Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command demo for the PSP

Slaughter

Turn-based fans owning a PSP (all two of you) can now download the demo of "Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command" from THQ.

Once you’ve downloaded the demo you can take command of a squad of five Space Marines, as well as a heavily armoured Dreadnought, and commence your battle to save the planet of Ruhr III from the grasp of the demonic Chaos Space Marines.

So download the demo now and get a taste of the action. The full version of Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command will be available for Sony PSP and Nintendo DS in November.

95669c825fb440d1e24633283ead1359.jpg da6effcb9aa591bc2b57e74e65953a5c.jpg 8a9b3c2049571f36530feb33736b24a4.jpg

If you're still not convinced, check out the trailer and product page. The game will be available for both PSP and DS in November.

Spotted at Blue's News. What do you think? Do we have a handheld treat on our hands?

Hmm, I bought Chaos Gate a few years ago, but never made it run. Guess I'll have to give it another go. Good?

chaos gate is pretty good, but there are a couple of game-crashing bugs that you cannot get around. i was able to install the game only through virtual PC, using my old windows 98 SE as the OS. its fun, but the game crashes make it difficult to sustain longer gameplay. i think there are some websites that still host the patches too, and you'll need them if you want to avoid the bugs that can be fixed.

What was that FPS/tactical game where you played the Blood Angels? The Genestealers on that were rock too. You'd get a flood of them coming at you and your bolter would always jam at the worst possible moment.

you're thinking of the second version of space hulk, the one that had better graphics and free-movement instead of square-based movement. it's called space hulk: vengeance of the blood angels. it's another title that i could only get running with virtual PC. it also has a few game-crashing bugs that have no way to work around, but the crashes are not as frequent as with chaos gate.

i'm definitely looking forward to squad command. i bought a DS specifically for it! (it's just much better suited for the genre than the PSP)

i'm definitely looking forward to squad command. i bought a DS specifically for it! (it's just much better suited for the genre than the PSP)

Hmm, guess I'll have to fire up the VM at some point then :D

As for DS, it sure is better suited. Guess just this game is going to look a lot better on the PSP though (with heavier HW and a larger screen).