Visiting ALTAR - Reports!

Slaughter

Day to day report from our visit to the Czech Republic:

There are two parts now available from PlacidDragon and myself's visit to ALTAR in the Czech Republic. The first part is a day to day description of what we did, with a short description of UFO:Aftershock and Vision in the end. You can read the topic about it here, and find the report in MS Word and plain text here.

In-depth report about UFO:Aftershock and some info on Vision:

The second part of the material we now release is a in-depth report on UFO:Aftershock. As some of you know we got a good look on the latest build of UFO:Aftershock, and have some nice information to share. It is long though, so if you're in a hurry you should look at the shorter report above. Anyway, you can find the report in MS Word and plain text. Enjoy!

Video footage:

As some of you know we brought a camcorder with us to the Czech Republic. We did hours and hours of interviews with both Cenega (the publisher) and ALTAR. But due to our lacking experience with filming the quality is bad at times and the editing takes time. Please be patient.

Okay!

Aren't you suppose to use all those automatic settings on all that electronic equipment?

Next picture we see is Slaughter and Placid Dragon covered in tape reels busily holding the feets of tape up to the light to see what frame is coming next for editing!

:laugh:

Which reel is that one?

:)

Tape laying on the floor!

:)

Glad to see how much progress has been made on Aftershock.

I think including diplomacy and economic development are going to make the game a lot more interesting. Are the cultists going to be a single global faction or a group of smaller and mutually hostile factions sacttered across the world? Also, have Altar allowed for the fact that stockpiled ammunition for modern firearms would deteriorate in time and is likely to be unusable in 50 years time?

Well, here's the problem. I don't know what information I can give outside the report. Publishers are control freaks :laugh:. Regarding the Cultists I am not sure, but I believe they are a global organization. As for the ammo, I have no idea :).

@Raion: *Crash* *Crush* Not so cocky now, are you? :)

If you use old ammunition, you are more likely to experience a slow burn when you try to fire your gun. The important thing to remember is not to look down the barrel to see what the problem is or to turn round with the gun in your hand and say "Sarge, my gun won't fire."

It could be incorporated into the game relatively easily - firearms produced on Earth between Aftermath and Aftershock could be slower and less accurate, but they are less likely to jam for a few seconds in a firefight.