Problem with X-Com Interceptor

ABuster

Hi.. i have a very weird problem with X-Com Interceptor. When i head for enemy bases (for now I have only a pirate base) or for alien-sonde, i cant find them in battle. I have it on the stragety-view, but if I join battle, i can fight against enemy fighters, but the pirate base is not here. On my Display I have the picture of the base and Information bout the structur, but on the HUD the arrow is targeting always in the same corner and always 0.00 km are distance. Is that normal? Do I have to find the base with my eyes? And what is reeally weird, when I searched for an alien-sonde and didnt found it, i tried to kill my wingman. Suddendly, before the wingman died, the sonde was killed (My rockets always hit him!?).

Does anybody know the problem or know a solution. I know Interceptor is very old, but maybe someone knows a way to find and destroy those bastards. And its no problem of graphics. In Base-defenses i can see the Bases very good :thinking:

Welcome to Strategycore ABuster.

Everybody who runs Interceptor in Windows XP or 2000 runs into that problem. It affects alien probes, pirate bases and the arms dealer base.

There is no known fix I'm afraid, but there is a workaround using one of the in-game cheats. Check out thread for the method :thinking:

One other minor point; if you have any other questions about X-Com Interceptor, it's usually best to ask them in the X-Com support or X-Com Interceptor forums. The chat to staff forum is mostly about site policies and problems with the site :eh:

• 1 year later...

Does this bug affect the combat simulator as well as real missions? The reason I ask is that my XP system now seems unaffected by this bug. But I've only tested it in the simulator (My trusty TopGun (Thrustmaster) bit the dust and I'm not going to subject myself to the horror of playing the game until I get a replacement)

It's a (relatively) fresh re-install of XP Pro. Interceptor was upgraded to version 1.2 and the .exe is set to Windows95 compatability mode.

Does this bug affect the combat simulator as well as real missions? The reason I ask is that my XP system now seems unaffected by this bug. But I've only tested it in the simulator (My trusty TopGun (Thrustmaster) bit the dust and I'm not going to subject myself to the horror of playing the game until I get a replacement)

It's a (relatively) fresh re-install of XP Pro. Interceptor was upgraded to version 1.2 and the .exe is set to Windows95 compatability mode.

Wishful thinking on my part. I've encountered the bug on a data jammer mission. <stewie>Blast!</stewie>

• 3 months later...
Hi, guys! I love x-com and UFO series, but I have a problem with Interceptor and my buged windows XP. I just dont want to use cheats. I have installed VMWare(virtual PC) with interceptor on it, but it is not want to start. The howerglass appears, but not for long. Pls someone help me :oh: