Simple Recipes.

FullAuto

Not a recipe, but something I've been doing often recently.

Take 2-3 bags of preferred cheesy snack (works best with Wotsits, but any will suffice).

Eat the first bag. Do not swallow any of the resulting cheesy gunk.

Eat the second bag. Do not swallow any of the resulting cheesy gunk.

It will be very, very difficult to proceed beyond this point without swallowing because of the delicious cheesy mass. For the true experience, the intrepid eater must deploy a third bag.

Eat the third bag. Do not swallow any of the resulting cheesy gunk.

You will now basically have three bags of cheesy snacks in your mouth. Here comes the difficult part. Without swallowing, get as much of the gunk off your teeth and gums, deploying your tongue and what little saliva you can muster, until it's simply a solid mass in the centre of your mouth.

Now, swallow. This is the cheesiest taste experience ever. You will find that you are 'cheesed out' afterwards, but this feeling fades with time.

Very well, I shall do an actual recipe to restore the thread's dignity.

The "Fat Bastard."

Fry two rashers of bacon. It is best still going oink, but some people prefer it crispy. They are wrong, but do not apply a red hot spatula to their face. It often offends.

Place the bacon on a slice of bread. Add a splash of tomato sauce. Overlay the bacon with a slice of cheese (the pre-packaged single slices of plastic cheese are best). Push the second slice of bread down on top, creating a compact sandwich. Leave time for the cheese to melt, then consume.

Delicious.

Here's an easy one.

You'll need a bag of blood oranges and some black pepper. Peel the blood oranges, and slice them up. I find thick slices work better, as thin ones just fall to bits. You can try half-oranges, if you're hungry. Take a bowl and chuck the slices in it. Dust with black pepper, so the pepper sticks to the exposed juicy sections. Scoff.

I made some for a friend and then nearly ate the lot. >:]

Don't forget to drink the spicy juice out of the bowl afterwards. Yum.

• 1 month later...

Potato Soup Recipe:

A hearty and warming potato soup augmented with assorted herbs makes a good lunch or a first course for dinner.

• 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup onion, chopped
  • 3 cups chicken stock
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 6 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
  • 1/4 teaspoon basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon tarragon
  • Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish

• 10 months later...

Any of you mother hubbards made rosemary tea before? I've recently come into possession of a large quantity of said herb, and need a recipe.

I've found loads on the internet but they all tend to be "pour in lukewarm water while massaging your chakras" kind of things. I'm looking for actual experience.

Most of the recipes here are ok. Some may cause harm, and others may even be toxic. Here's somethings I know that are good, and not that hard to fix, etc.

Simple pizza:

1 can of tomato sauce, perhaps even pizza sauce

1 container of pepperoni

1 container of mozzarella

Bread (French or anything else)

Anything else you like on pizza.

For best results, bake this, at like 350, more or less. But a toaster oven can be used, as well as toaster and microwave.

Simply put pizza sauce on bread, add your favorite ingredients on top, then the cheese. Bake until the cheese is metted. You should have a small pizza in a bit.

Simple toast and cheese and tomato soup

For tomato soup, I recommend Campbell's Soup.

Tomato soup

Butter

Sugar

Milk

Place the tomato soup, a pat of butter, a touch of sugar, about half a can of milk into a saucepan. Cook on the stove top until done.

Meanwhile, for the best, unburned, toast and cheese sandwiches.

Butter

Bread

Cheese

In the frying pan, place a bit of butter to melt. Then butter a slice bread and place in the pan. Then slap the cheese on there, and butter the other piece of bread. By the time you place the bread on top, it's time to turn. Then keep turning until the cheese is mostly melted, and then put on plate, and you have a great lunch.

I have more, but right now, that's a start.

Shrimps or/and pedoci clams "na buzaro" (on buzara), a Croatian recipe

I prefer using them both mixed as you don't need any salting. Shrimps will take some of the salt so the lot will not be too salty.

(four persons)

-clean clams, remove the ones that won't close at all when shaken - dead, potentially bad (half a kilo shrimps, a kilo of clams)

-heat olive oil in a large pot or saucepan (enough to fry one largish onion)

-fry chopped onion till it gets a bit yellow (1 largish onion)

-add chopped garlic (4-5 cloves)

-a minute later add tomato sauce (1 dl)

-add bread crumbs (depends on taste)

-add clams and/or shrimps and mix it all well

-close the pot for five-eight minutes, depends on the size of shrimps

-leave enough fire for the sauce "buzara" to keep boiling

-remove from fire, add chopped parsley, mix (depends on taste)

Eat with bread, don't forget to consume the sauce with clam shell.

If you don't like tomato sauce you can make buzara without it as well. I like it more with tomato.

• 2 years later...

Toč. Many variations, but this is one of the simplest. I thought I posted already.

Slice pršut (dry-cured ham), but the slices should not be as thin as usually (keep them a millimetre or two thick). Heat up olive oil, throw pršut into the pan, fry for two or three minutes. Add heavy red wine. Again, two to three minutes, the wine should not be cooked, just heated properly.

Eat pieces of pršut with sauce-soaked bread.

Variations; use sausage instead of pršut, pršut can be in small pieces and the whole thing can be used as a pasta sauce (add parmesan cheese), add vegetables...

• 4 years later...