3rd Patch

XCOM: Enemy Unknown 3rd Patch is now live

The 3rd Patch for XCOM: Enemy Unknown is now live for all systems. The Second Wave addition is now available for those who have beaten the game. And a few bugs have been squashed including the AI teleport bug and the defeat screen when beating the game.

For those on PC, the Chris Kluwe hero unlock is now available. Chris beat Firaxis' Garth DeAngelis in a head to head match and won. His prize was being added to the game as a playable character.

Patch 3 Notes

Second Wave addition

If a player has beaten the game, they can access a variety of gameplay toggles upon starting a new game. The Second Wave option will be available on the New Game menu.

AI teleport bug fix

Minimizes the bug where aliens teleport into the middle of a player’s squad

Defeat screen when beating the game

Minimizes a bug that displays a Defeat screen after winning the game

PC Only

Chris Kluwe as XCOM Hero unlock

https://forums.2kgame...tch-is-now-live

Great that they managed to... minimize?... the teleport bug.

The patch doesn't seem to work on saved games though. After installing the patch I played and recorded this mission. Check The Amazing Disappearing Sectopod at 1:27

"Minimise" is a lovely ambiguous term. My definition of "minimise", in this case, would mean "you'll never see it happen again because aliens don't teleport anymore, full stop". Their definition may range anywhere from that through to "we weren't given any time to work on this, so the best we could do was nothing".

• 1 month later...

Guys, can someone please help me, I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the lack of clear information about XCOM and it's patches.

I have a bought PC CD version of XCOM which apparently I have to play through Steam.

Where do I download the patch? Has Steam done it for me automatically already? Is there any clear way to tell? And how do I use/activate the "Chris Kluwe as XCOM Hero unlock"?

I don't know if it's just me being old, out of touch and stupid, but I can seem to find any answers to these questions. Can someone please help.