New UFO: Alien Invasion Screenshots!

Pete

The UFO: Alien Invasion team have released some new screenshots over at ther website showing a map with a HUGE crashed alien spaceship and a squad about to go in and clean up.

Check out the new pictures as well as the many others in their media section, and if you haven't tried it already, grab their cool technical demo from their downloads area!

https://www.x-com.co.uk/pages/news/bigcrash.jpghttps://www.x-com.co.uk/pages/news/crashint.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, all I have to say is... wow.

This game has serious, SERIOUS potential. I just got done playing a few missions in the demo, and wowza kazowza, it is AWESOME!!! Totally recreates UFO defense more than UFO... eh... whatever it was called... the game that had the Biomass.

Anyways, this game rocks. If you haven't played the demo, do it now.

• 3 years later...

This might not be the relevant section to post such a post,but nonetheless here it is.

Regarding UFOAI,I am new to this game and the team behind it,but am a long term fan of the X-COM games and have all the UFO games also,but is this program free to the public?,and can someone tell me what else I might need to run this program?

In a nutshell,just tell me what I need from the beginning? *really interested in this new project*

Many thanks :blink:

Slaughter,

Thanks a lot for that info,thats just what I needed.For ages now I have wanted to play my old X-COM games on PC,but for obvious reasons they have a lot of difficulty due to the complexity of OSs today.I really hope I manage to get UFO-AI installed and running ok.

Finally,do YOU yourself have this game?,and do you rate it next to the X-COM games?

Cheers :blink:

One last thing Slaughter,

At the download location,there are a few to choose from,but with Windows XP I expect I would choose the bottom one win32.exe ?

Thanks again!

Being a fan-made game that is still in development, it isn't X-COM standard yet. Then again, it's been some time since I tested it, so it's likely even better now. Regardless, it's good fun ;)

As for which file, I believe I wrote that in my last post :blink:. But yes, it's the last file.

So,the game is still in development?.

I looked at some screenshots earlier and they look better than what I originally expected,the green aliens in particular (Mutons from X-COM?) looked pretty good.Are there Sectoids in this?,I loved them hehe.

All in all,I think its a very impressive effort from fans alone,to say that they have had no professional help either?,just shows you what can happen when similar minds get together.

Looking forward to playing this,if all goes well of course.

I have approx 23 hrs of dload left *sigh*

Thanks.