#1 Mithran

Mithran

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Hi everyone

I recently started playing UFO:AL again and am playing vanilla 1.7. Here I noticed that the research for advanced mining didn't show up even after finishing both crystal and noble metal mining. After researching a bit more and finally concluding it wasn't gonna show up. I used the console to give me all research to see if that would give it to me.
Lo and behold suddenly I had all research including the advanced mining.
Anyone knows of a way to fix this without getting all research?

On a side note: I used the console to give some training to my soldiers in this game, dunno if that had anything to do with the research not showing up, but I wouldn't expect it hence my question here.

#2 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Try switching to unavailable tab - there it shows what are you missing - probably you need more resources.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Mithran

Mithran

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

It didn't show in the unavailable tab either. Only time I've seen it this time around was when I used the console to get all research, then it showed in completed with the listed requirements of crystal mining and noble metal mining.

#4 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

I am sure you are missing some pre-reqs like not enough resources or there is other hidden tech - there is a tech tree in file department - please check it out - you migh also want to search some walkthroughs - IGN is a good place there are for sure some information what you need more. I assure you that playing on 1.7 you can't have bugged research tree as I played the game 3-4 times.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Mithran

Mithran

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

ok thanks I'll try to look at IGN, the tech tree didn't show any hidden requirements as that was the first thing I looked at to see if I had forgotten something hehe

#6 Antaeus

Antaeus

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

I know I'm digging up a year old post here, but I'm having the same trouble. I decided to dig up the Technlogy file and see the prerequisits myself, here's what I found.

SubTechnology RECORD
  id INT 337
  isonstart BOOL F
  timetodevelop FLT 24
  name STR "T_AdvancedMining"
  originIndex INT 2
  ListOfPrerequisity ARRAY 3
SubPrerequisity RECORD
  entityStringId STR "T_CrystalMining"
  isvisible FLT 0.4
END_OF_SubPrerequisity
SubPrerequisity RECORD
  entityStringId STR "T_NobleMetalMining"
  isvisible FLT 0.4
END_OF_SubPrerequisity
SubPrerequisity RECORD
  entityStringId STR "TerraformAdvMine"
  isvisible FLT 0.4
END_OF_SubPrerequisity
  END_OF_ListOfPrerequisity
END_OF_SubTechnology

I'm not an experienced modder, but IF I am reading this right, advanced mining has 3 prerequisits: Nobel metals mining, crystal mining, and "TerraformAdvMine" ... The thing is that there is no other mention of "TerraformAdvMine" anywhere else in the file. Is it a missing technology (meaning I will never get Advanced Mining) or does it have to do with something else that isn't in this particular file?

Edit: Looking more into it, prerequisits that are technologies all seem to begin with a " T_ ", so I'm assuming that it's not a technology. But I still don't know what it is.

Edited by Antaeus, 08 October 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#7 Antaeus

Antaeus

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

Well the reasearch option has just poped up in my game. Checking the overview screen, mars was at 49% teraformed when it happened. So maybe thats the trigger?

#8 ERISS

ERISS

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostAntaeus, on 11 October 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

the reasearch,
mars was at 49% teraformed when it happened. So maybe thats the trigger?
Sure.
You should play in an easier difficulty, then you shouldn't need to spoil and misunderstand the game.

#9 emmagine

emmagine

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:50 AM

here ya go.

http://www.irodemine..._AdvancedMining

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users