ComboMod 3.0

Aralez

As soon as i have completed the final tests i will upload BlackAlmaz' new version of the combomod! I will add the Ethereal and the Human raiders from Fulby, the flare (and the two flare-grenades for the MiniLauncher and the M79) will do a short stun damage now, several new weapon-models will be included and some bugs were removed. If the test are succesful, you will maybe see a Full-auto setting for some weapons, but i have to take a look there first, BA only told me about it, i didn't test it yet. I will also include a readme :( A new one, more readable than my last ones... Oh remember the enemy has the flareweapons, too :(

I will also try to make the heavy weapons (BFG, Lurkergun etc.) in the alien loadout appear less often.

The ethereal will be immune to PSI-attacks and mostly carry psi-weapons.

I think i will be finished around 10-11 pm CET today, keep your fingers crossed!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, the mod is done! All i need is the login data for the server. BA or Slaughter, can you send them to me?

Ah, got it!

Here a pic of the ethereal (Fulby i love you :( ):

https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/forums/uploads/photo-1029.jpg

I couldn't test the human raiders, the spec-ops work, everything else works, the BAD weapons will be VERY seldom now in alien hands.

ok, i'll upload, when done i'll post the link.

This is the Combo-Mod readme that Aralez put together.

This is only a short description of the mod, if i would try to explain everything we've done, this would be several pages long. If you want the complete background information visit the forums at www.ufoaftermath.co.uk and look for the mod-readme-threads. Basically we bugfixed and rebalanced the WHOLE game and added Bazillions of new things. The equipment has now distinctive characteristics, test them , develop new tactics and the most important thing: HAVE FUN! If you find any bugs contact us at the forum. We took every effort to avoid them and did a pretty good job so far, but nobodys perfect.

Installation: Simply drop the VFS file into your UFOAM directory and start a new game.Patch 1.3 or 1.4 needed.

De-Installation: Simply delete the file.

Changes of the ComboMod:

-All original weapons, armours, textures, sounds, icons and all equipment stats balanced and bugfixed

-Health packs are heavier and are stronger

-Added Psi-Armours

-Added C4 and new ammotypes

-Scorpion and UZI can be used with one hand now.

-Added the Shocker (Stungun)

-Added flashbang

-Added Berzerk Armour

-Added heavy Psi-Controller, the Megapol Autocannon, the Gaussgun, Toxic grenades and Plasma Grenades

-Added mutons, cyborgs and hybrids and camouflagfed guys to the crew

-Added "Conventional" armour

-Added Xm-8, G-41, Sawnoff Shotgun, Minilauncher, Magnum Revolver, Decker-Gun (from Blade runner) , Gammashotgun and -rifle, Saiga 12 shotgun, AK-101

-Added BFG9000, BFG4500, Knife, new Warp destroyer type

-Flares blind the enemy for a short time

-Added Needler and two Lurkerguns

-Two M4 types

-Added Alien2-gun

-Added hypnogas-grenade

-Added nanotech

-Browning with silencer now.

-Added Hover and the Psi-Burner

-Added chainsaw

-New textures for the armours

-Added powerarmour

-Added Molotov cocktail and Jackhammer

-Added tough reticulan enemy

-Added railsniper

-Added WTD and TNT

-new flamethrower model

-new oicw model

-new glock model

-new mp5 model

-new chainsaw model

-added smg

-pulse rifle..in the hk115 slot-has 99 bullets

-new helmets and armour models

-all calibers do the same the same damage

-added the saw

-Added Ethereal, Human Raiders, Spitters, Poppers and Spec-Ops to the enemies.

new models:

-2X m4s m4a1,(american)

(one will be a m4a1, with a 100 bullet, the other a m4a1, with a masterkey shotgun)

-deagle(israely)

-usp(german)

-mp5(german)

-m249(american)

-usas(jap shotgun)

-ak103(Russian)

-MX8(american)-this will be takenout and replaced by the starship troopercarbine

-ak74s(Russian)

-shotgun (wont tell you wich one)(american)

-Lurker gun (finnaly added)

-Knife()

-pulsegun-replaces the hk 11

-g41

-glock

-fiveseven

-92fs

-magnum

new textures:

-ak47-103, shotguns, m4s, deagle, usp, l115, ak74s,m249, mp5, chainsaw, usp,usas, SST carbine, Pulse rifle, G41, glock, five seven, 92fs, magnum

new icons:

-mp5, m4s, p90, glock, usp, saw, usas,

-full auto mode add to some weapons

Contact us at www.ufoaftermath.co.uk

Modmakers are BlackAlmaz, Lurker, Fulby, Llama8, Kret, Manus, Aralez, fnurg, sigget, Tyr and many more, look for the readme-threads at the above mentioned site for a complete list :(

Gimme the Magnum, yeah baby! :(

I kept the Human Raiders as Fulby made them, i don't know how hard they'll be. I playtested ~20 missions, had no bugs. (Except at the start a typo from me and one from you). In that 20 missions i encountered no Human raiders, but some Ethereals and Spec-ops. Everything should work now. I will send you the changed files asap.

Btw, i used the first listofweapons.txt, was that ok?

the one i sent you..or the cpied files..or the one you had...i

if you used the one from the last mod..did you add the burst mode..and if you did di you balance it out just like i did in my files?

damn i'm woried about that

ohh and try out the g41 i think there a problem with that model..check if the skin pops up?

I used the one you did send with the original name, not the "Copy of..." one. So no need to be worried.

And yes, there was a bug with the G41, but i found it during playtesting, don't worry, i tested every new model :(

I also made a funny typo and thought it was a bug i wanted to change the aim-time for the flare to 1.5 and changed it to 15 ! I really wondered why the weapon wouldn't work anymore.... :( Again: Don't worry, it's corrected

I also made the BFG, Lurkerguns etc in alien hands VERY rare, but still i somehow managed to encounter an Ethereal with a BFG9000 in my last mission :(

Bad luck... Big one :(

@Lurker: Hey, cool! :(

With ComboMod 2 and ComboMod 3, if I am offered more than two new missions while my chopper is on the way to a mission, I get a Stalkwalk 6 Error at 30 percent while loading the tactical mission.

If I can seem to be lucky enough not to have all those new missions offered while on my way to a tactical mission, then I don't get the Stalkwalk 6 error. It's basically a crash to desktop. That's part of the reason why I gave up so quickly on the ComboMod2. I get the same error with ComboMod 3, but I did manage to finally get a tactical mission to load without giving me the Stalkwalk 6 Error, and the SpecOps dudes eliminated my team in short order.

Definitely need to go in ready to throw grenades right from the start, and maybe have a dedicated person running a medipack all the time. I do need new tactics.

When you toss a flare, they are stunned and then disappear for a few seconds, and then they reappear and start shooting. It's kind of weird to have the enemy go invisible.

What else from my first mission with the ComboMod 3?

Oh, the only mod I'm running with is ComboMod3 mod. The gamedata.vfs and launcherdata.vfs are the only other vfs files in the UFO Aftermath folder.

I have been running the English Version 1.4 of UFO Aftermath and Windows XP Service Pack 2 since before trying ComboMod2, and I'm sure that as usual, I'm the only one on the planet getting Stalkwalk errors with the ComboMods.

I have about got a new team put together, Wesson, Secto, and Cyborg Female. Now if I can just get a Muton with some armor, I might be ready to try a new tactic against the SpecOps.

Oh yes, I just remembered my question. There are still Reticulans in the ComboMod game later on, aren't there? I guess I was hoping that the Reticulans haven't been completely replaced by the SpecOps, as I like the Reticulan's skinny little butts, as O'Neill in Stargate would say.

--

Edit: Second Tactical mission, I went in with the Muton and Wesson, Secto, and Female Cyborg and a grenade and flare loadout. They had Barrett sniper rifle, other sniper rifle, and neostead in the SpecOps among other goodies. I fought to a draw, one of my guys left and one of theirs, and it offered to end, so I ended. I might replay that one and try to use cover better. It was a city mission, which gives you cover, and with cover, I might be able to win without losing anyone. I started ComboMod with Hard and Europe. It's definitely a different experience. A bit more challenging than the original plain vanilla Aftermath at the Hard setting. I think those spec ops dudes have the power to make me "nervous", as Aralez is fond of saying.

there were lots of loadout bugs in combo mos 2..but in 3 i havent had a crach whats so evr..but i havent tried adding all the stuff aralez gave me

cause i have a new idea for a the raider i have started working on a new model straight away..only probleam is the head..i any one can unload the u blocks and find the urban ublock with a civilan in it........and give me the cordinates of the head..than i could skin him to look almost perfact...cause the ones we have now..still look bad

Well, as long as it doesn't give me more than two missions while my chopper is flying to location, so far I don't seem to get the Stalkwalk error during the loading of the tactical mission.

I like the ComboMod3. I went back in and used grenades and used cover better, and this time I took the SpecOps completely out and only ended up with one guy in the hospital, with three still alive and ready to go. The ComboMod3 definitely does propel you into using new ideas and tactics. There's more to try as well.

During the first five missions or so, I don't see how you can win the wilderness missions against the SpecOps, but you can win against them if you are in a city and can use cover and lob grenades from behind cover. So far, IT IS AS IT SHOULD BE, the right balance.

And, now I have a whole bunch of new weapons to try including a couple of the Barrett 82 Sniper Rifles that have been taking my guys out from long distance. With a couple of those on my soldiers, the SpecOps won't be as quick to rush me. They might retreat a bit more often, which of course will change the dynamic of the game. Something new each time you play.