Football topic

Gimli

ill sayy smart smoething when i soober aagin

DAMN, I'd love to drink a few and be able to write what I did without pretence. But I have an exam tomorrow and we're still waiting for Ajda!!!

DAMN DAMN DAMN!

First victory for Slovenia in world championship! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, SV! :(

All I'm going to say is: My country currently resembles a Nazi rally, but with England flags.

That goal your keeper missed, that sucked, I wanted you guys to win that match, but at least they didn't get past the draw :cool:

Uruguay managed a draw against France last week, our team played horribly, bar Diego Forlan who is arguably the only player we have on the field :(

@Gimli: I have to admit our match was utter crap, luckily Zidane's countrymen were even crappier and we won. If we play like this against US, we are DOOOMED.

Anyway, our players have a huge psy-burden on them and I know they can play better, so I remain hopeful.

I can't believe I managed to sit through the England - Algeria game in a state of sobriety. England managed to put in an even weaker performance than they did against the USA, and in the last minutes of the game the booing of the England fans in the stadium was acutually louder than the buzzing of the vuvuzela horns.

Maybe England are trying to outdo France in terms of being the biggest under performers of the tournament?

Apart from Switzerland - Spain and Serbia - Germany, this has been the most boring WC ever. I'm pretty disappointed with the results. So much for the balls being harder for the keepers to catch.

On the bright side I checked our group for Euro 2012 Qualifiers and it looks like we have a good chance for the 1st spot again.

I can't believe I managed to sit through the England - Algeria game in a state of sobriety. England managed to put in an even weaker performance than they did against the USA, and in the last minutes of the game the booing of the England fans in the stadium was acutually louder than the buzzing of the vuvuzela horns.

Maybe England are trying to outdo France in terms of being the biggest under performers of the tournament?

Hello stranger, come here often? :cool:

I think our team's performance has undermined the current wave of jingoism sweeping the country. It's quite nice.

Uruguay managed a draw against France last week, our team played horribly, bar Diego Forlan who is arguably the only player we have on the field

It must seem that way, sometimes. Draw against France is a good result though, I don't think England could do that at the moment.

It must seem that way, sometimes. Draw against France is a good result though, I don't think England could do that at the moment.

We did effectively wiped the floor with South Africa :cool: and that was with the referee clearly against us (two of our players were injured, one was punched in the face and then kicked a couple more times later, he played the rest of the match with half a package of cotton in his mouth he was bleeding so much), damn cheaters, plus they played trying to injure our players. Sorry boys, step aside and we'll show you how it's done.

A good news is Mexico beat France :(

Well this was a very interesting day in sports. I'm sure most of you have heard about the longest Wimbledon match by now. Hats off to the guys, that's really impressive. I watched (the second half again ;)) Serbia vs Australia and it was a great match. Both teams really wanted to win and it made the game packed with action and then all that effort went to nothing because neither team passed. I also saw some really commendable dedication from Terry who tried to stop a goal by diving with his head near the ground.

And who does England meet? Germany. That will be a great match, even if it's shame that a strong team will be out so soon.

Usually I wouldn't care, but I'm actually glad France is out, only because of Domenech. Hopefully France will get a better coach now.

Well, Germany has a relatively young team so I'm expecting them to lose against England. Will be a great game to watch nonetheless. ;)

I should mention that the US beat Algeria 1-0 today in a real nail-biter of a game advancing them into the next round! The way Ghana plays the US is going to have some trouble scoring though. I'm still hoping for a victory. :P

- Zombie

So close for Slovenia. I didn't see the first half time, but you looked good in the second, much better than against Algier.

This evening should be interesting as well.

I know blaming it on the others or even counting on secondary outcomes is not sporty BUT that goal US scored against Algeria was FISHY. :P

Aaaaand we're out.

It was great while it lasted. ;)