Monitor goes black/flicker

Slaughter

If that happens, you are probably running the game at a too high refresh rate. What you have to do to fix this is to start the configuration utility, and set the game to the lowest refresh rate (60 Hz). If you want to know exactly what refresh rate your monitor can run in 1024*768, check your monitor documentation, call the supplier or search online...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
If that happens, you are probably running the game at a too high refresh rate. What you have to do to fix this is to start the configuration utility, and set the game to the lowest refresh rate (60 Hz). If you want to know exactly what refresh rate your monitor can run in 1024*768, check your monitor documentation, call the supplier or search online...

What is this "Configuration Utility" you speak of? There arn't any options in game to change the refresh rate, so I'm assuming it's a utility that comes with the install of the game? Or are you talking about my windows monitor's preferences?

What is this "Configuration Utility" you speak of? There arn't any options in game to change the refresh rate, so I'm assuming it's a utility that comes with the install of the game? Or are you talking about my windows monitor's preferences?

Yes, there's a configuration tool in UFO: Aftermath (not the others). Can't remember what it's called right now, as I don't have the game installed at present, but it shouldn't be hard to find.