Mods for XCOM

None of those options look like they're going to improve anything... They all make the game even harder than it already is so I can't see any attraction to using them on the higher difficulties and if you want a harder game than normal just PLAY the higher difficulties :P Really don't care if it's a legitimate mod or not, I don't want it one bit!

I want more pockets and more men. And more grenades.

Then I'd play it again.

It seems to me they balanced it out some in regards to the 2-move set up by making things like grenades a one-off, til you gain exp there are certan skills that will allow more inventory/uses of items :)

Support get a second slot so you can carry a medkit and a grenade or whatever other combo you want. And heavy can end up with 3 rockets and 2 grenades! Not to mention support can use medkits 3 times and snipers can take 2 shots per turn... The skills change the entire game with time, just be patient and experiment with different build options and you'll soon find the one that works best for you!

"In the zone" for snipers allows for continuous shots against enemies out in the open if you get the kill. It's great for clearing away drones and floaters, provided you don't miss. You can use the assaults flush ability to help with this (drives enemies out of cover) but the one time I used it it just made the muton elite I used it against run straight to another covered position!

How do you rate in the zone against double tap? I always think it's better to be guaranteed two shots than to maybe get multiple IF you hit and IF you kill. For me 'In the Zone' is only useful when you have multiple weak enemy targets visible out of cover. And that happens a lot less than I think it needs to for the skill to be useful personally...

Well, by the time it unlocks your sniper will generally one shot kill any of the "minor" aliens in the game, up to Mutons. So if, for example, you have squad sight and are doing a map with lots of drones, floaters etc then it is very handy for clearing them out while thd rest of your squad concentrate on the more troublesome aliens. I could see it being handy for Chryssalids too but never got the opportunity to try. My one sniper with the ability got mind controlled and reaction fire from his squadmates cut him down before I could do anything about it :(