DLC: Customisation + future plans

Bomb Bloke

So I'm wanting to document the DLC-side of the game in the UFOpedia wiki, but there's a few aspects of it that'll be a bit tricky for me to work out on my own...

First off: Soldier customisation. I know both the Elite Soldier Pack (ESP) and Slingshot add a number of extra helmets to the game, but I'm not sure about the armour decoration side of things. I have both, and can remove them from my game at will, but saves made with a certain DLC won't load unless it's active. I'd need to do a fair bit of playing to research all the armours with and without each DLC to see how they can be customised...

With both, the kevlar (default), skeleton and carapaces armours have three forms of "decoration". All other armours (ghost, titan, arch-angel and psi) have two.

Now, I've been able to do a quick check of the kevlar suit without Slingshot, and I still get three versions of that armour. But Slingshot has what appears to be an extra model file for that! Maybe I'm confusing myself, and Slingshot alters ESP's version of that third model or... something.

Anyway, best I can make out, the base game doesn't let you alter armour decoration at all. ESP adds a secondary deco to kevlar, skeleton and carapace armours, and Slingshot adds a third deco to those armours plus secondary decos to the titan, ghost, arch-angel and psi suits.

... At least, best I can make out. If anyone here has ESP but not Slingshot, I'd appreciate them confirming here exactly how many armour decos are available to you. Likewise if anyone has Slingshot but not ESP. Late-game saves with either one of those DLCs active (but not both) would also be great to have, or even screenshots of the armour decos for comparison (to see if Slingshot changes what ESP adds).

---------------------------------------

While I'm at it, in my DLC folder (which is: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XComGame\DLC\PCConsole) I have two directories:

Elite Soldier Pack: DLC_PackIn

Slingshot: DLC_Day060

This thread suggests the titles of the next few. Slingshot was indeed released about two months after the game, so the folder title of "DLC_Day060" makes sense, but the "DLC_PreOrder" folderthat thread mentions has got me wondering. I used a pre-order code to get ESP - so why isn't it in a "DLC_PreOrder" folder?

Does anyone have this "DLC_PreOrder" folder? If so, how did you acquire the game?

"DLC_Day090" strongly suggests that another DLC is going to arrive in a week or two, and online reports reckon it'll be called "Progeny". Scraping through the INI files in the game and the few last entries on this list of achievements, it seems reasonably clear that this'll be similar to Slingshot in that it'll include a unique unit (Annette) and three council missions. I think there'll be a few more armour decos and maybe a few more helmets, but I'm not sure (I suspect Slingshot already includes the visual resources for Annette, as it adds four new hairstyles, only one of which is used by Slingshot's unique unit).

"DLC_Day120" has got me stumped. I don't think there's anything in the current game files suggesting what this'll be about, which means that there might not even be anything planned for it as yet. Still, there's a lot of room for DLC in this game - new customisation is nice, maps would be better, and an extended campaign'd be the icing on the cake.

So I'm wanting to document the DLC-side of the game in the UFOpedia wiki, but there's a few aspects of it that'll be a bit tricky for me to work out on my own...

First off: Soldier customisation. I know both the Elite Soldier Pack (ESP) and Slingshot add a number of extra helmets to the game, but I'm not sure about the armour decoration side of things. I have both, and can remove them from my game at will, but saves made with a certain DLC won't load unless it's active. I'd need to do a fair bit of playing to research all the armours with and without each DLC to see how they can be customised...

With both, the kevlar (default), skeleton and carapaces armours have three forms of "decoration". All other armours (ghost, titan, arch-angel and psi) have two.

Now, I've been able to do a quick check of the kevlar suit without Slingshot, and I still get three versions of that armour. But Slingshot has what appears to be an extra model file for that! Maybe I'm confusing myself, and Slingshot alters ESP's version of that third model or... something.

Anyway, best I can make out, the base game doesn't let you alter armour decoration at all. ESP adds a secondary deco to kevlar, skeleton and carapace armours, and Slingshot adds a third deco to those armours plus secondary decos to the titan, ghost, arch-angel and psi suits.

... At least, best I can make out. If anyone here has ESP but not Slingshot, I'd appreciate them confirming here exactly how many armour decos are available to you. Likewise if anyone has Slingshot but not ESP. Late-game saves with either one of those DLCs active (but not both) would also be great to have, or even screenshots of the armour decos for comparison (to see if Slingshot changes what ESP adds).

Without ESP you only have 1 decoration for each armor type and you can't change the tint or use any helmets. With ESP you get the Reaper (Skeleton) and Hyperion (Body/Kevlar) armor decorations and the possibility to change their tint and add 3 helmets and the gillie haircut. I can't post pics here but the Deco 2 setting is the Reaper/Hyperion on ESP.

---------------------------------------

While I'm at it, in my DLC folder (which is: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XComGame\DLC\PCConsole) I have two directories:

Elite Soldier Pack: DLC_PackIn

Slingshot: DLC_Day060

This thread suggests the titles of the next few. Slingshot was indeed released about two months after the game, so the folder title of "DLC_Day060" makes sense, but the "DLC_PreOrder" folderthat thread mentions has got me wondering. I used a pre-order code to get ESP - so why isn't it in a "DLC_PreOrder" folder?

Does anyone have this "DLC_PreOrder" folder? If so, how did you acquire the game?

"DLC_Day090" strongly suggests that another DLC is going to arrive in a week or two, and online reports reckon it'll be called "Progeny". Scraping through the INI files in the game and the few last entries on this list of achievements, it seems reasonably clear that this'll be similar to Slingshot in that it'll include a unique unit (Annette) and three council missions. I think there'll be a few more armour decos and maybe a few more helmets, but I'm not sure (I suspect Slingshot already includes the visual resources for Annette, as it adds four new hairstyles, only one of which is used by Slingshot's unique unit).

"DLC_Day120" has got me stumped. I don't think there's anything in the current game files suggesting what this'll be about, which means that there might not even be anything planned for it as yet. Still, there's a lot of room for DLC in this game - new customisation is nice, maps would be better, and an extended campaign'd be the icing on the cake.

If you want to check more about the technical issues of the DLCs go to https://xcom.nexusmods.com/ - I've been using a lot of information from there on the UFOPaedia since they focus on the technical aspects of the game.

Thanks guys. Specifically I'm interested in the third decos for the kevlar/skeleton/carapace armours - I wanna know if they exist without Slingshot, and on the off chance that they do, whether they look the same with Slingshot installed. I'm about 80% sure they require Slingshot at this point (though I can still select them without it installed, I don't think they render as they should - without ever having it installed in the first place, I reckon they'd be entirely locked out).

I'd wager ESP doesn't touch the psi armour either, and only offers the suits shown in that preview wallpaper. :)

Thanks for the mod database link Hobbes, I'm sure I'll dig up something interesting there. :)

Thanks guys. Specifically I'm interested in the third decos for the kevlar/skeleton/carapace armours - I wanna know if they exist without Slingshot, and on the off chance that they do, whether they look the same with Slingshot installed. I'm about 80% sure they require Slingshot at this point (though I can still select them without it installed, I don't think they render as they should - without ever having it installed in the first place, I reckon they'd be entirely locked out).

I'd wager ESP doesn't touch the psi armour either, and only offers the suits shown in that preview wallpaper. smile.png

Thanks for the mod database link Hobbes, I'm sure I'll dig up something interesting there. smile.png

There's a thread on that database dealing specifically about unlocking all decos for all armors, if you have the ESP or Slingshot.