merge Reticulan 2 with Total Rebalanced

daviderr

Few days ago a successfully merge Reticulan2 to Advanced Mission and 21cw and some other minor mods.

sorcerer.gif

After that I wish I merge it with the other very big mod.

The major of entity/equipment ID are distribuited in different range (2000 for TR, 4000 for Ret)

therefore I tried to merge the two mods

miner.gif

but

I am in trouble with SubRace.txt and Equipment.txt relating to armors

wallbash.gif

R2 mod renamed the armors and change their attribute

TR mod rebalanced armors too

R2 change the armoursid in subrace.txt

I see the different attributes values ...read.gif

but I need to know the original idea to obtain a balanced merged mod ...

I have to append to Ret2 armors the protection attributes of TR new damage types

but those are need to have good sense

The armors have different bags type/dim too ...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Didn't the Reticulan mod only add new armors for the sake of your 'cloned' aliens? I don't think that would conflict with Total Rebalance.

If it does, it may be good to take a look at each armor from either mod and see how early you get it, what it adds, and how much space it holds.

With human advancement comes the idea to research similar enhancements/modifications for aliens. Grab the original armors, make them early stage, and other armors, modified to relate to the human advancements, obtained from research after human research. I'll try and find the time to look into Rebalance armors myself, but I'd be doing so in game and have a high likelihood of procrastination now that I have a reason to play, so don't expect much.

• 1 month later...

Don't forget the 'entity.txt' entry. I did that myself a few times, and with this big a project you may have more difficulties. For one thing you may have to annotate some of the number... er, not ids the other number. I know it matters with 'effect.txt' as it calls that number, not the ID when you apply a temporary or permanent effect, and if you are adding effects from both mods the numbers will change. I know ALTR adds effects but I haven't messed with the new Retmod much other than to look at the new armors. As to applying ALTR's new damage types to Retmod's new armors, I think most are fairly self explanatory, but there could be a few oddities. For starters you need to go through and check how AP damage is affected for armored and unarmored targets. I can't remember offhand if it is opposite what normal projectile damage does or just gives more penetration on armored targets and just does similar damage to normal projectile damage on unarmored foes.

I'm adding AP damage to a mod of mine but I flip it. AP vs unarmored targets would not be wise, there is blow through and it does less damage than normal proj dam. Thus there is a point to keeping both types of ammo.

My take on the rest:

Plasma damage would equate similarly to fire in the base (or Retmod, I believe it still uses fire damage type for plasma weapons). I'd give it a bit better penetration vs energy blocking shield/armors, but not much. Needs to be a reason to use it instead of fire.

Acid I'd think would be half way between energy and ballistic. It is solid, but burns like energy. Perhaps make it good block on both blue and yellow suits.

API Tricky, it's ballistic with incendiary. Again should be both but the damage done is flame, with design for it to penetrate heavy armor. I'd say overall that it'd be better vs yellow than blue, as it is supposed to penetrate armor that stops normal bullets, and the blue energy armor would block the incendiary better.

Stun: Well, since on the baton's and taser toolkits it supposed to be electrical I'd say it'd have better penetration vs yellow than blue. Energy armor would absorb the electricity better.

Hmm, without loading up ALTR's damage list I can't remember off hand any of the other dam types. Hope this helps anyway.

Gimlet