Speed issue

aefi

Hello.

i'm trying to run Ufogold (X-COM: UFO Defense Gold Edition) on XP. Everything runs fine except that in combat, the scroll speed is too fast making it unplayable.

i did a search on this forums and fount topic about same problem. And there person seems to fixed it.

But im myself no that knowledgeable person about software and could understand what ppl are talking about there and even less how they fixed the problem.

If there someone who can explain that to me?

Thank you.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally worked out why this never affected my primary computer: I was running old display drivers. I upgraded them and hey presto! Now my machine messes up the game speed too. Joy.

Anyway, UFOextender can sort that out for you (along with just about any other problem you might possibly run in to).

ok.. UFO loader.. i have problems/questions with that as well..

1. on download page the zip archive from latest date only have patcher.dll file. but in instructions it ask to open INI file from archive.

2. why in instructions it says that i need Microsoft VC++2008, but afterwords it doesnt say anything about using it, or how to use it.

ok.. UFO loader.. i have problems/questions with that as well..

1. on download page the zip archive from latest date only have patcher.dll file. but in instructions it ask to open INI file from archive.

Far as I can tell, the last two updates to the file were only to the patcher.dll file. I'd download the most recent full version from 23 September 2012, then download the latest patch from 27 September 2012, dump the patcher.dll file from the patch into the full version from the 23rd and you should be good to go. (Or just use the download from the 23rd or even the 6th of August if you aren't concerned about the various updates). Don't ask me why the latest download doesn't include the whole program.

2. why in instructions it says that i need Microsoft VC++2008, but afterwords it doesnt say anything about using it, or how to use it.

You need Microsoft VC++2008 because UFOExtender is written using code from it. You don't use it at all after you install, but UFOExtender will (behind the scenes).

- Zombie

• 1 year later...

Hello.

i'm trying to run Ufogold (X-COM: UFO Defense Gold Edition) on XP. Everything runs fine except that in combat, the scroll speed is too fast making it unplayable.

i did a search on this forums and fount topic about same problem. And there person seems to fixed it.

But im myself no that knowledgeable person about software and could understand what ppl are talking about there and even less how they fixed the problem.

If there someone who can explain that to me?

Thank you.

Yea as has been said: Make sure your drivers are up to date. And even more importantly.... get Windows 7/8 cause soon no games will be working on XP anymore ;)