoRose

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Then maybe Ammo Fixes is the culprit. Try removing it.

As Blunter said before, mods may inadvertently change things.  So perhaps the Ammo Fixes mod nerfed M20 AP rockets.

#240 Fireman

Fireman

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

Binoculars still crashing every equip and I'm still not using any mods.

Any idea what's going on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users