Ufo 2 : Extraterrestials

Guest Mr Mus

Oh, and I hope they made combat missions shorter. Preferably through the use of different combat model. If there was one thing that made me stop playing UFO:ET even with Bman's mod (and is preventing me from playing X-COM) it is the incredible amount of time you spend in battles... They drag for ages.

UFO:Axxxxxx did pretty good in that direction.

You think that X-Com battles were too long too?

The thing preventing me from playing X-Com is that I suck too much to play without reloading, and the lack of a load button in battlescape :oh:

Absolutely. TFTD a lot more so, those multi-level terror missions are obnoxious...

This is the main reason I liked Apocalypse. Though finding that last alien egg wasn't nice, but you could speed up the time and run around with your soldiers.

I only wish there was no teleporter. That more or less ended the game as once you had enough of them you could just teleport, drop grenades and teleport out. No more aliens. If AI used them as good as the player you could never survive first contact with them.

• 1 month later...

This would be FABULOUS NEWS to me, but for one thing.

They will probably SCREW IT UP BY PUTTING IN STARFORCE, or some other obtrusive DRM.

After the problems I had with Starforce I will NEVER buy another game that has it. Nor will I do the 'login to our server every single time you play', or 'you are limited to three installs' nonsense.

It's a shame. I really want to BUY THIS GAME.

They should sell this on the Stardock site, I forget what it's called. Sure, they make you register (once) but that's no big deal. And they'll let you install a game on a 'non-internet' pc by emailing you an install code. I'll meet publishers half-way, but STARFORCE? NEVER.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thre's a lot of blank pages on their site, however this one does have a contact email address: https://www.ufo2extraterrestrials.com/about-us/

If any staff members would like to chase it up by emailing someone directly, send me a PM as I do have a staff email address for the main developer for the first game (and I would assume the chap is involved with the second game).

He posts here: https://www.ufo-scene.com/plugins/forum/for...topic.php?11703

That's his very recent reply to the same question.

He also posted an alien image from the game, sounds like he did it without consent ;)

https://www.ufo-scene.com/plugins/forum/for...topic.php?11709

After just starting to play the first of this game with the mod... or at least the Steam Gold version, I'm VERY excited for this sequel, especially since Bman was helping them with it.

lets hope they will release the game when they say they will ... and lets also hope it wont be some big disapointment .... but if bman is involved in it they i think it will be something good or at least not bad ;)

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...