Quick movie review comments

Slaughter

• 4 weeks later...

I'd just like to point out that for some reason, Aralez mentions "28 Days" in his review of the remake of Dawn of the Dead. I thought it was an ok film, and Sandra Bullock performed competently and while perhaps it sometimes made little of the very serious subject of addiction, it was an ok film.

Unless, of course, he meant "28 Days Later" which ruled with an iron fist. I never thought opinions could be wrong until someone said he didn't like that film. He was just intimidated by the greatness, I suppose.

He probably meant "28 days later". It's got very nice tension in it, but the zombie attack scenes are bad with a capital B! Camera jumping here and there making it impossible to see what is in fact happening. Surely not a class A movie, but a good try that is better than Dawn of the Dead in many ways - just not the actual action scenes.

• 3 weeks later...

Good to hear :confused:. I'll have to see it again soon too, to pick up on the details. You never get all of them the first time through when watching a movie like this.

Did you read the comic? How about the others I mention, like Preacher and Spawn?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It's been a few years since I saw it, but I recall that I highly enjoyed it.

I'm recommending Tim Burton's Corpse Bride to anybody who has seen, and liked The Nightmare Before Christmas.

And I don't much like 28 days later because they changed the storyline halfway through. They started off with the premise that the infection had spread across the world, but then changed it after filming the London scenes to saying that it had been contained within mainland Britain. If it had been contained, the survivors in London would have picked up radio messages from France and tried to escape by sea rather than risk the dangerous trip north. And the characters they encountered would also have known that the infection had been contained, so they would have behaved differently...

It's been a few years since I saw it, but I recall that I highly enjoyed it.

I'm recommending Tim Burton's Corpse Bride to anybody who has seen, and liked The Nightmare Before Christmas.

And I don't much like 28 days later because they changed the storyline halfway through. They started off with the premise that the infection had spread across the world, but then changed it after filming the London scenes to saying that it had been contained within mainland Britain. If it had been contained, the survivors in London would have picked up radio messages from France and tried to escape by sea rather than risk the dangerous trip north. And the characters they encountered would also have known that the infection had been contained, so they would have behaved differently...

I loved The Nightmare Before Christmas, but didn't really like Corpse Bride, I was expecting something just as good, but didn't get it, it's not a bad movie by itself, but don't expect something as great as the Nightmare.

Haha, I remember watching Amadeus in the high school music class. We watched it for the length of 7 classes (though it would only really take two). :what: And while I don't remember much anymore, yes the spoiled Mozart was quite amusing.

The Nightmare before Christmas was fun as well, though I felt it was a bit short, but I would still recommend it. In the very least it deserves it because it's not "yet another Hollywood movie which is basically the same movie you have already watched but with different actors". :bleh: