New X-Com remake project: Cydonia's Fall

Azrael Strife

Nod is the art and animation lead - I might have known! He was the guy who did those cool 3D X-COM models such as the Chrysalid at the top of the site :blush:

We should definitely watch this one very closely!

It looks like the Sectoids have been altered to match the Aquatoid look a little more, as well as the Playstation game box version of them:-

PS2 Cover Courtesy of MobyGames: Clicky

Cydonia's Fall version: Clicky, and scroll through the pics til you find the Sectoid

Anywho, this is worth putting together a news post and maybe seeing if we can sort out an interview with them.

Hey there, I just wanted to bump in and say hi.

I have corrected the issue with the Microprose logo on the site banner, yes it was indeed Mythos Games Ltd. who developed the first UFO and they were also called Mythos Games Ltd. back then.

If you guys have any questions about the project please do ask. Although I will save some answers for the interview.

- FLZ

Welcome FreeLanZer, and nice project - it looks VERY good!

We're putting together some questions for you for an interview and I believe Gimli has already asked for some screenshots for a news post?

Anywho, I'm about to send you an email anyway so I'll leave it at that for now - keep up the good work!

Very impressive!

I would like to have some questions answered though regarding development if they aren't asked in the interview:

1) Is this game by any chance open source?

2) If open source, what license are you working under? GPL? GNU?

3) What are your 3D artists using for modeling and animation? Blender? 3DStudio Max? They're very well done models. I've always used Blender myself for modelling, and little animating.

4) Is your svn access link broken? I seem to not be able to access it. I always liked projects that let me send patch files, not necessarily recruit me, but still credit me. I am already working on a specific project so it hard to give full focus on another.