Thorondor

Endless Space

Amplitude Studios comes bearing gifts. Parting the darkness at a peaceful time they say those offerings, packaged as they are in this third free add-on to their Endless Space 4X strategy game, named Lights of Polaris, are the produce of the work of Expert Light Fabricators.

But let's start from the top:

There is a strange stillness in the galaxy, a hushed moment when denizens of the many worlds seem to be taking a breath.

(...)

And in this interlude of unexpected peace, somewhere, far in the northern hemisphere of a great arctic planet, beneath the cold snow and the wailing winds, there has been a discovery. Rumbling forever below the glaciers, an old installation of the Endless, still tended by descendants of the original workers, churns tirelessly throughout the frozen nights. Raw materials are collected, goods are produced and packaged, and an endless stream of boxes disappear into ships, portals, and sledges for distribution. What is this unceasing travail? What is the purpose of these strange, colourful, impractical objects that they build? They are not weapons nor tools, but something else; something whose utility lies just a step outside what is purely practical.

Should you receive some of these objects and be surprised by what they are, look for Mr Erram Zen Eerbee. There is an ancient secret there from before the time of space travel; a secret that is hidden behind the twinkle in his eyes...

By now you, dwellers of a distant past, may well have figured out what's going on, but let's unwrap things further.

Lights of Polaris brings Holiday Special content such as a new Polaris Factory Wonder and a new Oros Gec faction hero, as well as new gameplay and Steam features, including achievements chosen by the community via GAMES2GETHER votes.

For a full account of all that has been cheerily introduced to the game read the Steam changelog.

Available now.

• 2 months later...

https://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/endlessspace/images/thumb/4/45/Virtual_Awakening.png/650px-Virtual_Awakening.png

Here's a factoid: 300.000 copies of the game have been sold!

::

To have you partying alongside the Amplitude Studios team, the game is now 50% off on Steam and Virtual Awakening, the fourth DLC for it is available for free! cool.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Playing my first game on easy. I think I'll have my butt kicked by Horatio, please. I do have some questions...

Is an allied victory possible?

Is trade completely linked to friendly empires? As I have gathered from the official forums, trade is non-existent unless you have others to trade with (or if you have a hero with a "blockade breaker" trait), so I'm guessing all the system upgrades I constructed were completely in vain...

Is there any point at all to watching the battles? Beside being a nice thing to look at. You can guess no better at the opponent's card played next by watching than not and I see very little point in ever retreating (as the ships repair for AGES). Am I missing something here?

Well, all I can tell you for sure, SV, is that you'll have to be a fast learner: it has just been announced that Disharmony, the first true Endless Space expansion pack, will be launching on Steam as DLC on June 26th!

Lose not your harmony, though. wink.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com/extension/endless_space/design/endless_space/images/logo.png

Well, the gents at Iceberg Interactive are a busy lot, as confirmed by their revelation that work is underway on a fifth free add-on for the Endless Space: Disharmony expansion pack, titled "The Search for Auriga ", to be released on Steam in November.

What they say:

"The Search for Auriga" will include new heroes, a special wonder, a unique planet, in addition to new features such as Rally Points as well as AI and balancing improvements. More details will be unveiled very soon.

An announcement made all the more pleasant by the fact that Endless Space Emperor Edition, Endless Space Gold and Endless Space Disharmony are now discounted 75% off on Steam until tomorrow, October 19th.

• 4 weeks later...

https://i.imgur.com/JxgjBcT.jpg

The new add-on, titled "Search for Auriga" adds some new flavour to the original game, with new heroes, a new wonder and a new unique planet: Auriga. In addition, players will notice the AI improvements (military and diplomatic), as well as the implementation of rally points, per community request and much, much more. The free add-on will become available for all players in possession of the Endless Space: Disharmony expansion pack and occurs as an automatic Steam update later today.

So does, once more, a free expansion for Endless Space grace us. smile.png