New Patch Kit For TFTD

Zombie

I decided to start working on a TFTD patch kit which should cover the ROUTES, TERRAIN and MAPS folders, although for the time being I'm focusing on just the ROUTES as that seems to be in the worst shape. Right now this topic is just a discussion as I'm going to hold off releasing a kit until I have enough fixes for a full version number. ;)

As with my UFO:EU/X-COM:UFO Defense patch kit, this aims to be developer intended. However, unlike EU, it is not always easy to discern what the TFTD devs really wanted as some problems are so big that it requires a complete overhaul of the file for it to function as expected. Some creative liberties have to be taken, but these will be as transparent as possible.whistling.gif

If any of you have noticed something in these folders that you would like to see fixed, please post here and I'll get to it ASAP. :)

- Zombie

Ok, so the thing I worked on today was the T'leth Level 2 spawning room for X-COM units (it's called LEVEL01). First of all, there were 2 nodes which had a rank of 9 (an undefined value). It was hard trying to figure out what the intention was for these nodes, but it appears that they were meant to hold X-COM units (even though they were not on the green floor tile area). I didn't really see the point in having X-COM units start outside of the green floor area, so I set them aside and reused them. Secondly, the room only had 3 spawn points for large units (SWS/tanks). Since you can carry 4 SWS's on the Leviathan, one of them would probably go missing. In order to have enough room for the soldiers and tanks, I had to totally reorganize the spawn points. Now there is room for 28 soldiers and 6 tanks which should cover basically everything (if you bring only soldiers, then there is plenty of room available for them, and if you bring a full load of tanks, you'll get them all and still have room for soldiers too) and they all start on the green floor. :)

There are two alien spawn points on the level above, and I kept those as-is. ;)

If you MC an alien and then head to the next level of T'leth, will that alien spawn along with your soldiers and still under your control? I can't remember if this can happen anymore. I really didn't take that into consideration when reworking the spawn points. Anyone know?sleep.png

- Zombie

Gave it a quick test, put one aquanaught on the exit along with one mind-controlled alien and the game only registered one unit there all-up when I hit abort. Confirming that and carrying on to the next stage brought only the one aquanaught.

Cool, thanks! That scenario would have been an ownership bug anyway, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't helping to exploit it further. :P

- Zombie

• 3 weeks later...

Fixed. Seems MapView can't change the distances properly for some reason on this map set. *shrugs* At some point I'll need to do a pass on the USO routes anyway as there are some issues with ranks, links and unused nodes. Messy! wink.png

- Zombie