Can't research advanced mining

Mithran

Hi everyone

I recently started playing UFO:AL again and am playing vanilla 1.7. Here I noticed that the research for advanced mining didn't show up even after finishing both crystal and noble metal mining. After researching a bit more and finally concluding it wasn't gonna show up. I used the console to give me all research to see if that would give it to me.

Lo and behold suddenly I had all research including the advanced mining.

Anyone knows of a way to fix this without getting all research?

On a side note: I used the console to give some training to my soldiers in this game, dunno if that had anything to do with the research not showing up, but I wouldn't expect it hence my question here.

I am sure you are missing some pre-reqs like not enough resources or there is other hidden tech - there is a tech tree in file department - please check it out - you migh also want to search some walkthroughs - IGN is a good place there are for sure some information what you need more. I assure you that playing on 1.7 you can't have bugged research tree as I played the game 3-4 times.

• 11 months later...

I know I'm digging up a year old post here, but I'm having the same trouble. I decided to dig up the Technlogy file and see the prerequisits myself, here's what I found.

SubTechnology RECORD

id INT 337

isonstart BOOL F

timetodevelop FLT 24

name STR "T_AdvancedMining"

originIndex INT 2

ListOfPrerequisity ARRAY 3

SubPrerequisity RECORD

entityStringId STR "T_CrystalMining"

isvisible FLT 0.4

END_OF_SubPrerequisity

SubPrerequisity RECORD

entityStringId STR "T_NobleMetalMining"

isvisible FLT 0.4

END_OF_SubPrerequisity

SubPrerequisity RECORD

entityStringId STR "TerraformAdvMine"

isvisible FLT 0.4

END_OF_SubPrerequisity

END_OF_ListOfPrerequisity

END_OF_SubTechnology

I'm not an experienced modder, but IF I am reading this right, advanced mining has 3 prerequisits: Nobel metals mining, crystal mining, and "TerraformAdvMine" ... The thing is that there is no other mention of "TerraformAdvMine" anywhere else in the file. Is it a missing technology (meaning I will never get Advanced Mining) or does it have to do with something else that isn't in this particular file?

Edit: Looking more into it, prerequisits that are technologies all seem to begin with a " T_ ", so I'm assuming that it's not a technology. But I still don't know what it is.

Edited by Antaeus

• 8 months later...