A Post-Nuclear Mod for SS1

Okim

Well, no idea why but there are some theories why they did not include it, the most likely reason is, that the editor requires MySQL server runtime environment or something and that this is not compatible with current operation systems like Vista, Win7 and 8, seeing that the game already has issues recognizing modern graphic cards it seems logical to me. Another reason could be that the editor is simply too complex and GOG could not properly support it. There is a thread in the GOG forums of people asking to finally include the editor for the game as well but I doubt that will happen expect the Devs of S2/S3 decide to release a SDK for the game.

Also are you sure that you can alter game database files? I looked at the More Uniforms Mod again and it actually does not include new content it just unlocks all uniforms already in the game, meaning you can now choose even Uniforms from the various NPCs in the game and such. I somehow doubt even if I had a working editor that I would be able to do this from starch. That was one reason I asked you, seeing that you are a experienced modder and I am not. If there is someone else I could ask for this then let me know.

Just to ciunter your question of "Why is that so important to you?", well Grenade Increase is actually a must have for both S2 and S3 for how unrealistically short the normal grenade range is and the "More Uniforms to Choose From" let me choose a really nice looking Player model that I would like to use again for S3 so I can basically continue the story of my main character. It is alos odd that no one made "Easier Engineering and Medical Items" for S3 as well.

Well and I also like to play my games modded, its more fun that way.

I don't really want to hijack Okim's thread, I'll just say that making more available uniforms in Sentinels is a bit more complex than in the original since they are not simple unchangeable body models anymore, they are separate, possibly purchasable items with their own geometry that one can use to redress one's characters.

The editor tabs involved (using only the existing models and geometries):

- Models tab (create new item - folded uniform model, linked to an geometry of another existing folded uniform and a material of the uniform you are creating, body or legs, whatever looks better)

- RPGitems tab (camera values need to be copied from an existing uniform, linked to the model you created + name of your item)

- Uniforms tab (pick gender, choose your own layout of where every item is going to be (i.e grenades on the chest or waist, knife, flask, backback, etc.), linked to body model (not folded uni model) and to RPG item (of the folded uni) you created.

Tada! New unifrom is ready for use. If one wants to add them to the seller's list of items avalable for purchase - add the new RPG item ID to RPGshopitems table via MSAccess, it directly modifies the database files - hence no need to save, just exit MSAccess, restart the editor and press the "build" button. There are several columns to fill out: Rating - determines how early in the plot progression the item is going to be available - "0" makes it available from the start, Quantity - the number of items in the store, ItemID - the ID from RPGitems tab, and the SideID - pick "2" for it to work .

The end result is - you are not stuck with the same looking character for the rest of the game and can change it instantly after finding or puchasing a different uniform appropriate to your character's gender.

There is also virtually an unlimited number of variations in ammo, holsters, melee, grenade item layouts possible for any given uniform (not counting the numerous combinations of body + headgear + set items provided in the Uniform editor tab. Many body models come with "orders" (insignia possibilities) - i.e. certain parts of body have areas that can be decorated with specific shoulder and sleeve insignia (usually a transparent material added on top of the existing "body" or "legs" materials)

Anyway, I'll start a thread in the Modding Forum and listen to requests of what you guys want to be done. Then give me a day or two and I'll make a mod. (I'll post a link here once the thread is up, thanks)

Edit: Link to "All Uniforms" mod

~Blunter~

P.S. BTW what is that "relly nice player model"?

P.S.2: You could invite those GOG forum folks here, I am willing to help. We might end up making a community inspired mod in the end.

• 10 months later...
Hi there guys! Long time no see. I came here today to ask for your assistance. I`m trying to figure out how the Silent Storm: Sentinels campaign works, especially how exactly goals/tasks are assigned/trigered and new missions being unlocked. Also any tips on script functions and what they do would be great.

Its slowly being developed. The game itself is ready and being tested, but all the organisation issues (like trademark registration, for example) are troublesme here is RF. It needs time and a lot of it.

We`ve launched a game site with expanded info on game elements, some examples and shots,but for now its in russian only.

P.S.:

topic-related - after some trial and errors i`ve managed to create a playable first mission in S^3 with objectives.Now i need to figure uot how missions are interconnected...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...