Changing Critical and Aim values in Classic

Rymdkejsaren

I see a lot of mods out there that include a nerf on the alien Critical chance and Aim values in Classic mode, from what I understand they are beefed to levels above that of XCOM operatives in that difficulty. I find this annoying since higher difficulty really should not be about things like that. I would really like to see a mod that changes those values and nothing else. Normal iron man is too easy for now, but Classic just gets frustrating when you are playing all tactical and some alien crits you from half the map away, over and over.

I know little of modding and was hoping someone could cook this up? I've asked the guy who made this mod: https://xcom.nexusmods.com/mods/10/ but he does not seem to be replying.

Rymdkejsaren,

While poking around the game files for my own neferious purposes I have found the part which modifies the alien base stats for the different difficulty modes.

If you still want to nerf just the aim and crit values then take a look at DefaultGameCore.ini:

Starting around line 93 you will find the BalanceMods_... lines. There are a set for each difficultly level, and you should be able to change the modifications to the units here. I would try setting the iCritHit and iAim values to 0.

I haven't tried it yet, but that might do the trick.

Edit: After a couple of quick tries doing some simple stuff (shorter sat build time, etc) I found that just editing the DefaultGameCore.ini won't do it, as the game has them compiled into the exe for some reason.

The good news is that you can grab DarkReaver1980's AntiCheat mod, replace the DefaultGameCore.mod file with a copy of DefaultGameCore.ini, make your changes to that then run his modpatcher and it will then work.

Not quite simples, but almost.

Edited by Alan