New X-COM Announced

Gimli

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@subdane, yes, the games are sharing team members.

BioShock is interesting the first time through, mostly because of the story line. However, it's quite possible to explore every nook and cranny of the game world on your first go regardless of what "powers" you choose, so there's minimal replay value, and the "difficulty" is near non-existent (you're effectively immortal, so fighting the so-called "Big Daddies" with a toothpick and a screwdriver is as valid a tactic as any).

I have not yet played BioShock 2.

I've played BioShock. It has a good storyline, and a great environment to go through. I'm thinking of playing through again, to take my time and get as much as I can.

As to the new Xcom game, the more I think about it, the more it looks like it could be the start of something, like the MiB and X-Com itself.

Anyone played Bioshock?

I heard that the team behind Bioshock2 is now the same team making Xcom. So I thought while I am waiting i could play Biohock 1+2, so I could get a sense off what to expect...

Is it a good game and is there any truth in it is the same team??

Sorry for that message, I was sick and running a feber. :oh:>:]

But thanks for the replies anyway :P I think I gonna play Bioshock :)

• 1 year later...

My take is without action points it will be a completely different game. Also I find with all the similar games even the small changes make a huge effect, and it seems like a million little details will change here.

That's not necessarily bad except most of the clones of X-Com and JA seem frankly terrible to me. These changes make a ton of difference, and usually it's bad unless you are very careful. I'd come out and say this is going to be awful but the saving grace is maybe sid meier being around to give advice might save it.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...