Official Nival/JoWooD Chat!

Pete

Taken directly from Slaughter's post at our sister site - UFOAftermath.co.uk:

This is a little off topic, but I thought you'd be interested anyway. The coming Thursday (October 21st) we'll arrange an official IRC chat with representatives from Nival Interactive and JoWooD Productions.

The subject is Silent Storm, it's expansion Silent Storm: Sentinels and future projects.

You are all welcome to attend and ask any question you may have. More information about where, when and what can be found here.

...And for those that don't already know, Silent Storm is a squad-based tactical game (see the theme we're following here? :D) set during World War II. There are some notable differences along the way however, and it evolves into much more of a science fiction game as the complex story unfolds.

The game has many great features such as totally destructable terrain, a VERY accurate physics engine, an engaging and ever-evolving storyline and a range of features to customise it to your own liking - in short, if I personally wanted anyone to make a new X-COM game, I'd want the guys at Nival as they've done a brilliant job indeed!

Okay, okay, so I've gone a long way off topic here but I think it's well worth the mention ;) Feel free to ask questions either for the chat or anything related to this thread here and I'll endeavour to answer them

• 1 month later...

I think Pete should be banned and castrated for his COMPLETE disregard for being able to stay on topic in the most topic critical section of the forum! :D

But seriously now... In what way is Silent Storm sci-fi? I went to the website once, and was turned off by it's WWII era gameplay. (I'm not much of a World War II gamer. I like the official history, but I just don't like reenacting combat that occured in real life.)

Strong Bob: It's got fricking laser beams in it and giant lasers and space rockets and all sorts and blokes stomping about in big metal power suits a little like MechCommander-but-not.

Definitely sci-fi. Sci-fi doesn't have to be set in the future :D