Live dload link to game editor or weapon stats editor

marko

Hi all

There's been a few threads about where to find the Silent Storm game editor, latest one from 2009, and none of those threads had live links to download it.

I bought this game legit from gog.com back in November, and it didn't came with the editor.

gog.com team knows about this issue.

I had no luck at all trying to find the mapedit.exe editor that came with CD version of the game.

My motivation for finding this editor, is to fix a bug with FastMod, described here.

https://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/topic/10253-need-help-with-fastmod-bugged-weapon-stat/

If you know a valid download link for it or is willing to upload to help heaps of people, can you please post here.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I do not think that the editor can be provided like that, from what I read you need some MySWL server install to properly run the editor and its a reason its run from the CD, I suspect that you cant copy the file from the CD in the first place. I have thought about that and maybe we should tr and petition Nivial or the publisher to create a SDK for the game. Its 10 years old and there has not been a lot of modding for it in awhile, still the game is now very popular thanks to GOG.com so why not make an SDK to make the game even more popular? Just my idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to note, the editor doesn't have to be run from the CD. If you have the actual media disc and install the game, the editor is installed directly to your Silent Storm folder. True, it requires MS MySQL server to run so most people with newer computers are out of luck. sad.png

I have contacted Nival about the editor not being included in the GOG download, but so far no answer. Next week I'll contact GOG and see if they can do anything. If Nival and GOG refuse to give me answers, then I'll upload the editor to our files section. tongue.png

As much as I'd like to see a new SDK for S2/S3, it's never going to happen. These games are getting old and Nival isn't going to start plopping manpower down on creating a new editor when they could just make a different game. wink.png

- Zombie

• 3 months later...

Ok, just to note, I never received an answer to my emails so I uploaded the editor to our files section today. wink.png

Everyone: please spread the word to anyone who you think might want to use it! smile.png My hope is that enough publicity will strong-arm GoG/Nival to include the editor in GoG's download... tongue.png

- Zombie