X-Com 2: Terror from the Deep - Vista Problem

Balth

I installed Collector's Edition of TFTD in my Laptop (Vista, Dual-Core) but when i try to play the game, it loads to a black screen and then hangs. If I Alt+Tab out and then reopen it, i get an error message and games closes.

Same problem with UFO 1 (I don't want to play UFO 1, just wanted to test if the same problem will appear). Although in UFO 1 the music plays!

I tried TFTD to a P4 one-core with XP and it works fine.

If i try to open the game using the TFTD Extender, this message appears:

https://i46.tinypic.com/2q23hbr.jpg

I want to really try this TFTD Extender here: https://www.strategyc...-tftd-extender/

It seems very good!

Anyone knows how can i make TFTD work in my Laptop?

P.S: Is TFTD Collector's Edition patched to ver. 2.1 or do i have to apply the patch?

Download and extract XcomUtil into your game folder. Go into the XcomUtil folder now in your game directory, into the Patches folder in that, and run the two EXEs you see in there (Xcom Vista Patch.exe and XcomUtil UAC Fix.exe).

After that, run the game "normally" and see what happens, then try with Extender.

You don't need the 2.1 patch, the CE version is the latest.

Download and extract XcomUtil into your game folder. Go into the XcomUtil folder now in your game directory, into the Patches folder in that, and run the two EXEs you see in there (Xcom Vista Patch.exe and XcomUtil UAC Fix.exe).

After that, run the game "normally" and see what happens, then try with Extender.

You don't need the 2.1 patch, the CE version is the latest.

Ok. i did as you said. The problem remains.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Check the Extender INI and ensure that:

D3D=1

D3D Windowed=1

Skip Intro=0

Ok. thanks! :)

I did these and the game now works fine. Few crashes here and there but nothing serious.

By the way, this only works with TFTD Extender. If i try XcomUtil, game still has problems.

XcomUtil has some nice features, especially the "Save soldiers equipment configuration"! This is a HUGE time saver!

Any idea how i can combine Extender and XcomUtil?