A Post-Nuclear Mod for S3 (Sentinels)

Okim

I don`t wish to disappoint you, but the mod is far away from being finished. It is just a set of 4 missions out of 18+ plus randoms plus minor missions plus more weapons plus powered armours. I get a feeling that this one may turn into my life-time project :)

Something odd has just happened with my Silent Strom Sentinels. All of a sudden the editor crashes with the 'failed to initialise Direct3D' error. The odd thing is that everything worked fine just a month ago. Have anybody stumbled on something similar?

And the game itself is working strange. Glass is not transparent, gun models are misplaced, antialiasing has gone...

Recently decided to run my SS2 and SS3 ... Those were old original CD`s with brand new dust on tem :P. Then I decided to look for some mods and suddenly found this.

GREAT WORK , really, looks very different from original SS from maps to pretty much everything , but the faces are familiar. And there one more thing to notice, many have tried but most of them did not get the picture of wasteland in their games/mods/projects, but you did.

пы сы, мод действительно понравился, знаачт, хотелось бы чем нить подсобить, с моддингом знаком, руки более менее прямые, могу пруфы в студию. (правда над самим SS ещё не изгалялся, но жертвами опытов пали многие)

While i`m trying to figure out how to make my S3 editor to work again here is a little extra for you to glare at :)

https://vk.com/album-79492997_207641927

This is a 5-years old project for Warhammer 40k that i`m currently actively reanimating and polishing. It is a stompa for the Armageddon version of WH40k, but with the new rules this tough guy can be used in normal battles.

Recently decided to run my SS2 and SS3 ... Those were old original CD`s with brand new dust on tem tongue.png. Then I decided to look for some mods and suddenly found this.

GREAT WORK , really, looks very different from original SS from maps to pretty much everything , but the faces are familiar. And there one more thing to notice, many have tried but most of them did not get the picture of wasteland in their games/mods/projects, but you did.

пы сы, мод действительно понравился, знаачт, хотелось бы чем нить подсобить, с моддингом знаком, руки более менее прямые, могу пруфы в студию. (правда над самим SS ещё не изгалялся, но жертвами опытов пали многие)

Thanks. Glad to know that S3 is still being popular these days. Regarding modding - i usually prefer doing things alone as this is my hobby - not a way to get some fame/money/whatever. So i`ll decline your offer, but thanks anyway.

Regarding modding - i usually prefer doing things alone as this is my hobby - not a way to get some fame/money/whatever.

Heh, always thought that modding is not a way to earn something. I find it like a great way to kill your time in the evening and get your beloved headache. Of course for desired result. =) Still, Will be glad to help somehow . By saying somehow most part I mean an object. Usually its more ease to make some boomstick (or pale of bricks(for example)) and then put it in game than try to understand what to write in ini`s or whatever to make that boomstick glow red. Anyway second variant can be done too.

Ps not trying to boast but there some "boomstick" for example https://cs310326.vk.m...zTM_qu5uaLw.jpg these were put in 7.62 high caliber.

Pps And imo such big mods may need not even 2 people , but a fortunate team... But thats just imo.

• 1 month later...

Brilliant initiative building this mod!

I've been playing around for a day or so and I must say this super fun. However I noticed a few issues:

-To get unlimited ammo just unload a modded gun and then remove mods to get a fully loaded basic version of the gun. Unload that and reapply the mods to get a fully loaded modded gun. (I guess one can just play around it i.e. not exploit it.)

-I can't make the Marksman variant of the 6mm assault rifle even though I only have a bipod, sniper scope and gun in my inventory.

-In the Mutant Wastes I encountered two types of SSS random missions.

Thanks again for a great mod, now back to playing.

Kalle

• 3 months later...

Wow. So, I accidently found this thread and decided to install Sentinels and try it out.

What a good job! Almost everything fits perfectly in post-apocalypse enviroment, and no bugs found, only little incomplete flaws - original random encounters, Mutant Wastes named England ans so on.

I understood right, what "recover technology" is the last mission in current version (0.3)? Or I did something wrong?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok so it's an 2016 now on and the last update was in 2014.

Okim, please don't tell us the bird just died. It's quite a bad thing looking the good concept with lots of content (good content) shuts down like that in the almost beginning. Players don't even went far enouth to get the power armor.

I mean its pain! Especially when nowadays post nuclear games look that retarded...

Yeah, the bird is dead.

I have lost all the data in 2015. So i have nothing to work with except just models and textures. The only hope for this mod to possibly see some progress is if someone still has the achive with the latest version somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the bird is dead.

I have lost all the data in 2015. So i have nothing to work with except just models and textures. The only hope for this mod to possibly see some progress is if someone still has the achive with the latest version somewhere.

I have version 1.4. Would that hellp?

My mistake...Sorry, I don't have it

Yeah, the bird is dead.

I have APN.03, is that it?

If not then that's terrible since this was the last TBT that focuses on simulation instead of Xcom:EU style board game mechanics.

I'll upload it anyway for anyone who just discovered this:

https://www65.zippyshare.com/v/LCy85gil/file.html

file host kinda probably has a lot of ads but I can't tell since I use adblock, I'll upload it somewhere else if anyone has problems.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I Think i got your latest version on my pc. i might have take look this evening. Just let me know how to post it.

Thanks.

Just post it anywhere (assuming it's different than the file I posted.)

Okim hasn't been active since January so I doubt he'll respond.

Guess someone should try contacting him some other way.

Sorry, guys, i`m currently extremely busy with work and family and wont be comming to any way of modding within the next few years.

Pretty much i can say that this mod is ceasing it`s development...

• 7 years later...
On 6/8/2016 at 2:21 PM, Okim said:

Sorry, guys, i`m currently extremely busy with work and family and wont be comming to any way of modding within the next few years.

Pretty much i can say that this mod is ceasing it`s development...

Because you need to mod SotS? JUST KIDDING, just kidding. RL is a fun killer, but ultimately, it is the RL... ;)