New S^3 Mod "All Uniforms" in development (feedback is welcome)

• Please log in to reply
1042 replies to this topic

#161 TokyoRose

TokyoRose

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

I have a small request before 2.0 is released: Assuming no one else objects, could you make the Axis Female Scout uniform use Kate's wig by default? She's my favourite scout.

#162 Ecthel013

Ecthel013

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Regarding Ghost Team, since that uniform is NPC-only, how about simply increasing the Hide skill of the NPC types that use it?

I personally feel switching to H&S won't be necessary. Sure, the extra bells and whistles might come in handy, but it's not really necessary and you've already done a lot of work in S3.

Since we've only just started planning out the initial scenarios at this point, I think it's fine to continue making more uniforms.

#163 Lt.Havoc

Lt.Havoc

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Well, I found some more interesting outfits that I would like to see in the mod.

Here is a variant of the Heavy Armored Soviet Soldier:

Posted Image

And while we are at the subject, lets have a Armored US Soldier:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Could be useful as NPCs I think.

Also someone mentioned Axis officer uniforms:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

also found this, German Female Operative:
Posted Image

I also recall that Blunter wanted some bad girls, so here they are:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

any other ideas or questions?
"War. War never changes"

#164 BlunterII

BlunterII

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

Right, Lt. Where is my nitroglycerin? (with a pale face searching my pill cabinet) Posted Image

I'll comment on the points you guys raised a bit later...

"Die Wolfe" senior officer is ready. I tried to follow Ecthel's guidlines, here is what I got:

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Camp Leader" model was used for this uniform. I'll probably add some armor rating to the outfit itself (medium or heavy) to make these guys more durable. The ideas for color scheme were taken from Warhammer 40k commissars as was requested. Heavy armor texture was applied to the upper body (with skulls and all the spooky stuff).

So, what do you guys think?

~Blunter~

- BlunterMod v 2.4 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) (5 versions of Splittermuster 45 uniform, unique versions of existing weapons, multiple game play changes, all default REs are scripted now, new lighting, several new scripted REs, HE rounds are temporarily gone - converted to 'surplus' ammo instead, 3 new enemy classes ("Grunt", "Zombie", "PK Operator"), all PKs have been overhauled (stronger, better, faster, auto-destruct) and a Soviet Intel subplot featuring Lt. Colonel Mikhalev from H&S ~ 7 missions) + v 2.3 full (without HE rounds)

- BlunterMod v2.3 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) ---4 more uniforms, 1 new ammo type and a new weapon added, "Castle Linden" random crash fixed, a new area "The Bank" added to the Sentinel base, and various other changes + v 2.2 full (see ReadMe file for more info)

- BlunterMod v 2.2 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 20 new ammo types added (AP, HE, API, JHP), 7 unique weapons added, New RPG money items created, German Soldier Class characterss don't wear goggles + v 2.1 (full but without game-breaking bugs, hopefully)

- All Uniforms v 2.1 DO NOT USE (bugged) --- A Wave Defense "Castle" encounter, ammo and weapon name fixes, cheaper surplus uniforms, binoculars fix + v 2.0 (full)

- All Uniforms v 2.0 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 108 more uniforms + binoculars + v1.0 uniforms and changes (ReadMe for v 2.0)

- All Uniforms v 1.0 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 78 new uniforms (available from the base seller, prices vary) + various gameplay changes

- Silent Storm on Steam Greenlight has been approved 08/28/13!

- Available for purchase on Steam - "Silent Storm" + "Sentinels" page

~Blunter~

#165 bawb

bawb

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

dude that totally looks like a badass nazi m.bison its perfect...

#166 Ecthel013

Ecthel013

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

Looks very good, I like it. I think the red could be a bit brighter, but this still works.

Just one question, is the gold oval in the middle of their caps supposed to represent an eye or is it just a gold oval with no bigger meaning to it?

#167 BlunterII

BlunterII

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Hey, folks

I decided to start putting those uniforms together. The reason is that I'd like to do it while I still remember the changes I made (the textures I used, the item layouts I planned, the bump and gloss settings, the combinations of head gear models, etc.). I am already done with the Italian Paratrooper (3 uniforms, camo helmet, iron helmet, no helmet), the American Pacific camos (5 uniforms, beach with camo helmet, beach with brown helmet, green with camo helmet, green with brown helmet, green with green cap) and the Ghost and Tesla teams (2 uniforms respectively). Working on the numerous German uniforms at the moment.

@ Lt. Thank you for posting those images. Which ones do you think we will need in the mod? (Aside from the armored Soviet, American zombie hunter and the Splitter 45 - I'd like to try making those anyway). Btw, the last "bad" girl in your post looks similar to the desert Sentinel outfits I made (and I think I have the camo texture ready for that too, hmm...).
Question: I think I'd need to convert one of the backpacks into a fuel tank (for Tesla guys to carry), would you happen to have an image for me to reference? Thank you.

@ TR. Axis female scout outfit with a black bun wig? Yes, I can do that.

@ Ecthel. Thank you, I am glad you liked the Senior Officer. Actually, I did make his coat brighter (and redder) at first but had to revert the changes after testing it with different light settings in the game (it looked a bit too flashy and out of place).
[Edit- missed that] Yes, I can increase Ghost team members' hide skill.

@ bawb. Thanks, he does look mean and determined. I don't know whether it is his outfit, the eye patch or Klaus' angry personality that contribute to that effect the most.

If I missed something (a request, a question or a suggestion), please remind me and I'll address it.

We'll stay with S^3.

Plot: I would like to hear your ideas for the second encounter. If the first is the assault of TH lab in 1944-1945, then when and where is the 2nd one going to take place? What will happen there? Who will we meet? Setting? Objectives? Allies? Party members?...

[Edit] Question: Forgot to ask. What do I do with the UK Commando Denison smock  derivatives 1 & 2? I don't really like the #2... Hmm.. Maybe I could use #1 for a partisan outfit. What do you think?

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

- BlunterMod v 2.4 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) (5 versions of Splittermuster 45 uniform, unique versions of existing weapons, multiple game play changes, all default REs are scripted now, new lighting, several new scripted REs, HE rounds are temporarily gone - converted to 'surplus' ammo instead, 3 new enemy classes ("Grunt", "Zombie", "PK Operator"), all PKs have been overhauled (stronger, better, faster, auto-destruct) and a Soviet Intel subplot featuring Lt. Colonel Mikhalev from H&S ~ 7 missions) + v 2.3 full (without HE rounds)

- BlunterMod v2.3 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) ---4 more uniforms, 1 new ammo type and a new weapon added, "Castle Linden" random crash fixed, a new area "The Bank" added to the Sentinel base, and various other changes + v 2.2 full (see ReadMe file for more info)

- BlunterMod v 2.2 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 20 new ammo types added (AP, HE, API, JHP), 7 unique weapons added, New RPG money items created, German Soldier Class characterss don't wear goggles + v 2.1 (full but without game-breaking bugs, hopefully)

- All Uniforms v 2.1 DO NOT USE (bugged) --- A Wave Defense "Castle" encounter, ammo and weapon name fixes, cheaper surplus uniforms, binoculars fix + v 2.0 (full)

- All Uniforms v 2.0 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 108 more uniforms + binoculars + v1.0 uniforms and changes (ReadMe for v 2.0)

- All Uniforms v 1.0 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 78 new uniforms (available from the base seller, prices vary) + various gameplay changes

~Blunter~

#168 bawb

bawb

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

that ghost squad would be nice without the mask and goggles i think it would make for a good allied recon unit uniform... i like the ww2 american uniform... alot and the night ops variation is one of the best...

#169 calantlar

calantlar

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

Hi i just found this picture and thought i would fit into the pack, (ignore the alien robot thrashcans beside her)

http://1.bp.blogspot... design-web.jpg

#170 bawb

bawb

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

us marine and 1st infantry with camo... i dig them both i like alot of the us infantry outfits...Posted Image Posted Image

#171 Ecthel013

Ecthel013

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Denison Smocks
Personally, I think that would make the partisans look too much like professional soldiers. I like the look of derivative #1 as well though, so perhaps it could be reserved for a special NPC?

Second Encounter
I think it should be set post-war and introduce the Sentinels, as well as how the main character winds up joining them.

Won't be able to suggest anything else for the second encounter for a while, family's visiting and I'll be busy entertaining them.

#172 Lt.Havoc

Lt.Havoc

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

@ Lt. Thank you for posting those images. Which ones do you think we will need in the mod? (Aside from the armored Soviet, American zombie hunter and the Splitter 45 - I'd like to try making those anyway). Btw, the last "bad" girl in your post looks similar to the desert Sentinel outfits I made (and I think I have the camo texture ready for that too, hmm...).
Question: I think I'd need to convert one of the backpacks into a fuel tank (for Tesla guys to carry), would you happen to have an image for me to reference? Thank you.

Well, I would say we need some more THO and Die Wölfe officers and NCOs, these in desert, snow and regular variants, so the officer uniforms as well as the Japanese ones might be helpful. Other then that, the uniforms are for refernces and I thought you would pick the ones you like the most.

Posted Image

Well here maybe that helps. That is a sketch for the Red Alter Mod and shows a Tesla Trooper. also the tank of the Spec ops trooper in the image looks like a Flamethrower tank.

Also found this here:
Posted Image
Not sure if that helps or not.
"War. War never changes"

#173 BlunterII

BlunterII

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

[Update] I am still putting it together. I'll update as soon as I am done. There are a lot of little things that need to get done (new backpacks, the same uniform variations, headgear, wigs, base values etc.)... a lot of them.[Update]

Just hold on Posted Image

Thanks for sticking with me.
I'll address different other points in my next post.

Just to illustrate:

These uniforms (and all the accessories) took the most time to create so far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So far there are 2 Tesla uniforms for players to choose from: 1) an MG backpack with Tesla logo and 2) a backpack with a liquid tank and trinkets.
...no it is not electricity based as the name would imply.. I still like it...  Posted Image

Well, back to binoculars. I hope I remember how I did it.  
(on page 4 now, rereading the thread and retracing my steps)

~Blunter~

~Blunter~

#174 Lt.Havoc

Lt.Havoc

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Well, that looks good. Great job. Also, I just dawned on me that we may need some Allied officer Uniforms as well and not just Axis/Die Wölfe and THO. So here are some Allied officer Uniforms:

British:
Posted Image

USA:
Posted Image
Note there are US Army and one of them is actualyl a NCO but just to see the Going out Dress.

US Pacific:
Posted Image

More USA Officer Uniforms:
Posted Image

Soviet Officers:
Posted Image

Posted Image

We could also go Red Alert 2 style:

Posted Image

And well, who could forget this guy:
Posted Image
"War. War never changes"

#175 BlunterII

BlunterII

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

The uniform count in "All Uniforms" v 2.0 is at 152 right now (Apr 02/2013).

I have 18 more left (not including the possible variations). I'll be releasing it in the next 2-3 days for testing. Then we will talk about the uniforms for the next version (v 2.5?)

~Blunter~

~Blunter~

#176 TokyoRose

TokyoRose

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostBlunterII, on 02 April 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

The uniform count in "All Uniforms" v 2.0 is at 152 right now (Apr 02/2013).

I have 18 more left (not including the possible variations). I'll be releasing it in the next 2-3 days for testing. Then we will talk about the uniforms for the next version (v 2.5?)

Glorious.

#177 BlunterII

BlunterII

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

All right, the version 2.0 of "All Uniforms" is about to be released.
I am doing some finishing touches now including some light testing.

What I am going to do is - post as I go through all the uniforms I've imported (with screens, respective names and commentary if necessary) and enter their IDs in the seller's inventory.

What I would like you to do is to check if everything looks correct, spelled properly and doesn't have any obvious mistakes; that all the uniforms we talked about (for this version) are present and their variations are satisfactory.

I've already finished the Americans, Germans and Italians (and most of the Soviets, TH, Professor and UK). There are some extra things I'll throw in at the end.

Americans:

Posted Image

Fully equipped means that they already carry nation specific clips, ammo boxes an backpacks, their looks stay the same regarless of the items your characters have in their backpacks .
The ones that look empty - are backpack content dependent. The NPC persons I created, around a 110 of them, to feature all the new uniforms don't have anything in their inventories - thus there are no visible Allied or Axis cases and clips. I am planning to use these NPCs in the upcoming scenario.

Posted Image

I remember Ecthel asked to make them stealthy, well they are Scouts now, with other stats higher than usual NPCs. As you can see they have 2 new types of "Ghost" backpacks. Some of the clips (namely Garand ones) got new textures to fit in the night color scheme.

Posted Image

American Pacific Green features one fully equipped uniform. The rest of them have remained mostly unchanged after the necessary corrections (camo pattern scale) were applied to them.

Posted Image

The Tesla Team uniforms for player characters will have helmets only. Both backpacks will also be available.

Posted Image

The Greatcoats feature Female and Male (F/M) versions. As I promised they come in 2 types:
1. with mask (only) 2. with helmet (only). NPCs are not limited in that regard.

~Blunter~

~Blunter~

#178 retronomicon

retronomicon

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

Hello, i really looking forward for this mod, excellent work so far Blunter. Just found and enjoying this gem game and more customizable options of my soldiers is exactly only thing i missed in this game. <3

#179 BlunterII

BlunterII

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

OK, I imported the American Uniforms. Now onto German outfits.

The ones we've worked on so far are divided in 3 groups. "Die Wolfe", Regular and Nazi (for other mods, zombies and so on).

Let's start with D.W. Armored guys and gals:

Posted Image

The Iron maiden took the head of CivFem4 out of the possible heads to choose from (since I can't duplicate the GDP Heads that carry the material with the texture). But I believe it's a small price to pay. Besides there are plenty of other heads to choose from. (The Italian sniper who looks identical is intact - so, don't worry).

Both outfits are heavy armor, which roughly means - 60% resistance to regular damage. As any advanced outfit with armor rating these uniforms are not cheap.

Posted Image

Splitter 43 camo uniforms (Tounushi's original textures, provided by Lt.) have M/F and skull/no-skull variants. I think it was TR, who asked about removing the vegetation from the Fem version. Well, it is possible but doesn't look good (at least during my attempts it yielded some strange artifacts around their heads).

The downed Treibflugel pilot uniform will be used in the scenario.

All three groups feature a new D.W. backpack I made for them.

Posted Image

Initially I used the Prison Camp Commanding Officer (NKVD) model for the High Ranking D.W. Officer uniform.

Then I tried it with Hanke model (after removing the scarf as Ecthel suggested) - and discovered that both are almost identical. So, naturally I made two and converted the Standartenfuhrer's insignia into D.W. style. The Camp leader version (with erect collar) won't have any though, since the NKVD model doesn't have any insignia slots while Hanke's does.

The "Mountain Trooper" uniforms use another one of Tounushi's textures.

Note: The design on the front of the cap is not an eye, Ecthel. Did you want it to be an eye? The all seeing one Posted Image

Posted Image

A whole number of saboteur uniforms. (Made using Tounushi's textures, again provided by Lt.)
I understand Fallschirmjagers used smaller and better fitting helmets, but I haven't found any better ones among the game models. These ones feature primarily summer/autumn uniform colors...

Posted Image

...while these cover the rest of the seasons and various climates. If you compare this with the previous screen you will see the potential for some confusion (especially naming textures for body and legs, texture bumps for body and legs, materials for body and legs, models, headgear, uniforms as uniforms, uniforms as RPG Items, folded uniform models, and shop and game view names). It was frustrating at times but common sense prevailed and clarity was reached.

TR, was it Axis Scout or Allied Scout? I think it was Axis one. Anyway I made the black bun wig available for the Axis PC scout.

Posted Image

or was it Allied? Hmm...

and finally the not so friendly bunch, the SS troops (soon to become zombies Posted Image )

Posted Image

They will be available for purchase (in S^3 campaign), but will not be used in the "Die Wolfe" scenario. At least not in this form and shape.

All right, I'll be entering all these and their sub-variants in the database (dbo_ShopItems) and proceeding to Italians.

~Blunter~

~Blunter~

#180 BlunterII

BlunterII

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

Moving along.

Btw, I just looked at the ID of the last uniform I made ( a mercenary in black raincoat) - it was 186.

Anyway, the Italians are ready:

Posted Image

Well, I already attempted to explain what fully equipped meant. Perhaps, an example would be better.

Posted Image

The reason why I am doing that is that some of the ammos don't show on the uniforms for whatever reason, regardless of the layouts I specify. So in order for some of the uniforms (especially NPCs' who'll carry just a couple of clips) to look "stocked" I permanently attach various clips and other uniform items to them. I haven't noticed Italian clips and boxes show on the uniforms even if my character is carrying only Italian ammo (Beretta, Manlicher - Carcano, etc.), even though the editor contains a whole set of them ...???

The Italian Uniform uses modified Tounushi's texture provided by Lt. It is called Telo Mimetico.

At first, I only had a steel helmet (made out of a sewer pipe texture) but then when Lt. posted pictures of some other Italian troops I realized I could make a camo helmet too. And so I did. There are four uniforms in this batch. All have an authentic Italian backpack (top picture) that came with the game but, as far as I know, wasn't used in S^3 (only the "Sea Devil" encounter in S^2 featured it once).

I am going to go ahead and enter their values in the database now.

~Blunter~

~Blunter~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users