TFTD Fanfic Discussion

The Veteran

I may be missing the point as far as the fic and the post go but last time I was in this topic I did notice the picture in DC's avatar. It bears a striking resemblence to Cell from Dragonball Z but the face is all wrong, far too human... maybe that's Cell as a man, or Cellman...

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good one TT, it would be great if you could make it longer though. This applies to DC too.

I write the thing out in some kind of word processor and then edit it until I'm fairly happy with it. If you need time and don't want someone to post just before you get it finished - just tell us what you are doing and we'll hold back.

Although there's been a lot of holding back recently. :D

Great start though. I like the bit about the Teddy - I can work with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought about it DC but it could turn into 'UH's TFTD - The True Story' or something. I need other peoples content to keep my feet on the ground.

What happened here - I reply to DC and it ends up in his post????????

Edit by Zombie: Sorry, my bad.

I thought about it DC but it could turn into 'UH's TFTD - The True Story' or something.

Just go ahead, I personally don't mind if you bend the story into your directions. I think it's better for the fanfic to become 'your' story rather than dying because no one posts anymore.

BTW, my grammar sucks. (:

• 11 months later...
If only I were more patient I could post this a week from now and say congratulations everyone for going a whole year without posting in here! Alas I am not so gifted and so instead I must bust some arse until someone does post. Now come on who used to write and is still alive? Roll call!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

lol this is so old by the time I stumble upon it, (which is today) I loved the Microprose games and only recently was able to reconnect to them via the remake version that runs on the later Windows.

June 2008 was the last post in this lol, I hope this isn't the end of the story for this X-Com thread. It was building up the early stage of an X-com campaign but without passing the Aquatoid time frames. Heck Gillmen weren't even encountered yet. I think you guys got the historically-restrictive parts out of the way already and now come the creative parts but no more posts lol.

If there's a lack of event, or fear of over-treading characters made by others, why not make squads for your characters. Squads can help with rotations of duties and make for round the clock interceptions. Plus the rivalries, co-operations and camaraderies can be plenty of writing materials. I think you could even run a campaign and have a written descriptions of battles/events from what happen in game chronologically.