168 replies to this topic

#141 Fishmachine

Fishmachine

Lead Executive Complainer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:52 PM

Speaking of those games - haven't you got a thought about kickstarting it and doing a separate game instead of a mod that will be only played by a few people still willing to run and mod a 10+ year old game?

#142 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:59 AM

There are some implications here. First of all - kickstarter is not available for the Russian Federation. Only USA and UK memers are allowed as kickstarter hosts.

Secondly - there is a major difference between making a mod and creating a new game. Engine rights, required art, code, texts and lots of other issues that i doubt even kickstarter will cover.

Thirdly - that kind of project requires some serious dedication which i have almost no time for. Modding is a hobby for me - it doesn`t matter if my mods are played or not.

#143 Fishmachine

Fishmachine

Lead Executive Complainer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:15 AM

Aaaarg... all the wasted potential!
I'd really love to see all your hard work getting into a shape of full-feature game.

#144 Orcinator

Orcinator

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:30 PM

You could look into patreon since that's more of a donation than a purchase.

Not sure if that accepts people in russia though.

#145 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:38 PM

Look. What i do is free of charge and i wish to keep it so. If people are willing to express their gratitude in a monetary way - they have such an option (even if its hidden via some links).

#146 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,567 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:20 PM

The essence of modding.

#147 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

Hi, guys.

I think that i`m ready to release what i have now. It is a set of 4 missions, weapon conversions, a couple of randoms and some other stuff i was working this year.

Link is in the OP.

#148 Alfred

Alfred

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:25 PM

Hi,

Is it just me or is something different with the ambush?
At the first enemy round the sniper dies from Dynamite - he does not give a shot in the intro but a bullet is missing in the gun btw...
If the left gunner gets his grenade out at last one of the remaining characters gets AP reduction or similar, making it impossible to me to get more than 3 enemys down in total.
If the left gunner saves the grenate he snapshoots with the 3 barrel SG across the map and hits 3 times of 4 with at last one bullet for 10-16 dmg witha very good good crit rate...Posted Image
The "bulletpack" seems to be a bit dense for such distances.

Tried it at last 20 times now... going left, right or staying - makes no difference. Going berzerk speeds the end up...
One stray bullet in direcrion of the head makes it pop instant.

Playing on diff. 2.5 as usual
All 100% lvl+2

The new content looks tasty  - if i could only get there via the fairway Posted Image
Maybe i get better luck tomorrow.

#149 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

There is a significant difficulty shift where 'normal' provides no bonuses to both sides (unlike in the original one). To be short - normal is difficult in APN. As for head shots and shotguns - it fires 10 pellets at an average accuracy of 10%, so it is normal to get hit by at least 1 pellet at such distance (which is considered short BTW). There is an issue with AI which always tries to hit in the head instead of firing normally, so it is also a normal situation to get hit in the head with the shotgun. This i can`t fix.

#150 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,567 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:29 PM

Congratulations for release! I was wondering if you would be able to finish the mod, now that you have far less time than you used to... A good thing, naturally! I hope I'll get to S3 soon.

So, now that the mod is out, would it be better to head strait for it? Without playing through the original?

#151 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:03 PM

I don`t wish to disappoint you, but the mod is far away from being finished. It is just a set of 4 missions out of 18+ plus randoms plus minor missions plus more weapons plus powered armours. I get a feeling that this one may turn into my life-time project :)

#152 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,567 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:16 PM

If I was dissapointed it would be my own fault... It is not like I can demand anything , I can only be glad if something comes along.

#153 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:00 PM

Something odd has just happened with my Silent Strom Sentinels. All of a sudden the editor crashes with the 'failed to initialise Direct3D' error. The odd thing is that everything worked fine just a month ago. Have anybody stumbled on something similar?

And the game itself is working strange. Glass is not transparent, gun models are misplaced, antialiasing has gone...

#154 Igniz

Igniz

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:12 AM

Recently decided to run my SS2 and SS3 ... Those were old original CD`s with brand new dust on tem :P. Then I decided to look for some mods and suddenly found this.
GREAT WORK , really, looks very different from original SS from maps to pretty much everything , but the faces are familiar. And there one more thing to notice, many have tried but most of them did not get the picture of wasteland in their games/mods/projects, but you did.

пы сы, мод действительно понравился, знаачт, хотелось бы чем нить подсобить, с моддингом знаком, руки более менее прямые, могу пруфы в студию. (правда над самим SS ещё не изгалялся, но жертвами опытов пали многие)

#155 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

While i`m trying to figure out how to make my S3 editor to work again here is a little extra for you to glare at :)

http://vk.com/album-79492997_207641927

This is a 5-years old project for Warhammer 40k that i`m currently actively reanimating and polishing. It is a stompa for the Armageddon version of WH40k, but with the new rules this tough guy can be used in normal battles.

Igniz, on 07 December 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

Recently decided to run my SS2 and SS3 ... Those were old original CD`s with brand new dust on tem Posted Image. Then I decided to look for some mods and suddenly found this.
GREAT WORK , really, looks very different from original SS from maps to pretty much everything , but the faces are familiar. And there one more thing to notice, many have tried but most of them did not get the picture of wasteland in their games/mods/projects, but you did.

пы сы, мод действительно понравился, знаачт, хотелось бы чем нить подсобить, с моддингом знаком, руки более менее прямые, могу пруфы в студию. (правда над самим SS ещё не изгалялся, но жертвами опытов пали многие)

Thanks. Glad to know that S3 is still being popular these days. Regarding modding - i usually prefer doing things alone as this is my hobby - not a way to get some fame/money/whatever. So i`ll decline your offer, but thanks anyway.

#156 Igniz

Igniz

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:53 PM

Okim, on 08 December 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

Regarding modding - i usually prefer doing things alone as this is my hobby - not a way to get some fame/money/whatever.
Heh, always thought that modding is not a way to earn something. I find it like a great way to kill your time in the evening and get your beloved headache. Of course for desired result. =) Still, Will be glad to help somehow . By saying somehow most part I mean  an object. Usually its more ease to make some boomstick (or pale of bricks(for example)) and then put it in game than try to understand what to write in ini`s or whatever to make that boomstick glow red. Anyway second variant can be done too.

Spoiler

#157 Toneone

Toneone

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:30 AM

Good to see another release, Okim! Gonna snag it for the holidays :D

#158 psynic

psynic

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:38 AM

Looks good, definitely more than a simple mod. Have just gone and got SS:gold from GOG for S3 as my boxed copy was just SS and probably somewhere in storage. Will monitor this thread for updates.

#159 Kal

Kal

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

Brilliant initiative building this mod!

I've been playing around for a day or so and I must say this super fun. However I noticed a few issues:

-To get unlimited ammo just unload a modded gun and then remove mods to get a fully loaded basic version of the gun. Unload that and reapply the mods to get a fully loaded modded gun. (I guess one can just play around it i.e. not exploit it.)
-I can't make the Marksman variant of the 6mm assault rifle even though I only have a bipod, sniper scope and gun in my inventory.
-In the Mutant Wastes I encountered two types of SSS random missions.

Thanks again for a great mod, now back to playing.

Kalle

#160 LeonserGT

LeonserGT

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:07 PM

Wow. So, I accidently found this thread and decided to install Sentinels and try it out.
What a good job! Almost everything fits perfectly in post-apocalypse enviroment, and no bugs found, only little incomplete flaws - original random encounters, Mutant Wastes named England ans so on.
I understood right, what "recover technology" is the last mission in current version (0.3)? Or I did something wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users