Server errors

Hobbes

Pete's already been in contact with Bomb Bloke and myself to query if there were any problems. I reported the same issue last night-ish. On a related note, my PM notification didn't trigger when I dropped by, and I only found out about the pm conversation via the e-mail notification.

Seems like it happens on some pages and not on others. I found that you can occasionally get an edit in the middle of an article from one of the sub-headings. That is why in my recent edit in the Apoc equip guide, I put the General section that I wanted to add in a rather peculiar spot instead of before the RT and TB sections. Haven't been able to do any other normal edits otherwise.

- NKF

Pete's already been in contact with Bomb Bloke and myself to query if there were any problems. I reported the same issue last night-ish. On a related note, my PM notification didn't trigger when I dropped by, and I only found out about the pm conversation via the e-mail notification.

Seems like it happens on some pages and not on others. I found that you can occasionally get an edit in the middle of an article from one of the sub-headings. That is why in my recent edit in the Apoc equip guide, I put the General section that I wanted to add in a rather peculiar spot instead of before the RT and TB sections. Haven't been able to do any other normal edits otherwise.

- NKF

I'm getting it now for any of the the TFTD Extender's pages, even when I am not changing anything on the page and just open the editor and then save. I can't even use the preview option either. These were working fine up to the 15th.

It's a security module on the server that the web hosts upgraded, however all the previous whitelist rules seem to have either been accidentally wiped out or, from what little I understand of the documentation for this module, a lot of rules have been superseded by new rules. Essentially if it's the latter then it is likely a surprise that many web hosts are dealing with.

Frustratingly the solution seems to be to go through each issue one by one and get them re-whitelisted.

The other alternative is move hosts again but that seems a bit severe, takes too long and is fraught with other problems. Turning off the module would be a massive security issue unfortunately.

The issue has been compounded by the fact that I've been stupendously busy this last week so my reaction times haven't been particularly stellar (although compared to some points in the past I've been lightning fast).

I think one good solution for the future would be to get someone trained up on various issues like this and see if we can allow another person to have access to post tickets to the web host so there's not one single point of failure.

Let me know if anything else crops up :)

It's a security module on the server that the web hosts upgraded, however all the previous whitelist rules seem to have either been accidentally wiped out or, from what little I understand of the documentation for this module, a lot of rules have been superseded by new rules. Essentially if it's the latter then it is likely a surprise that many web hosts are dealing with.

Frustratingly the solution seems to be to go through each issue one by one and get them re-whitelisted.

The other alternative is move hosts again but that seems a bit severe, takes too long and is fraught with other problems. Turning off the module would be a massive security issue unfortunately.

The issue has been compounded by the fact that I've been stupendously busy this last week so my reaction times haven't been particularly stellar (although compared to some points in the past I've been lightning fast).

I think one good solution for the future would be to get someone trained up on various issues like this and see if we can allow another person to have access to post tickets to the web host so there's not one single point of failure.

Let me know if anything else crops up smile.png

Thanks for the explanation! A little over my head but that's not always a bad thing. Your explanation is simple enough that I learned something new. :)