Social Roleplay

Mouse Nightshirt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richter sensed the teams lack of spirit after the attack. He could sense that nerves were on edge, and that the people needed some spirit lifting, so he devised a game for the squad.

A few hours later, after scabbing bits of Sectopod, a few empty clips, and a large bench, he placed the Sectopod parts on the bench, and set the clips beside them! It's a Coconut stand, but not as you know it! :blink:

<<first of all, i would like to point out that a sectopod is a robot, not a living organism, so a pile of gears and rubble shouldn't disgust you. Second of all, i also would like to know what a coconut stand is as well>>

Corporal Howardson, after sitting in his bunk for a few hours, decided to try taking a walk again. The base was at least no longer under lockdown, so he could finally get to look all around, and get more familiar with the place.

Of course, the moment he stepped out the bunk, he already saw something new. There was the commander, and some display he was putting on. McBannok was already there.

"Sofri`naol, Weindhovern`ar" Howardson openly exclaimed.

Somewhat surprised, the commander responded "Um, sorry, but i don't speak Japanese".

"Oh, no, its not Japanese, it Ascidian"

"Um, how, why, and where are you learning Ascidian?" McBannok quickly replied.

"Well, in that relief package the ascidians gave us (the one with recreational materials, not war stuff), most of the stuff was either not in english, or poorly translated. Get this: "This book have been exist before. This not first one" and another one "WARNING! KEEP OUT OF CHILDREN", and lastly "For power on, go back torward machine's behind". That's why. Also, you never know when it could be handy when there is no semblance of any translation nearby. I was learning it in the bunk, where i found a fairly done guide to learning it. Though im not 100% sure if it was perfect, it had bad english itself. Anyways, i just said 'Hello Mr. Weindhoven!' in ascidian."

"Okay then..." replied both of them.

"so, what is this wierd display of sectopod parts about? We going over how they work? Isn't that like the engineers job or something?"

Private Kacur was just going on a little tour of the base when something caught his attention. A rather unique stand with heaps of Sectopod parts and a few clips was apparently right in his path and already a crowd of three was all around it. Along with other strange things such as the SCFs the point of this peculiar thing escaped him at first. But upon passing the stand he couldn't help but mumble to himself: "Hmm. Either those things are for sale like souvenirs or the commander decided to make a visual statement that our clips are strong enough to blow the Sectopods into peices (which would of course insult our grenades vastly)".

< Two things: 1) I usualy confuse Sectopod and Sectoid for some reason, so nevermind that, and 2), most important of all, if you haven't noticed yet, McBannok rarely speaks. In all the seems, he keeps his mouth shut and does what he thinks he should, the only time he actually talks is when the survival of the whole team is at a very high risk, like the bomb thing, in which he yelled like a madman, so if you roleplay him, be sure to keep him quiet too, thanks. >

McBannok scratched his eyes... instead of dripping blood, he saw oil, instead of limbs, he saw metal plates, and instead of bones, he saw wires. He sighed... He walked to the Commander, and put a bit of cash on the table, he grabbed a limb, the most burned out one (from the exploding sectopod, he believed), slowly walked away, carefuly put in on the ground, in the middle of the room, attentively positioned it. Then he walked back a few steps, touched the place where the bit of his missing ear should've been, look vengeful at the limb, started running, and kicked it with his whole strength, making it fly...

After it landed noisefuly, he picked it up, dropped it inside the bin, and spit inside.

<<A coconut stand! You know the thing. It's a fair ground game where you have these sticks with kinda bowls on top. In the bowls are balanced coconuts and your job is to knock over the coconuts by throwing balls at them from a distance to win prizes. It's fixed of course. I'll bet anyways.>>

Corporal Paul then proceeds to explain to his unenlightened colleagues exactly what he has just said in OOC before poking about a bit in the Sectopod and wondering what bits act as coconuts and what bits act as the balls. Hmm...

<<ah, i see now>>

Sam now understood what was what, and decided to throw a few empty clips at the sectopod parts.

Of the 5, 3 of them hit, one of them missed, and the last hit jackson across the head, whom was already unconscious from the one the commander threw.

"Um, we might want to get him to the infirmary for this head trauma..."

And so Howardson decided to drag jackson to the infirmary, although the damage was made worse by the fact that jacko's head was smashing into various other blunt objects along the way...

• 2 weeks later...

"That's fun", McBannok thought... he jogged to the coconut stand, picked up about three or four, and threw them at the targets while not looking, trying to pick another object.

One hit, because he heard a "bang" sound, but the others hit someone who was being dragged across the floor, and the sound was sort of a whoof, cough, and spit...

As he was passing by the stand Kacur saw Howardson dragging Jackson to the infirmary, whilst his entire body was being bombarded with clips.

Trying to take a bit of Jackson's bad luck on himself, Martin placed himself between jacko and the rest of the soldiers that were playing the game. But to no avail, as the clips started to bounce off the wall next to Kacur and richoched right into jacko's head.

Poor jacko.

:blink:

Howardson finally arrives at the infirmary.

"Excuse me, Yorke, but Jacko needs some treatment for head trauma. 19 empty clips, one falling fluorescent light, 3 rubber chickens, and a duck seem to have bombarded his head. Nothing he isn't used to, but i think that we shoudln't ignore it."

Howardson then left, before Yorke had a chance to respond. Somehow, Jackos head got in the way of the automatic closing door. Said door was constantly trying to close, and as a result bashed his head numerous times before yorke got him out of the way.

<<ok, now i think we need another event. The current one's a few sims old now :blink:. Can't think of one right away, but I'll see if i think of one. If anyone thinks of one before i do, we can go with that one instead.>>

The last mission had taken a heavy toll on the X-Com team. Out of the 9 soldiers only Ong, Kacur and suprisingly Jackson, didn't suffer any serious injuries.

Since music has been known to help the body recover and since Kacur apparently had the only extensive music archive with him, he decided to put his Holographic Disc Player in the infirmary and turn it on to pleasant classical music.

Maybe now Yorke will stop his constant bellyaching :blink:

<<Remember that except for Ong and Jacko you are all in sickbeds so don't try anything impossible (like walking :) )>>

<<Ok, but come thursday were all out. Say, now that i think of it, the NAO section of the UFOPedia doesn't show the med-bay. I'll write one up for us.>>

Howardson lay in a bed in the med bay of NAO. His wound wasn't the worst of them all, to be quite honest. Just a little bit of shrapnel into the lower wais, and some 2nd degree burns. Apparently, at one point Yorke thought Jackson was also hurt during the mission and was surprised that he wasnt. Yorke himself was also having a bit of trouble tending to everyone's injuries due to the fact that he was injured as well. However, he carried on regardless.

Anyways, the med bay was quite crowded. Seeing as how everyone was getting bored, Howardson thought that maybe a little game wouldn't be a bad idea right about now. Though often it was the commander who did this for us, he was at present out cold.

Howardson then took one of the wierd poles lying around <<I'm not too familiar with med-bays, but i do believe that they have wierd long poles lying around. Im stretching the truth however by saying that everyone has one next to his bed>>. He then asked Yorke "Hey, could you go get a few basketballs, volleyballs, or whatever?"

"Ok, but no throwing them" Yorke replied. After fetching some balls for some weird Ascidian sport (it was the closest thing lying around. They're shaped kind of like the blitzballs from FFX) for Howardson, Yorke eyed him to make sure he didn't do anything that could injure someone, as injuring someone while they were already recoverring from one would not be a good thing.

Howardson then rolled them across the floor (staying in his bed in the process, heh), and then used his weird pole that happened to be next to his bed to start hitting them around. It was like pool, only using the floor as a pool table! The goal was to hit the balls under people's beds. The only real differences between floor pool and real pool is

A: When a ball goes under a bed, it has to remain there. If it rolls out, it doesn't count

B: Since people would have to move around to hit the white ball (it won't always end up next to the person going :blink:), you merely have to hit the one closest to you.

<<As if this would be allowed in a real med-bay lol)

<<Actually this isn't such a bad idea Ion. It's just that most people in the sim don't use the forums lately (as you have already pointed out). And so I am once again ready to put a reply, although I really am getting tired of seeing just Howardson's posts along with mine :blink: >>

Kacur headed towards med-bay to check how everyone was doing. The scene that he encountered was however most wierd. The wounded were hitting some balls across the floor using poles, all the while staying in their beds. Yorke was finding it a bit hard to dodge them (since he was already a bit wounded :) ) and also had to jump from time to time in order to avoid a pole that had almost tripped him.

This along with the classical music in the background seemed very peculiar indeed. He soon found out how the game is played and wanted to join in. But of course that would be unfair as he could hit the balls across the floor far more easily than those people with injuries.

So he decided to just leave them to their own devices. "Sure hope Yorke can survive in there though."

<<Allrightey. Now it would be about time for some of the wounded to respond.>>

• 2 weeks later...

<<Three of the wounded characters are registered on this site and can therefore post here: Wiendhoven (whom I won't force to do anything since he's probably busy with other things apart from coursework) and my main targets: O'Connor and Chung

So I would like you both to post a reply. It doesn't matter at all even if you happen to be the worst writer on the planet Ki-tat. The social roleplay is short as hell and the text doesn't have to be artistic or high-minded :blink:

If there are no replies by the end of the week I suggest a change of the social games.>>

As Ki-tat lay on his bed listening to classical music, he was slightly bemused by what was happening. as he watched, an idea came across his mind. he asked for paper and pen, and started working. after yorke triping over about fifty times, he finaly finnished.

"Behold! my wack-the-ball-accross-the-room-pole-arm! now lets see........wheres those damn engineerers........their never there when you need them..."

<<Okay. I guess that no one else is that much interested in this game, so time for a new one...........although this one is a bit more mean. :devil: >>

Kacur was just heading back to his room, when he noticed McBenneth sitting on a chair in a corridor with the same sunglasses that he used in the last mission, a small bowl in his hands and two signs around his neck. At first he thought that he was playing a blind man beggar because of his recent temporary eye injury, but just then the PA system came online. Richter's voice was echoing throughout the base:

"To all base personell. During the last mission one of our dearly esteemed Privates happened to disobey a direct order (check the XCAS mission report if you don't know what it's all about). Normally I would demote him to the Cannon Fodder rank, but as an act of my everlasting softness I decided to implement something dating back from World War I. Simply go to the corridor outside the Personell Quarters and follow the sign. And McBenneth you better be there when I check up on you! Anyone who even thinks of repeating his kind of mistake, will be put into a similar position."

Kacur just managed to read the signs before the rest of the people on the base arrived: "I looked straight at a fusion explosion and all I got was THIS" and two arrows that pointed to where he was holding his bowl and towards his eyes. The second sign said: "Deposit all the things that you think McBenneth deserves for cowering in the APC whilst his buddies were fighting the API."

<<Remember that money isn't the only thing you can deposit here. Sticks and stones are also allowed (i.e. physical damage - but not too serious!)Too harsh?? Depends on your point of view. :devil: (and don't think it's personal Mcbenneth :blink:) >>

And as one would expect, with pretty much nothing to do around the base, the entire crew appeared in the hall the moment after the commander's announcement echoed through the base.

Some people deposited some otherwise kind things, such as money, though that was a rather empty gift, given that the money was of no use to the Ascidians, and way out here it was quite useless.

One mean person tried dropping a grenade into the bowl. Thankfully, Sergeant necro managed to notice the grenade and throw it away from the team before it exploded.

Jackson tried depositing a lobster, but the damn thing just wouldn't stay in the bowl.

Howardson just scribbled a little note on paper. In Ascidian, to boot. He then left it in the bowl.

• 2 weeks later...

<<I'm back! After a long time away I have returned to my seat of glory!... Some one ripped up my seat of glory! Who did this!! *Walks off to find vandal*>>

~~~~ The Mess Hall ~~~~

Necro: I am too better than you at it!

Jackson: You are not!!!

Necro: Am!

Jackson: Not!

Necro: Not!

Jackson: AM!... Damn you! That always works! If you think you are, prove it!

Necro: I'm safe in my knowledge that I am the best, I don't need to prove it to you.

Jackson: Chicken! *squawks and clucks mockingly a bit*

Necro: Fine! ::turns around and faces a wall:: One, two, three, four...

Daniel ran off down the hallway, crashing into Howardson and falling over. Uninjured thankfully.

Howardson: Watch where you're going man!

Jackson: Can't talk! Hiding!

Howardson: Wha?

Jackson: I've got to show Necro I am the king of Hide and Seek! Erm... *looks for a hiding place and runs off down the hall again*

Howardson: Hide and seek?... *walks to an intercom pannel and presses the button* Attention all base staff, hide from Necro, he claims to be king of hide and seek We'll show him! *Runs off to find hiding space*

<<And the chase begins! Necro doesn't post on the forums, so you can RP him all you want! Let the chaos begin!!!>>

<<nice idea, i never wouldve thought of it.>>

So the game was on. Hide and seek. Howardson then ran over to the armory, and hid behind a crate full of large rockets. He then proceeded to pull a few other crates around him, so that you wouldn't see him from any angle (except above).

<<Lol! Great idea>>

Necro continued counting: "45, 46, 47..." When all of a sudden Kacur whizzed by and quickly added "11, 12, 13,...". Necro kept mumbling: "14, 15, 16,...".

Kacur knew that he needed to hide in a pretty nifty spot, where Necro wouldn't think of looking. "Well, not much place to hide in NAO. now is it?" he thought to himself. Suddenly he remembered: "Hey, Necro would never dare disturb the Commander during his daily walnut rations, now would he?" Kacur raced towards the Commander's office.

Inside his office Richter was carefully seperating the nuts from the shells: "Steeeeeady..." And soon after Kacur entered the room with a Psi-Amp making the Commander's nut slip and fall to the ground "Excuse me sir, but I would like to hide under your bed away from Necro." Richter looked at him with a very angry expression: "Get out NOW!" Kacur knew he was going to be in trouble later on but he simply replied "Well then I guess I have no choice." and so he psionically ordered Richter to ignore him. He then hid under his bed and continued to psionically calm Richter and order him to continue consuming his walnut rations.

"Well if Necro steps inside here, then he's gotta be out of his freaking mind" he thought to himself.