XCOM Enemy Unknown Demo Released!

Hobbes

XCOM Enemy Unknown

2K Games have released a free, playable demo of XCOM: Enemy Unknown for Windows PC, available through Steam at this page.

The demo consists a guided tour through two missions and to experience the XCOM base.

Enjoy responsibly, join in the discussion in our dedicated XCOM Enemy Unknown forum and enter our competition for a chance to win a boxed copy of the game.

It'll only take you an hour to rattle through this, and it's highly recommended to give it a whirl (obviously!) to get a feel for the game.

I've posted my thoughts here if you'd all care to chime in? Personally, I enjoyed it - very different and can feel a little restrictive in the first scripted mission but after that your squad-mates lives are in your hands :)

Went with balanced squad, and suffered no casualties either.

Went with cover usage, then opted for the riskier alien capture move instead of kill all hostiles, but that particular choice seemed to be ignored as the squaddies just mopped them up.

::

I guess it was a no-nonsense kind of squad. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I've still not watched any of the vids past the earlier PAX ones I think - that one in the train yard was the last I saw.

It does spoil it a bit that they've released so much, and spoils it even more when every man and his dog has done massive amounts of playthrough videos already.

I remember the joys of the original when I genuinely didn't know what was coming next - even though I had played TFTD first ;)