Battlescape refreshing bug when scrolling

sajm0n

Hi guys, i have problem with displaying battlescape when im going on base attack mission. (it never happened (yet?) on diffrent mission types tho.) i have problems with refreshing the screen when i scroll. some things stay on the screen, cant say what is real and what is just a glitch. basically its not playable because of that, whole screen becomes one big accumulation of random objects.

i use DosBox 0.74 on windows xp sp2, without it its not playable at all because of the super fast scrolling speed on battlescape, and the same bug appears there too anyway.

my english is not perfect, i hope u will understand what i wanted to say wink.png

thanks for help

ps. game's ufo:enemy uknown, for u to be sure

Attacking an alien base? I think I know the problem. If I'm not mistaken, an earlier diskette version of the game had a corrupted map block for the alien base, which is the + shapped corridor, and I don't think the patches ever fixed this.

The corruption was actually a snippet of the game C code that overwrote the map file. When the game tries to render the map, it can't so nothing new is drawn to the screen except what was there before, leaving a hall of mirrors type effect.

There's a similar problem with the hangar base tiles for the X-Com base, where if they are damaged, sometimes there will be stray pixel sized holes in the tiles where the same effect occurs.

- NKF