UFO: Alien Invasion Release Candidate 4!

Zombie

The UFO: Alien Invasion team has just announced the release of Candidate 4: the newest playable demo of this X-COM project currently in development. Some of the many changes since RC3 are:

• New menu for assigning weapons and shields to aircraft.
  • Improved tutorial.
  • Updated translations.
  • Implemented the use of alien armor.
  • New production system.
  • Updated weapon stats.
  • Aliens equipped differently for different missions.
  • New buildings for base view.

Want to know more? You can visit the official project page here for detailed information. You can also view the full line of 9 new screenshots in their media section (4 are below), and the file itelf can be dowloaded via a mirror in our files section.

baseview.jpggeoscape2.jpgitaly.jpgteam_equip.jpg

- Zombie

Well, I downloaded the 2.0 RC4 win32.zip file and it worked fine. :)

Hey Zombie you need to update your sig. Aftershock is available at £8.99 from Amazon these days ;)

:) Yeah, I've been meaning to update it for a while now since Aftershock came down in price. Maybe Pete can come up with something different for us admins. :)

- Zombie

Mmmm... *Zombie drools*. Isn't that a great pic? Personally, I can't get enough of those high-quality Geoscape renders (especially the night-time showing the population density). I have a similar one from a competing project as my computer background right now. Time to switch! :)

But, why is the entire globe in complete darkness? Did the sun suddenly wink out? :)

- Zombie